PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if we DO win the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Cold Bruschi

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I've been thinking this over, the win vs. SD was very satisfying but it seems that it only fanned the media wildfire on the spygate issue. We have to realize us winning the superbowl will be the league office's worst nightmare come true and we're going to see some absolutely terrible calls thrown at us. But I digress, what if we actually do it? It won't be viewed as valid by anyone but us, it might even be compared to the black sox of the early 20th century as a stolen championship. It just depresses me, naturally I'll be rooting for the pats all the way but if we win I won't have the same feeling at all that I did when we any of the first 3. Anyone else feeling this dilemma? Maybe all this stupid press is getting to me and I should just stop reading ESPN, SI, and the like.

Wouldn't it mean more than the first three? After all, MAYBE we had a video camera on the sidelines during those three seasons, this time we won't!

There will be nothing anyone can say and further more, WHEN they do win the SB, any interaction that has to take place with the leaky commish should be done quick and matter of fact like.

Let me take a cue from Tom's post game presser last Sunday:

You believe what you want to believe. Nobody (I don't) gives a hoot what these media hacks are saying,writing. As far as I am concerned, Patriots never cheated their way to any of their SB's - past & future! But you are right, if Pats do indeed run the table, play in SB's expect to see some horrendous calls. Again I wouldn't care about the crap they called journalism these days.

Again for 100 million'th time:
Did Patriots break a rule? Yes
Did Patriots cheat? NO

I've been thinking this over, the win vs. SD was very satisfying but it seems that it only fanned the media wildfire on the spygate issue. We have to realize us winning the superbowl will be the league office's worst nightmare come true and we're going to see some absolutely terrible calls thrown at us. But I digress, what if we actually do it? It won't be viewed as valid by anyone but us, it might even be compared to the black sox of the early 20th century as a stolen championship. It just depresses me, naturally I'll be rooting for the pats all the way but if we win I won't have the same feeling at all that I did when we any of the first 3. Anyone else feeling this dilemma? Maybe all this stupid press is getting to me and I should just stop reading ESPN, SI, and the like.

Bunk............ We have one of the league's premere products right now (did you even watch the Mon. night game, terrible). If we go on tear through the league at this point, this story will evolve into one of "us against the world", overcoming ......... blaa, blaa, blaa".

Will there still be a-wipes trying to drive the "cheating" train a little longer, yes, but the questions will start to turn to "Best team, ever.... and stuff like that. The BEST thing that could happen for this league right now is for us to go 19-0 and win it all. Particularly if we start setting records (like a QB passer % of >70% and stuff like that). Then we start gettiing back to the goofy "Who's better" question, that makes everybody all giddy.

Sunday night started the process (the spy chatter had really fallen of the table since then outside a few in the media.......... if you haven't noticed).

I'm not even kidding

Last edited:
You're definitely reading too much......I think a SB win this year would be more satisfying than just about any other, apart from the first.

Then we'd be

lombardi_trophy.gif
lombardi_trophy.gif
lombardi_trophy.gif
lombardi_trophy.gif

4x CHAMPS

In my whole life this has been the worst thing that has ever happened to me as a fan. It depressess me too. This has been so horrible and it's almost like I can't escape it. When all this spygate shyt went down i really couldn't watch ESPN or even come here. This season is a must win for the SB. We have to win the SB no matter what this year. That would be the only way to really stick it up the media's assess. What I'm doing is taking all the negative crap and finding a positive. Every time the media comes out and says something bad about the Pats, imagine as if they are pouring gasoline into a fire. That's what I'm doing. The Pats are defenitley the best team in the NFL, and by far the best when they feel they have to prove something. When we win this years SB, I can see myself feeling better then ever. Like everything else though, there is nothing better than the first time.

I think the opposite to be honest.. I think the Patriots winning the Superbowl and dominating everyone in their path is the best thing for the league because then they can say we won it fair and square and that our past Superbowls aren't tainted.

I think the opposite to be honest.. I think the Patriots winning the Superbowl and dominating everyone in their path is the best thing for the league because then they can say we won it fair and square and that our past Superbowls aren't tainted.

I'm 100% with you on that.

If they can continue winning by an average of 24 points a game and demolish everyone, it would go a long way to shutting up those saying it was a result changing violation.

There's a perfect wat to diprove everyone.
Step 1: Have your team leader suspended 4 games for cheating.
Step 2: Have your Head Coach fined for cheating.
Step 3: Win Superbowl, and then everyone forgives you...

Doubtful.

Somebody should take out a full-page ad in the NY Post thanking that little rat ***** of a coach the Jets have.

Who the hell cares what everyone else thinks? Frankly, I would love to ruin everyone's super bowl sunday by pasting some overmatched NFC team by 6 touchdowns. The super bowls are only tainted in the eyes of the people who hate us anyway. So, frankly, who gives a rat's @ss? They won't be tainted to the Pats players, fans, and unbiased national media types like Pat Kirwan, Howie Long, Keyshawn Johnson, Jimmie Johnson, and many others. So, at the end of the day, it's exactly like Al Davis says, "Just WIN Baby!". When Tom Brady retires with 5 super bowl rings do you think he is going to give a sh*t what ringless wonder Dan Marino has to say? I don't think so. That's what's going to be great about it when Belichick and Brady retire with more rings than any head coach and QB in history. All the haters will have less rings and their opinion will be viewed as sour grapes.

To win this superbowl would be the most satisfying to me! The more people hate on us, the more enjoyable the win. This weeks win was incredible! With the whole NFL and media establishment against us, we gave them two black eyes and a bloody lip!

Doing the same to all the whiny punks during the Super Bowl would be priceless!!!!:rocker:

People will say we bought one.

Count on it.

People will say we bought one.

Count on it.

I'm sure they might try, but they will sound awfully stupid with the whole salary cap thing.

After all, aren't the Chargers supposedly the most talented team?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We get bleepfaced, celebrate, take the next day off?

Bought? so they were cheap the 1st 3 and bought the 4th. let them talk. besides the best pickup may be Moss and he was a trade and took less money.

It depends if we're in a superbowl rematch, if its a team we've played before we'll have cheating video to beat them. So that doesn't count. If we play the colts in the playoffs we'll use our cheat video from 2006 etc.

You just have to recognize the media pattern and learn to not care.

The media was all over the Patriots for making multiple signings in the offseason.. comparing us to the redskins. Said we're no better than anyone else. Thats how far they were reaching to knock the Patriots down a peg. The media is desperate to throw dirt on the Patriots. It sells papers and makes ratings. Everyone hates the patriots because they win. Just learn to deal. Or better yet. Learn to enjoy being hated.

The way I see it is people hated us and were jealous of us before this took place.
So now they can hate on us with four... how many? FOUR World Championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down