Not open for further replies.

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
i wonder if the outrage would be like it is now. After all, Dungy is more important than Matin Luther King, so i think it would not even be a story. This is the same as the Barry Bonds thing. Everyone cheered the likable McGuire while they wanted to kill the hated Bonds

i wonder if the outrage would be like it is now. After all, Dungy is more important than Matin Luther King, so i think it would not even be a story. This is the same as the Barry Bonds thing. Everyone cheered the likable McGuire while they wanted to kill the hated Bonds

If it were Dungy the outrage factor would be about 1.5 maybe 2. Then the media would figure out a way to justify that he was just being innovative. Face it folks, most of the national media that covers the NFL hates this franchise for one reason or another.

Dungy is more important than Martin Luther King jr? I must be missing some kind of humor here.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, if they were using video cameras on the sidelines I'd be upset. We know they already have the turning up the heat and raising the crowd noise thing down.

Of ocurse it wouldn't. If Dungy were involved, the media would be saying "everyone does it," and "this will blow the lid off all cheating in the league."

Since it's Belichick, they're saying "the Lombardi's are tainted," and "this guy should face a harsh suspension."

F the media.

I'm sure Al Sharpton would Spin this like he does with everything else, if it was Tony "The Christian" Dungy.

I really doubt Dungy would do this, I really don't even think he coaches, just stands on the sideline watching the real head coach play.

After hearing several reporters, coaches and players today point out how stupid this whole thing is and how overblown it's become, it's quickly reminding me of the Tuck Rule.

It wasn't the first time it was called, it wasn't the last time it was called but it happened at a critical point in a playoff game for us. Therefore, opposing fans and even media quickly decided that it was a fix and we didn't deserve to win.

It's quickly becoming obvious that this is simply the hot story and it is apparantly the job of the media, as it is in every story, to burn it into the ground as hard and as fast as possible.

Boys will be boys. Period.

It would never be Dungy. Polian does the dirty work in that organization. Dungy's the Mom.

Dungy is more important than Martin Luther King jr? I must be missing some kind of humor here.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, if they were using video cameras on the sidelines I'd be upset. We know they already have the turning up the heat and raising the crowd noise thing down.

opening game this year against the Saint, the announcers said Dungy wining the superbowl was more important than what MLK did. I dont know the exact wording, but that was the jist of it

Its funny, can you imagine if this was a terrible team like the Raiders? This would be a non story, and people would be mocking them because they were cheating and still losing, but since its the hated Pats, this thing has taken on a life of its own, and has gotten bigger each day, for no real reason. Lets hope Goddell uses his brain here and doesn't get caught up in all the Jester fans with no lives emailing him all day for Bellichick to be suspended for the season and the game to be overturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes