Welcome to PatsFans.com

What if this team just is not very good...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by swheeler23, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hopefully, the o-line gets healthy along with Brady. That will make the defense better because they will not be on the field all day. If they do not get healthy this is not a good team right now.
  2. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +125 / 19 / -8

#18 Jersey

Re: What if this team just is not very good....

Yeah, I mean that Brady guy is next to useless. Won't make much of a difference at all.

Have you taken your crack today? I mean, this is a team that went 18-1 last year. Give me a break.
  3. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Re: What if this team just is not very good....

The level of panic on this board based on pre-season games is laughable. I'm not saying there's nothing to be concerned about, but jeez. You think Asante Samuel was the difference between going 18-1 and 8-8? Come on.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Time to get the meds out....
  5. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This is the same talk we heard this time last year when it's was rumored that Randy Moss may be out for the season. Look how that ended up :blahblah:

I think what BB is doing is just resting everyone for a few reasons 1) We just came off a long insanely stressful season and players just need an extra break 2) BB doesn't want to show everything he has in these preseason games so when week 1 rolls around there will be an advantage.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  6. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

What if most of our posters are just not very good?
  7. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

A jets fan at jetnation said it best "week one, the patriots will be the chiefs 40-3 and all of this will be forgoten"

then another one said "for the patriots preseason means PRE to winning every game"

see, if our rivals know the deal.
  8. patsfan12

patsfan12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What if your aunt had b*lls. She'd be your uncle.

If the teams not very good by Patriot standards ( or rather 21st century Patriot standards) then we will still probably win 11-13 games... There is too much talent. I know the Detroit Tigers and New York Rangers also have alot of talent, and yield no results. But,too disciplined, too well coached, to match that talent makes for a good team.
  9. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I thought I was doing the double standard thing when it occurred to me I made fun of Redskins fans for doing the "It's PRE SEASON" thing when they sucked it up some time ago. Because the argument can be made that you have to show a little something in preseason regardless of whether or not you win or lose. But the Skins were playing their starters, including QB. I do think our situation is a little different, though it does give me a bit of pause.
  10. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It's funny when our rival fans, who hate us and will throw "cheaters" at us every turn, have more faith in BB and Tom Brady than actual Patriot fans.

I don't cheer for losses, but if one does happen, hopefully alot of the Chicken Littles on the board will go away for good.
  11. PatsGAgirl

PatsGAgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think we'll be fine. As others have said, I believe that pre-season emphasis is not on winning, but "situational football" and analysis of new guys,etc. :blahblah: :) Losing these preseason games will hopefully make these new guys realize that it's gonna take hard work to win, and it's not just a given if your a Patriot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.