PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if this team just is not very good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swheeler23

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hopefully, the o-line gets healthy along with Brady. That will make the defense better because they will not be on the field all day. If they do not get healthy this is not a good team right now.

Re: What if this team just is not very good....

Yeah, I mean that Brady guy is next to useless. Won't make much of a difference at all.

Have you taken your crack today? I mean, this is a team that went 18-1 last year. Give me a break.

Re: What if this team just is not very good....

The level of panic on this board based on pre-season games is laughable. I'm not saying there's nothing to be concerned about, but jeez. You think Asante Samuel was the difference between going 18-1 and 8-8? Come on.

Time to get the meds out....

This is the same talk we heard this time last year when it's was rumored that Randy Moss may be out for the season. Look how that ended up :blahblah:

I think what BB is doing is just resting everyone for a few reasons 1) We just came off a long insanely stressful season and players just need an extra break 2) BB doesn't want to show everything he has in these preseason games so when week 1 rolls around there will be an advantage.

Last edited:
What if most of our posters are just not very good?

A jets fan at jetnation said it best "week one, the patriots will be the chiefs 40-3 and all of this will be forgoten"

then another one said "for the patriots preseason means PRE to winning every game"

see, if our rivals know the deal.

What if your aunt had b*lls. She'd be your uncle.

If the teams not very good by Patriot standards ( or rather 21st century Patriot standards) then we will still probably win 11-13 games... There is too much talent. I know the Detroit Tigers and New York Rangers also have alot of talent, and yield no results. But,too disciplined, too well coached, to match that talent makes for a good team.

I thought I was doing the double standard thing when it occurred to me I made fun of Redskins fans for doing the "It's PRE SEASON" thing when they sucked it up some time ago. Because the argument can be made that you have to show a little something in preseason regardless of whether or not you win or lose. But the Skins were playing their starters, including QB. I do think our situation is a little different, though it does give me a bit of pause.

A jets fan at jetnation said it best "week one, the patriots will be the chiefs 40-3 and all of this will be forgoten"

then another one said "for the patriots preseason means PRE to winning every game"

see, if our rivals know the deal.

It's funny when our rival fans, who hate us and will throw "cheaters" at us every turn, have more faith in BB and Tom Brady than actual Patriot fans.

I don't cheer for losses, but if one does happen, hopefully alot of the Chicken Littles on the board will go away for good.

I think we'll be fine. As others have said, I believe that pre-season emphasis is not on winning, but "situational football" and analysis of new guys,etc. :blahblah: :) Losing these preseason games will hopefully make these new guys realize that it's gonna take hard work to win, and it's not just a given if your a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back