PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if these spygate sories are true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swheeler23

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The players and team would never be the same. How would a player such as Brady defend himself? How do you prove you knew nothing about it. Everything you worked your ass of your entire career would be gone because Belichick had to video tape a horrible Jets team.

I know spygate will be over in a week. What if there are videos of the walkthough? This sucks because I want to believe it is not true. :mad:

The players and team would never be the same. How would a player such as Brady defend himself? How do you prove you knew nothing about it. Everything you worked your ass of your entire career would be gone because Belichick had to video tape a horrible Jets team.

I know spygate will be over in a week. What if there are videos of the walkthough? This sucks because I want to believe it is not true. :mad:

Well if there is a tape out there, and it shows a walk through practice .. I think that Belichick knows what goes on at every minute of the orgainization, get used to having Josh Mcdaniels head coach.. Only for the simple fact is Belichick will be gone for a yr, and I think Kraft wont want him back... I dont even want to think it, but I came home and read PFT and it says Walsh has tapes.. Folks I hope people understand what will happen, and be prepared for the worst.. Because it wont be pretty if and IF THIS IS TRUE..

Last edited:
Well if there is a tape out there, and it shows a walk through practice .. I think that Belichick knows what goes on at every minute of the orgainization, get used to having Josh Mcdaniels head coach..

That is scary. I would much rather have Head Coach Dean Pees, or Head Coach Charlie Weis (get the hell out of ND while you still can Charlie!)

If BB goes down, he's taking others with him, this might get ugly. It's time for him to address this and to address the fans, no more laying low in the weeds Bill, time to speak up, we're having our hearts ripped out of us right now. It's time you talk to us. I wonder how Mangini feels right now, I wonder if he's sleeping at night. He was the root cause of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if there are videos of the walkthough?

It still will mean nothing. Walsh will say he was instructed to shoot the video, the Patriots will deny it and say he shot it on his own and is a disgruntled ex-employee trying to make a name for himself and harm his ex-employer for firing him.

It still will mean nothing. Walsh will say he was instructed to shoot the video, the Patriots will deny it and say he shot it on his own and is a disgruntled ex-employee trying to make a name for himself and harm his ex-employer for firing him.

Which this is why this thing wont go away all off season, something has to break and fast, because its getting sickning... I thought the super bowl loss was bad, but the whole end to the dynasty could happen if Belichick is guilty of taping... Its not getting any better..

Which this is why this thing wont go away all off season, something has to break and fast, because its getting sickning... I thought the super bowl loss was bad, but the whole end to the dynasty could happen if Belichick is guilty of taping... Its not getting any better..

You're Mr Doom and Gloom tonight. Think positive...they have been spouting this stuff for 2 weeks about a video, and NO ONE has seen it or confirmed it (I don't believe Walsh's lawyer; like he is going to say "My client has nothing"). The whole thing in September began and ended (punishement and new, concrete evidence wise) within a week. This will drag on, but I seriously believe it will turn out to be nothing.

Why does Walsh have a lawyer for nothing? would a lawyer not view these tapes before saying anything in public?

You're Mr Doom and Gloom tonight. Think positive...they have been spouting this stuff for 2 weeks about a video, and NO ONE has seen it or confirmed it (I don't believe Walsh's lawyer; like he is going to say "My client has nothing"). The whole thing in September began and ended (punishement and new, concrete evidence wise) within a week. This will drag on, but I seriously believe it will turn out to be nothing.

You can only hope that, but like I said if Kraft or Godell feels this is getting way out of hand, some one has to take a fall, and that someone will be Belichick.. I dont want that ,you dont want that , none of us want that, but who would have thought when the story came out in sept about the jets whinning about video tapping, it has gotten to this point...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad::mad:

Why does Walsh have a lawyer for nothing? would a lawyer not view these tapes before saying anything in public?

Who the hell knows? Why did McNamee save freakin syringes for 7 years? Why did Bush invade Iraq in 2003 when he could have done it September 12th 2001 and no one would have batted an eyelash? Why did that cop think hiding the body of the girlfriend he just murdered would work? Why was the box office take for "Freddy Got Fingered" so low?

Sometimes questions just have no answers. People do things and that's that.

I might be missing something... can someone let me know if I'm missing something?

NFL teams taping NFL games at the stadiums is allowed - assuming they have permission, as the Jets assert they had permission to tape a game against us but were thrown out by the Patriots because in fact they had not.

The NFL apparently is on the honor system when it comes to that, assuming that no team will turn their cameras on the sideline. Gotta love their trust on that one.

The NFL also is OK with signal stealing - even though most in the public view this as cheating, and think that's what makes the Patriots so bad.

The NFL also only clarified their own rule about videotaping signal calling in 2006 - before then the rule was simply that taping for game day use was prohibited - whereas in 2006 they clarified that to prohibit any taping of signal calling - but still let teams videotape the game itself, as long as the videographers swear they won't turn their cameras or telescopic microphones on the coaches.

Meanwhile, I've yet to hear anyone tell me what the rule is about videotaping practice sessions is... I do know that sometimes teams close practices to prevent that from happening. All I can assume is that if teams aren't interested in closing practices they can't fault scouts from watching - and assuming there is no rule, videotaping the practices.

So to the question at hand - if the Spygate stories are true, I find it difficult to get all twisted in a knot when the NFL couldn't be more convoluted about what it does or doesn't consider a rule violation on any given day of the week.

If Belichick goes down, he better take the whole bloddy nfl with him, because we could not have been the only ones..

I might be missing something... can someone let me know if I'm missing something?

NFL teams taping NFL games at the stadiums is allowed - assuming they have permission, as the Jets assert they had permission to tape a game against us but were thrown out by the Patriots because in fact they had not.

The NFL apparently is on the honor system when it comes to that, assuming that no team will turn their cameras on the sideline. Gotta love their trust on that one.

The NFL also is OK with signal stealing - even though most in the public view this as cheating, and think that's what makes the Patriots so bad.

The NFL also only clarified their own rule about videotaping signal calling in 2006 - before then the rule was simply that taping for game day use was prohibited - whereas in 2006 they clarified that to prohibit any taping of signal calling - but still let teams videotape the game itself, as long as the videographers swear they won't turn their cameras or telescopic microphones on the coaches.

Meanwhile, I've yet to hear anyone tell me what the rule is about videotaping practice sessions is... I do know that sometimes teams close practices to prevent that from happening. All I can assume is that if teams aren't interested in closing practices they can't fault scouts from watching - and assuming there is no rule, videotaping the practices.

So to the question at hand - if the Spygate stories are true, I find it difficult to get all twisted in a knot when the NFL couldn't be more convoluted about what it does or doesn't consider a rule violation on any given day of the week.

Best post of the night. Thank you! If you are wrong then I must be missing something as well, bc this is how I see this whole thing also.

Last edited:
Best post of the night. Thank you! If you are wrong then I must be missing something as well, bc this is how I see this whole thing also.
I hope you two are correct.Can you say that you have no doubt about the Pats being innocent?

I hope you two are correct.Can you say that you have no doubt about the Pats being innocent?

I think that they are innocent so far as they have been doing nothing out of the ordinary within the NFL. I look to those credible nfl figures (Jimmy Johnson for one) who have come out and stated that as well on numerous occasions. Also, throughout this whole thing many have also speculated that BB has evidence of many other teams doing the very thing he was punished for. We still have not heard BB defend himself (most likely for the fact that he was going to let this whole thing blow over itself and focus on the team's needs at the time). He has implied, in one interview at least, that there is more to this story than we've been told. Also, players on the team have said this as well. I recall Brady stating (paraphrasing) that they had all the facts, which is why they backed up their coach, implying that the general public didn't completely understand or know everything behind what was being portrayed in this case. Also, the way the players rallied around their coach showed to me that they believed he in some way had been wronged along with their past teams. So, I have much more reason to believe in their innocence, then their guilt. If BB brings out his defense, as intelligent as he is, you can bet he is going to come out with something strong. If it comes to that point where he must, he will be more than ready to defend himself/his team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey