because you dissagree with them.

Excellent point.

Well said.

pats60 said:
Would anyone post or read anymore?
What would everyone say on the forum?
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion without a personal attack

That is an interesting theory...... No one is attacking you, but why on earth would you think that BB and Bob Kraft are sitting on their hands during the first week of free agency? Take a look at BB's FA history with this team, when he signs people and why he thinks they are a good fit for this team and his system. What has BB done in free agency in the past that makes you think that he will not find competent, able men to fill our vacancies? I think the reason people are so upset about these type of threads is that BB has done nothing to lose OUR trust. If you have been a fan of this team since 1960 then you are well aware of the fumbling and bumbling owners and coaches of our past. What have BB and Bob Kraft done to make you think that we are going back to those days?

I guess I just don't understand how you could lose faith in BB after one non-SB winning season......

Disagreeing is one thing. Being a total idiot is something different.

I agree with every post in this thread.

Bill's Girl said:
No one is attacking you
I attacked him. He said he deserved better. Better than 3 SB in 5 years ? :confused:

pats60 said:
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion without a personal attack.

I agree. Most of us on this board are passionate fans. Let's keep in mind that we're all rooting for the same team.

smg93 said:
Let's keep in mind that we're all rooting for the same team.

And that team is the 2005 New England Patriots.

patchick said:

2006! It's hard enough to live in the present. Living our lives in the past will leave all of us miserable. ;)

patchick said:
Mine was the 1976 Patriots must be the wrong forum.:D

pats60 said:
Would anyone post or read anymore?
What would everyone say on the forum?
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion without a personal attack
Fine, no argument.

However, isn't a forum also about debate? Or is it just about posting your opinion?

I think one thing I personally tire of is the complete unwillingness by some to defend their opinion. An illogical and factually incorrect 'opinion' doesn't have any value.

I've only recently begun posting more often here after several years as a lurker, and one thing I've noticed is that often, when these opinions are challenged, the opinion guy avoids any accountability for the opinion, ignores any challenge to it, and merely runs off to start another thread, restating again his/her opinion.

The only value is when this opinion can be backed up with a reasoned argument. Otherwise, its clutter, and it doesn't serve the membership or the dialogue here at all.

smg93 said:
2006! It's hard enough to live in the present. Living our lives in the past will leave all of us miserable. ;)

I'm still pulling for that 2002 team. Man, if only Green Bay could've hung in against the Jets...........

i think a lot of posts are taking out of content because it is hard to judge someones tone. I think people get there feelings hurt to easily on this board.

Bill's Girl said:
That is an interesting theory...... No one is attacking you, but why on earth would you think that BB and Bob Kraft are sitting on their hands during the first week of free agency? Take a look at BB's FA history with this team, when he signs people and why he thinks they are a good fit for this team and his system. What has BB done in free agency in the past that makes you think that he will not find competent, able men to fill our vacancies? I think the reason people are so upset about these type of threads is that BB has done nothing to lose OUR trust. If you have been a fan of this team since 1960 then you are well aware of the fumbling and bumbling owners and coaches of our past. What have BB and Bob Kraft done to make you think that we are going back to those days?

I guess I just don't understand how you could lose faith in BB after one non-SB winning season......
I not losing faith in him. Since he`s been here we never lost so many key
players with no one waiting in the wings for them.
Maybe i overacted because Willie and David are two of my favorites

smg93 said:

Just a wee joke...I do think that it's our loyal attachment to the teams of the recent past that has stoked a lot of the fires lately. Which reminds me: Bring Back Willie!!!

smg93 said:
I agree. Most of us on this board are passionate fans. Let's keep in mind that we're all rooting for the same team.
Thank you
There is nothing better than bieng a Patriot fan

Fans can be sentimental that way. Teams cannot. And we have no right to expect them to. Its completely unreasonable. A friend mentioned to me this morning that this very same sentimentality is the reason Green Bay is in the position it is at this very moment. I'm sure there are no end of people in GB who cannot envision the Packers without Brett Favre. Yet Favre is an ineefective, inefficient player, and is just as much of a problem (I think even more so) than the Packers supposed 'lack of talent'.

I value the championship-caliber football far more than I do any player.

Sack up and back it up. That's my motto. :D

Schmess...at least we dragged the freakin' Wanny-phins under with us the last day of the regular season....that sorta satisfied me in 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back