PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Ernie Adams is calling the plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
That would be an interesting twist, eh?

Isaac said:
That would be an interesting twist, eh?

Better yet, what if Ernie is the REAL brains behind the operation and BB is just his frontman? :eek:

Tunescribe said:
Better yet, what if Ernie is the REAL brains behind the operation and BB is just his frontman? :eek:

Kind of like what is happening in the White House. :D (disclaimer: that is not a political statement. It is just a joke. Please dont hijack the thread).

Tunescribe said:
Its all starting to make sense now.
BB knows very little about football but he is very media savy.
Ernie is not very good with the media but he is a genius with the Xs and Os.

Brilliant!
Ps: How long before the "Bob Kraft is really the front man for Jeremy Jacobs" theories start floating?
Is it draft day yet? Please?!

Last edited:
Odlirama said:
Its all starting to make sense now.
BB knows very little about football but he is very media savy.
Ernie is not very good with the media but he is a genius with the Xs and Os.

Brilliant!
Ps: How long before the "Bob Kraft is really the front man for Jeremy Jacobs" theories start floating?
Is it draft day yet? Please?!

Draft day cannot come soon enough, then we can all question the Pats moves for about 2 weeks(what the f were they thinking), Borges and Cafardo can do their lack of credibility thing and then it will all make some kind of sense...

Willie55 said:
Kind of like what is happening in the White House. :D (disclaimer: that is not a political statement. It is just a joke. Please dont hijack the thread).
uggggggggghhhhhh

when Weis left I said, well it's not like we lost Ernie...he's more involved than people realize. He's way more significant than Scott. I always hear "Bioli" or BB/SP...it's Belichick and Adams -- that's the braintrust...where the synergy is behind the scenes.

Funny that Adams never gets mentioned on this board.

He is like the Emperor through Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. A shadowy behind the scenes figure whose importance is never clearly explained.

GJAJ15 said:
Draft day cannot come soon enough, then we can all question the Pats moves for about 2 weeks(what the f were they thinking), Borges and Cafardo can do their lack of credibility thing and then it will all make some kind of sense...
There's one thing we know for certain: if Borges :mad: and Cafardo :rolleyes: think we have a good draft, then it will turn out we have drafted a cartful of busts.
:explative

Here is Ernie leading last years draft picks and UDFA's in their first drill during mini camp.

fmj.imagefilm.jpg

While I love Belichick, I would consider my name to be ErnieAdamsFan if I were doing it again - the guy just intrigues the heck out of me.

sieglo said:

I'd rather not talk about myself.

And that's all i'm gonna say about that.

sieglo said:
He's such an invisible figure, it's basically impossible to talk about him much.

sieglo said:

That's because most of us don't know who he is.

BelichickFan said:
He's such an invisible figure, it's basically impossible to talk about him much.

I met him briefly at Halberstam's lecture/book signing a few months ago. He's an unassuming, non-descript little guy in his fifties. If it wasn't for that Super Bowl ring that's about as big as his fist, you'd never, ever, guess he was in any way associated with the NFL. It only adds to his mystique. I think it was mentioned in this forum right after the lecture, but Ernie DID say that he is on the 'phones with BB during games, and has input during halftime adjustments.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the majority of us would recognize him if we saw him on the street. I've only seen a few pictures of him. I was going to compare him to Whitey Bulger but if Tunescribe has actually seen and spoken to him, I guess that wouldn't be accurate.

It' d be cool to hear from him. His relationship with BB intrigues me too. How often do you met someone with whom you've experienced a vulcan mind meld that has lasted more than 30 years?

Hoodie said:
I'm not sure the majority of us would recognize him if we saw him on the street. I've only seen a few pictures of him. I was going to compare him to Whitey Bulger but if Tunescribe has actually seen and spoken to him, I guess that wouldn't be accurate.

It' d be cool to hear from him. His relationship with BB intrigues me too. How often do you met someone with whom you've experienced a vulcan mind meld that has lasted more than 30 years?
Why not compare him to someone like the late Joel Buschbaum; the real draft guru...who looked more like the anti-football player...(in fact, his picture was never seen until after his death...)

Hoodie said:

Bill's Girl and I also went to that Book signing with Halberstam. But honestly, we were only interested in Ernie Adams. He signed both of my books and BG's got a few pics of him close up. I could try and post a few pictures I have of him from that night.....

PATSNUTme said:
Here is Ernie leading last years draft picks and UDFA's in their first drill during mini camp.

fmj.imagefilm.jpg

That is hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes