PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Dez Bryant slides to twenty-two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you seeing that he forgot his cleats?

What I read was that there were 35 mph gusts playing havoc with his workout. Even his 4.52 time may be questionable because of the wind. But on the other hand, his 4.7 time was into a headwind. He was catching balls that were being whipped around.

First time I heard he didn't have cleats but... was he running on a track?

Rotoworld. LOL! The source of nearly all my info. Love that site.

McShea was just on ESPN. Says he can can't see anyone like the Dolphins taking him that high, but the Bengals at 21 makes sense.

Which is kind of weird some scouting reports such as Walter Football view him as an identical CJ receiver. Lacking in playing speed. According to that site he will never be a #1 WR, but has the ability to be a quality #2.

Last edited:
There's a major difference in abusing small time Big 12 DB's as opposed to doing it to elite NFL DB's. The guys entire game is predicated on his physicality, he will struggle at that in the NFL. Take a look at the Georgia game last year. They knocked him all over the place, and pretty much took him out of the game with their larger CB's. Read any scouting report, and it will tell you he
initiated contact in college, and like I said it
works well on under achieving small time DB's, but when he tries to do that at this level he will be ineffective (see Ga. game)

Does the name Rashaun Woods ring a bell? Because according to many, they see this guy in
the same light. Woods was extremely highly
touted, coming out of Ok. St. and was nearly identical to Bryant, and where's he at now?

Dez Bryant: 6'2" 225 pounds
Randy Moss: 6'4" 210 pounds
Larry Fitzgerald: 6'3" 217 pounds

avg. Nfl cornerback: 5'11 190 pounds

If Moss and Fitzgerald make alot of their game off physicality and abusing DBs, I think Bryant could do it as well.

To me it's just a deja vu. Todd McShay just said " A top 10 talent whose off the field will cause him to fall in the early 20's" (cough, Randy Moss, cough)

EDIT: Lol, we both just watched the same piece on Bryant.

Last edited:
Dez Bryant: 6'2" 225 pounds
Randy Moss: 6'4" 210 pounds
Larry Fitzgerald: 6'3" 217 pounds

avg. Nfl cornerback: 5'11 190 pounds

If Moss and Fitzgerald make alot of their game off physicality and abusing DBs, I think Bryant could do it as well.

To me it's just a deja vu. Todd McShay just said " A top 10 talent whose off the field will cause him to fall in the early 20's" (cough, Randy Moss, cough)

I just saw that. Hey, like I said I hope you guys are right.

I will say this. If it came down to the Bengals pick, and they are deciding between Gresham, and Bryant, and we are going to take whichever one they don't. I pray to god they take Gresham.

I just saw that. Hey, like I said I hope you guys are right.

You have a point about the Bengals sniping him from us. Antonio Bryant, Dez Bryant, Chad Ochocinco could be too much $ towards WR,so maybe they'll avoid it. Let's hope they sign T.O because then I doubt they draft Bryant.

You have a point about the Bengals sniping him from us. Antonio Bryant, Dez Bryant, Chad Ochocinco could be too much $ towards WR,so maybe they'll avoid it. Let's hope they sign T.O because then I doubt they draft Bryant.

They need a TE badly. That's why I hope they take Gresham! I do not want the temptation to even be there when we're on the clock. We all know BB's weak spot for 1st round TE's.

They need a TE badly. That's why I hope they take Gresham! I do not want the temptation to even be there when we're on the clock. We all know BB's weak spot for 1st round TE's.

I 100% agree, it'd be a huge waste as that position is almost useless receiving wise in our offense. I don't want a TE in the first four picks.

Many would disagree, but I'd be fine with this TE depth chart.

1. Crumpler
2. Agnone (promoted from PS)
3. 5th rd rookie

thought?

I 100% agree, it'd be a huge waste as that position is almost useless receiving wise in our offense. I don't want a TE in the first four picks.

1. Crumpler
3. 5th rd rookie

thought?

Ahhh, you're going to hate me for this, but I'm a HUGE fan of Graham from Miami, and am all about using that third 2nd rounder on him. Sorry, but I just got feeling about this guy.

EDIT: I just hope the big boy Crumpler can pass the conditioning test. Somebody else mentioned this in an earlier thread, but it is certainly a valid point considering he was last weighed in at close to 300LBS

Last edited:
Ahhh, you're going to hate me for this, but I'm a HUGE fan of Graham from Miami, and am all about using that third 2nd rounder on him. Sorry, but I just got feeling about this guy.

There's only two outcomes for Jimmy Graham.

1. Stud-next Gonzalez for the decade.

2. Epic Bust-Horrible pick, out of league soon.

I'm not sure which one he will be, but he's a huge risk. I wouldn't mind him at #53 though.

1. Crumpler
3. 5th rd rookie

thought?

Who are some legit TE prospects in the 5th round range?

I like ****erson to a certain degree, but will he still be there?

There's only two outcomes for Jimmy Graham.

1. Stud-next Gonzalez for the decade.

2. Epic Bust-Horrible pick, out of league soon.

I'm not sure which one he will be, but he's a huge risk. I wouldn't mind him at #53 though.

Who are some legit TE prospects in the 5th round range?

I like ****erson to a certain degree, but will he still be there?

My point was I don't think it matters if we're mediocre at TE. 5th round, Andrew Quarless I guess.

My point was I don't think it matters if we're mediocre at TE. 5th round, Andrew Quarless I guess.

No, no, no, no! No freakin way on Quarless! That guy is a complete a**. Major attitude problem. I guess the first red flag would have to be his "GODS GIFT" tattoo down his arm.

Anyway, I know where you're going. I think we need a quality TE who can help out in the passing game, that Brady can TRUST. If we had one of those, the position all of a sudden comes back to relevancy. I just don't want to see one drafted in the 1st.

No, no, no, no! No freakin way on Quarless! That guy is a complete a**. Major attitude problem. I guess the first red flag would have to be his "GODS GIFT" tattoo down his arm.

Anyway, I know where you're going. I think we need a quality TE who can help out in the passing game, that Brady can TRUST. If we had
one of those, the position all of a sudden comes back to relevancy. I just don't want to see one drafted in the 1st.

I'll be honest, I just went on a draft ranking and saw round 5 next to his name.:singing:

I don't know alot about the rookie TEs, but you seem to do. Thanks for the warning on Qyarless. LOL at the tattoo.

So these are the late round guys listed:

Colin Peek, Andrew Quarless, Michael Hoomanawanui.

Who's the best?

I'll be honest, I just went on a draft ranking and saw round 5 next to his name.:singing:

I don't know alot about the rookie TEs, but you seem to do. Thanks for the warning on Qyarless. LOL at the tattoo.

So these are the late round guys listed:

Colin Peek, Andrew Quarless, Michael Hoomanawanui.

Who's the best?

If we're going straght up blocking I'd say Hoomanawanui, but if you want a little of both neither being anything special. I'd say Peek.

I'm a big Bama fan, so Peek would be my pick. I could live with that, I guess.

Yeah, Quarless is a well renowned idiot. Both on, and off the field.

EDIT: Hoomanawanui's nickname is ew or ow or something like that due to his physical play.

Last edited:

OK, so you want Bryant in the 1st, and a TE in the 5th. What is the plan for those 2nd rounders, and 4th?

OK, so you want Bryant in the 1st, and a TE in the 5th. What is the plan for those 2nd rounders, and 4th?

I haven't decided, there's alot of combinations/possibilites. Between these 2:

#22 Dez Bryant
#28 (trade #44 and #47 only if Odrick is there) Odrick
#53 best potential 3-4 OLB left

--------------------
#22 Dez Bryant
#44 best potential 3-4 OLB left
#47 Wooten
#53 Toby Gerhart

I haven't decided, there's alot of combinations/possibilites. Between these 2:

#22 Dez Bryant
#28 (trade #44 and #47 only if Odrick is there) Odrick
#53 best potential 3-4 OLB left

--------------------
#22 Dez Bryant
#44 best potential 3-4 OLB left
#47 Wooten
#53 Toby Gerhart

I'm kind of torn between 3 LB's. Hardy,Hughes, and Misi. I can't decide which one I'd take, but would be more than happy with any of them. Not high on Kindle at all. That guy was an aberrition last year after they lost Orakpo.

That 2nd group of choices is pretty solid.

Last edited:
I'm kind of torn between 3 LB's. Hardy,Hughes, and Misi. I can't decide which one I'd take, but would be more than happy with any of them. Not high on Kindle at all. That guy was an aberrition last year after they lost Orakpo.

That 2nd group of choices is pretty solid.

Yeah, I agree with those three. I guess I'd choose Hughes if they were all there.

What's baffling about this is, Bryant doesn't seem to be exhibiting any sense awareness that his stock is falling. Seemingly, he's bored or disinterested, knowing he's likely a lock to go in the top fifteen. He and agent could be in for a rude awaking.

I mean he isn't doing a good job of dispelling the negative perception of him. Does he just not give a crap? Is he JaMarcus Russell 2.0?

Not far from Waco, Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant finally held his individual workout. His results were far from spectacular and the word is that he looked ill-prepared to perform in front of scouts. His 40 times ranged from the mid 4.5-second area to as slow as 4.63 seconds. He looked out of sorts during his three cone and shuttle runs, reportedly because he forgot to bring his running cleats to the workout. Bryant was forced to wear a brand new pair of cleats that were not properly broken in and, as a result, he has done a lot of slipping and sliding during his 40 and shuttle runs. Even worse, scouts have reported that Bryant seems unmotivated and is not giving a great deal of effort. This is not going to help his draft stock, which has been in a free fall.

NFL pro day news on Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, more - NFL - SI.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back