PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what if Butler wants another shot at Braylon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the coaching staff makes the refs aware of Braylon's propensity to push off when breaking off his route at the last second.

Butler = Maroney without dreadlocks.

When Bodden comes back next season he and D Mcourty will be the starters with Butler sucking hind teet.

It took Moss quite a few shots at Revis before an injury brought him a personal victory. I'm not sure Butler wants to go through that.

I'm pretty sure butler can keep up with any jets wr without pulling a hammy

Butler = Maroney without dreadlocks.

When Bodden comes back next season he and D Mcourty will be the starters with Butler sucking hind teet.

Maroney didn't work hard in the offseason. Reiss said Butler was the hardest working Patriot at the complex in the offseason.

So, given that they're not similar in terms of dedication, in what other ways ARE they similar?

I think a lot of people unfairly piled onto Butler for the Jets loss. We lost because we got shut out in the second half. McCourty also struggled, though not as bad.

But lots of Patriots have had poor games and bounced back. Devin was really really bad in that pre-season game against the Rams, but he's turned out quite nicely. Tom had some early season struggles, and was really awful against the Browns, but he's been playing great lately. Gronk killed us against Cleveland, then started killing the opposition.

I get that Butler played really poorly. I am not denying it. But he worked hard in the off-season. He has worked hard in the regular season. He's also been playing on the right side this season as opposed to the left like last season, which may require some adjustments.

He played a pretty good first half against Cincinnati, then got burned a bit in garbage time, then had a bad game against the Jets. Hardly enough to totally abandon hope.

I think a lot of people unfairly piled onto Butler for the Jets loss. We lost because we got shut out in the second half. McCourty also struggled, though not as bad.

But lots of Patriots have had poor games and bounced back. Devin was really really bad in that pre-season game against the Rams, but he's turned out quite nicely. Tom had some early season struggles, and was really awful against the Browns, but he's been playing great lately. Gronk killed us against Cleveland, then started killing the opposition.

I get that Butler played really poorly. I am not denying it. But he worked hard in the off-season. He has worked hard in the regular season. He's also been playing on the right side this season as opposed to the left like last season, which may require some adjustments.

He played a pretty good first half against Cincinnati, then got burned a bit in garbage time, then had a bad game against the Jets. Hardly enough to totally abandon hope.

take easy with the reason in that post buddy.....im not used to that type of stuff around here

take easy with the reason in that post buddy.....im not used to that type of stuff around here

Sorry, need to drink more before I post ;)

Maroney didn't work hard in the offseason. Reiss said Butler was the hardest working Patriot at the complex in the offseason.

So, given that they're not similar in terms of dedication, in what other ways ARE they similar?

All that hard work has amounted to Butler passing out cups of Gatorade.

Similarities?

1 Maroney was benched last season - Butler was benched this season.

2 Maroney was replaced by a 08 UDFA Green Ellis - Bulter was replaced by a 08 UDFA Arrington.

3 Maroney was the 1st NE delection in that draft and underperformed - Bulter was the 1st NE selection in his and has underperformed.

4 Both Maroney and Butler were over hyped as NFL players prior to draft day and thus far have not lived up to expectations. Maroney was touted as the best do -all RB in the draft - Butler was billed as the best CB in his draft.

I thought Butler was going to be one good thing to come out of that disappointing 09 draft but for whatever reason, he's been abit of a disappointment and I think that entire draft was poor for the Pats when it could of been alot better.

Similarities?

2 Maroney was replaced by a 08 UDFA Green Ellis - Bulter was replaced by a 08 UDFA Arrington.

3 Maroney was the 1st NE delection in that draft and underperformed - Bulter was the 1st NE selection in his and has underperformed.

4 Both Maroney and Butler were over hyped as NFL players prior to draft day and thus far have not lived up to expectations. Maroney was touted as the best do -all RB in the draft - Butler was billed as the best CB in his draft.

Butler played 20 snaps last game and didn't look the worse for it. I think most rational people will give Butler a chance before declaring him a bust, given this is only his second season.

I thought Butler was going to be one good thing to come out of that disappointing 09 draft but for whatever reason, he's been abit of a disappointment and I think that entire draft was poor for the Pats when it could of been alot better.

Uh, what? The 09 draft was excellent.

Similarities?

Yes, that's one. A similarity without distinction though. Players are benched all the time. Hell, Troy Brown was CUT. After a few years.

Maroney was here for four full years, and left in his fifth. BIG DIFFERENCE.

3 Maroney was the 1st NE selection in that draft and underperformed - Bulter was the 1st NE selection in his and has underperformed.

Incorrect. He was the 3rd selection.

Incorrect. Alphonso Smith, Vontae Davis and Malcolm Jenkins were all rated higher than Butler for that draft. For that matter, Reggie Bush was rated as the best do-all back in 2006.

After McCourty, CB spot is a big ?. Arrington took back his spot last week, but had some problems after being benched against the Colts. Butler seemed to play well the past couple of weeks. Jets run the ball well and Arrington may hold up best on the edge. Wilhite was doing well in the slot before his injury, so his status bears watching when the injury report comes out. Holmes has been their big play guy recently and he should draw a lot of attention.

Mack, this post is no way intended to be disrespectful toward you in any way. I'm just wondering where people get this notion from that Arrington was benched. I've seen posts that seem to echo this sentiment and, from what I gleaned, it's just not the case, particularly in the Colts game. In that game, if one watches closely, you'll see Arrington was taken off of RCB and was rushing the passer as a DE. He did it for most of the third quarter in sub packages. He was effective on some plays and not others. It's something that I believe they used a few times in the Lions game as well (though not nearly as heavily as the Colts game). Am I missing something? Was Arrington benched at some other juncture in the last two games and I missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back