PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what if Butler wants another shot at Braylon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
i dont mean an Andre type shot, I mean another shot at covering him

with the switching going on in recent weeks at the RCB spot, who is starting, and who would you like to start?

I personally believe fire in the belly counts for a LOT in football, so if Butler has been a gamer this week in practice I'm all for using him

with the switching going on in recent weeks at the RCB spot, who is starting, and who would you like to start?

I personally believe fire in the belly counts for a LOT in football, so if Butler has been a gamer this week in practice I'm all for using him
If Wilhite is available for the NY Jets game as the nickel cornerback, Butler will be riding the pines.

Last edited:
I'm sure Braylon wants another shot at Butler.;)

They usually line B. Edwards up on the right now. D.McCourty will cover him. S. Holmes usually lines up left. That may not be a bad matchup for Darius. Santonio isn't the big wr who can outmuscle him.

Braylon "if I'm not dropping passes, then I'm getting busted for DUI" Edwards?

Braylon "stone hands" Edwards is overrated the only reciever on that team i would worry about is Holmes.

I think Butler's absence is not just performance related, but maybe that whole twitter thing too. Just speculating here. How many Pats tweet like him?

if Butler wants another shot, I would tell him to sit the heck down and shut the eff up.

I think Butler's absence is not just performance related, but maybe that whole twitter thing too. Just speculating here. How many Pats tweet like him?

He does twit quiet a bit, hope he studies football as much as he tweets.

They usually line B. Edwards up on the right now. D.McCourty will cover him. S. Holmes usually lines up left. That may not be a bad matchup for Darius. Santonio isn't the big wr who can outmuscle him.

S. Holmes have 22 catches in the last 5 games...i am sure BB wouldn't want Butler covering him.:nono: When CB's loses their Confindence there is really no hope for them. You think Kyle Arrington would be starting if BB thought Butler is over his slump? I think Butler's days are numbered as N.E. Patriot. At this point i dont even think Butler matches up well with Jerricho Cotchery.

Last edited:
S. Holmes have 22 catches in the last 5 games...i am sure BB wouldn't want Butler covering him.:nono: When CB's loses their Confindence there is really no hope for them. You think Kyle Arrington would be starting if BB thought Butler is over his slump? I think Butler's days are numbered as N.E. Patriot. At this point i dont even think Butler matches up well with Jerricho Cotchery.

Butler got 20 snaps the last game. Did you notice that? That's a big increase from when he got benched or was a healthy scratch. If we followed your philosophy that CB's who lose their confidences are no longer any good, Ty Law wouldn't have had the chance he did.

Butler got 20 snaps the last game. Did you notice that? That's a big increase from when he got benched or was a healthy scratch. If we followed your philosophy that CB's who lose their confidences are no longer any good, Ty Law wouldn't have had the chance he did.

I have followed Ty Law's entire career when has he ever lost his confidence? I want to see Butler do well too but his game tailed off a little too early for my liking.

Last edited:
I would hope he wants another shot at Braylen. That said, I have no idea if it'd be wise to let him line up on him. Glad we have BB for that :cool:

He is not a coach

Doesn't matter if he wants another shot I don't see him as worthy enough to be on the field in a big game like this. You can't take any chances and apparently Butler has done nothing during practice to warrant him playing. Sanchez would pick him apart as of right now.

I have followed Ty Law's entire career when has he ever lost his confidence? I want to see Butler do well too but his game tailed off a little too early for my liking.

Asante Samuel and Ty Law did not play right away. Asante played in his 3rd year. You really followed them?

Asante Samuel was the nickel cornerback in 2003. Asante Samuel became the starting left cornerback in 2004 after Ty Law suffered a season ending lisfranc injury in the Pittsburgh Steelers game at Heinz Field.

Asante Samuel: Game Logs at NFL.com

Asante Samuel: Game Logs at NFL.com

The question was about a player getting demoted.

Samuel didn't start until midway through his second season. And even then, he was demoted AFTER the Ty Law injury. Look at that stretch in the second half of the season when he sat in 4 straight games. He didn't become a regular until his 3rd year.

Did people really just speculate that he's getting benched because of twitter? It takes less than a minute, it's essentially just a mass text.

Look at that stretch in the second half of the season when he sat in 4 straight games. He didn't become a regular until his 3rd year.
Asante Samuel was injured during that stretch. Don't you remember the Rams game where he was injured early in the game and Troy Brown replaced him at cornerback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes