PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Brady folds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite, Bob chairs the broadcast committee. He negotiates the TV deal. That represents a big chunk of change that NFL teams all share equally. He has the expertise in this area. If the deal stinks, the league get less money. If the league receives less money, each team receives less money. Seeing that the Pats typically shy away from big bonus/guaranteed money ype deals, that means even less. With that said, the other 31 suffer as well.

I believe the Pats would spend less if the tv deal went down. My theory..:)

Huh?
If the TV revenue went down, the cap would go down and all teams would spend less.

Now the fact that Kraft is doing that job now doesn't mean it would be done worse if someone else did it.
Finally, please correct me if I misunderstand, but you are saying

Kraft was right to accept losing a 1 and 4 without appealing because if he excersized his right within the owners agreement to appeal, just as Jones, Snyder and Spanos have recently done, that would make him a pariah in the league, and the league would remove him from a committee that he works on which makes them more money and then when there is less money the Patriots are hurt because he is so cheap he would be the only one to spend less?
Wow.

I'm really hoping that Goodell's ego gets in the way of Brady's appeal. The smart thing for Goodell to do is to hear the appeal, realize once and for all he has no basis for levying any type of penalty against Brady, and rescind the penalty. But that requires swallowing one's pride. So then Brady and his legal team will get to bring this to an outside court (and to a neutral judge/arbiter) and expose the corrupt, stinking morass that encompasses the League Office and subject them to humiliation for a failed, trumped up, bogus charge and lie-filled investigation. At this point, the other owners will have to do their best to convince Goodell to rescind the penalty or there will be a lot of embarrassment to the NFL. As a lot of you have correctly pointed out, this is probably why the ridiculous penalty was meted out to the Patriots team, so they could salvage something out of their multi-million dollar boondoggle of a farce investigation. But even if the courts do shred the NFL over their bogus report and unethical behavior towards the Patriots team, the language of the CBA of all rulings against a team being final, then the league doesn't have to take back their BS penalties.

I soooo want this to go to court. I want the Wells report eviscerated publicly. I want the leaks exposed publicly. I want Goodell, Blandino, Kensil, Vincent and all the rest who lied exposed as liars right out in the open. I want the court to give Brady (and the Patriots) that apology they have coming.

Prime time game slots. CBS Scene, etc.
CBS put a bar in that makes tons of money because of what committee Kraft is on? Come on. How is that a benefit to the team, by the way?
Prime time games are not a benefit either, and are based upon quality of team not committee membership.
It could easily be argued that the Patriots get less than their share of prime time games compared to their level of success. Look at the Jets and Broncos.

The NFL office hates the Pats. We know that. The bias is ridiculous. I think their issue is with BB- not Bob.

If Bob put the target on his back and pissed off the rest of the owners, the Pats lose with them as well.
They treat us unfairly so we should accept unfair treatment and ask for more?

I bet the bullies in your neighborhood loved you.

Most folks here would follow their attack on Kraft with an attack on Brady.

Hopefully, these folks are gone in a couple of months in any case.
Because God forbid the Patriots have fans who expect their owner to care that his team is labelled cheaters.

They treat us unfairly so we should accept unfair treatment and ask for more?

I bet the bullies in your neighborhood loved you.
Who is asking for more? We are talking about a $10b trade org and Bob looking after the best interests of a $260m a year business with has a valuation of $2b.

Bullying and this situation have noting to do with one another. Its more apropoe to having leverage and managing business risk.

Who is asking for more? We are talking about a $10b trade org and Bob looking after the best interests of a $260m a year business with has a valuation of $2b.

Bullying and this situation have noting to do with one another. Its more apropoe to having leverage and managing business risk.

Exactly, this is about money. Fans are passionate, owners are shrewd. It is okay to dislike the owner for pretending that they too care about the same things fans care about. The truth is that the owners care about the bottom line first and foremost.

That is fine, but when they pretend that they are just like "Joe everybody Fan" and then caught in that lie, we the fans have a right to be upset with it.

CBS put a bar in that makes tons of money because of what committee Kraft is on? Come on. How is that a benefit to the team, by the way?
Prime time games are not a benefit either, and are based upon quality of team not committee membership.
It could easily be argued that the Patriots get less than their share of prime time games compared to their level of success. Look at the Jets and Broncos.
His position on the broadcast comittee helped him foster the direct business relationship with CBS.

Pats had a ton of prime time and favorable slot games last year. We'll see what happens in 2015.

His position on the broadcast comittee helped him foster the direct business relationship with CBS.

Pats had a ton of prime time and favorable slot games last year. We'll see what happens in 2015.

I am shocked that a team that went to 4 AFC Championship games in a row had tons of prime time match-ups, you never really see that happen.

So, what if next we are accused of paying off the refs and they take away 3 years of draft picks and suspend BB for life. He shouldn't appeal that either?

It is simply ludicrous to think that Kraft would have suffered any damage by appealing. Its just something you made up. Jones, Snyder and Spanos all appealed where is their ostracizing?

Huh?
If the TV revenue went down, the cap would go down and all teams would spend less.

Now the fact that Kraft is doing that job now doesn't mean it would be done worse if someone else did it.
Finally, please correct me if I misunderstand, but you are saying

Kraft was right to accept losing a 1 and 4 without appealing because if he excersized his right within the owners agreement to appeal, just as Jones, Snyder and Spanos have recently done, that would make him a pariah in the league, and the league would remove him from a committee that he works on which makes them more money and then when there is less money the Patriots are hurt because he is so cheap he would be the only one to spend less?
Wow.

A fractured ownership weakens the leagues position in negotiations.

Did he sell out? Yes. But its very clear that the reason he did so was to Maintain his personal financial strength as well as the leagues which on turn (in theory) helps the Pats.

The appeal would have been a waste of time. Nothing was going to change. Bob wanted it over.

Did he sell out? Yes. But its very clear that the reason he did so was to Maintain his personal financial strength as well as the leagues which on turn (in theory) helps the Pats.

The appeal would have been a waste of time. Nothing was going to change. Bob wanted it over.

That's fine and I can be very displeased with him over it. Just because I understand his reasons doesn't mean I have to respect him for them.

The clear consequences of his actions was the alienation of "his" fanbase.

First of all you don't know that. Secondly, every owner in the AFC has that, and thirdly how in the world does renting space from Kraft to build a bar help the New England Patriots, and how would they be hurt by someone else renting that space instread?

They had, at best, their share. What is a 'favorable time slot game'?

I am shocked that a team that went to 4 AFC Championship games in a row had tons of prime time match-ups, you never really see that happen.
Nice sarcasim. That's part of it for sure but IMO not the entire reason.

My opinion is that aliens flew from Kraft's butt and lobbied the league for more prime time games...both your opinion and mine are equally weighted.

So the answer is to rape and pillage one owner and team and force him to take it like a man, with no benefit to the league, and thenforce him to take it is the way you prevent fractured ownership? How about you just treat everyone fairly. You seriously are trying to say that Kraft would be wrong to not allow his team to get screwed because other teams enjoy screwing him? Please stop me here and explain how unjustly punishing the Patriots is good for the league.

Why would you want to part of a group of 32 when 31 tell you that the best thing for them is for you to get screwed when their is nothing for them to gain by it?

You are making that up. You don't know. Goldberg wrote a compelling argument that was the first salvo. Goodell came right out and said he looked forward to Brady adding informaiton, giving clarity and showing where the Wells report got it wrong. He wants Brady to do it, but Kraft would have been Charlie Manson if he did?
Your entire argument fails because you are defending something indefensible (in the way you are defending it)
If your argument was that Kraft determined that the success of the Patriots, their legacy,and the claim that they are honest and worthy champions meant less to Kraft than making sure the league keeps making more and more money so he can line his pockets then you have the starting point of what could be a convincing argument.
The only part about best for Patriots is with respect to the bottom line.

Patriots had 5
Giants had 5 after a losing season
Dallas had 5 after a 8-8- season
Pitt had 5 after an 8-8 season
The Bears had 5 after an 8-8 season

Those are just the ones I checked.
5 is not a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
To me receiving the two largest Penalties in League history and being branded as cheaters is a sign of the ultimate RESPECT our enemies have for us. It says to me that all the LOSERS out their are saying in their hearts we can't beat your team on the field because of all those cameras, the eye witnesses and those pesky rules.
So we will attempt to beat you in the court of public opinion were talent, strategy and will to win have no bearing.
The court of public opinion is all about, lies, liars and wannabes who could not hold TB12s jock. It plays to a mob mentality which is stirred by blind emotion, noise and hysteria.
I am firmly convinced that sooner or later the TRUTH will emerge from the blind emotional smoke generated to obscure it. Emotion requires a constant input of new energy and because of this it is impossible to maintain long term. As the smoke settles what will emerge is the TRUTH and the TRUTH will vindicate TB12. YE HAW GO Pats
We have very different ideas of respect.

My opinion is that aliens flew from Kraft's butt and lobbied the league for more prime time games...both your opinion and mine are equally weighted.
That's a very silly juxtaposition of the issue to attempt to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes