PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Bill Belichick coached the Giants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Would they be like the Patriots?

These loud-mouthed, arrogant Giants are AT IT AGAIN!

GIANTS WON’T BE BEATEN THIS TIME By STEVE SERBY
November 9, 2007 -- NO MATTER where you are sitting Sunday, you will be able to hear the thunderclap of shoulder pads between two rivals who relish imposing their will on the other team. It will be as if Randy White and Lawrence Taylor were meeting headfirst at midfield after a running start. “I would expect, if you're not, you'll be able to see some trainers coming out, I think from both sides," Antonio Pierce said yesterday. “I think they understand at the same time what this game means to them. The winner of this game's in first place."
“No matter what the record is, no matter what the situation is, whether it's here or whether it's in Dallas, it's always a four-quarter fistfight," David Diehl said. “That's the way that you have to approach this game, is get your mind and your body physically prepared and mentally prepared because it's gonna be . . . it's gonna be the last man standing."
“Someone will get hit every play," Brandon Jacobs said.
Cowboys-Giants is the NFC equivalent to the Patriots-Colts, the NFC Game of the Year, and in my humble opinion the Cowboys are better than the Giants.
Just not this Sunday.
Here's why the Giants win:
I - DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS: I'm betting that explosive Osi Umenyiora has a better day against mountainous Flozell Adams than DeMarcus Ware has against Diehl, in no small part because the Cowboys will have to help Marc Colombo with Michael Strahan, and that still leaves Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka frothing for sacks.
“Now I'm extremely comfortable. I'm playing with confidence," Diehl said.
So is a defense that had no clue what rookie defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo was diagramming in September. Just look at the lack of impact from Umenyiora in the opener.
“I was very disappointed; I got hurt after like four plays," Umenyiora said of his Week 1 outing. “My son had just been born. I thought I was gonna welcome him into the world with a bang, but I wasn't able to do that."
How critical is it for you to welcome the Cowboys in with a bang?
“We gotta win," he said. “It's that simple, man. That's it. We gotta win."
II - GIANTS STADIUM: Tom Coughlin implored his 12th man yesterday.
“Our players need to know that our crowd is in the game with us," he said.
Their crowd needs reasons to get behind their red-jersey gladiators. Romo silenced the 12th man a year ago.
“It's a great advantage," Pierce said. “'Cause I expect our crowd to be louder than Seattle's. I expect this to be the wildest, red sea of Big Blue Giant fans that they've ever seen before."
Sam Madison is hoping for the kind of deafening noise that will cost Romo for a couple of delay-of-game penalties.
III - PLAXICO AND JEREMY: Plaxico Burress believes in his heart he is better than Terrell Owens, and this is the perfect stage for him to prove it. He's looking to take his game to another level, and eventually to the Pro Bowl. As for Jeremy Shockey, it would help Eli Manning immensely if he was allowed to be the kind of threat over the middle that Jason Witten has become for Romo. Witten gobbling up yards after the catch after his helmet flew off the other night was positively Shockeyesque.
“I'm not jealous at all," Shockey said.
Sorry, I'm not buying it.
IV - HEALTH: The Giants barely had injury-wracked Brandon Jacobs, Umenyiora and Sam Madison in the first game. Strahan, off all summer, was rusty. The Giants are rested and ready following the bye week.
“We didn't have a lot of guys. we had a rookie cornerback [Aaron Ross] playing his first game," Pierce said. “But you know what? It's the NFL, and injuries and things happen . . . but all I know is we got those guys on Sunday." Another 100-yard game from Jacobs keeps Marion Barber, aka Marion The Barbarian, off the field.
“He's the hardest-running running back in the league besides Ronnie Brown," Pierce said of Barber.
V - PRIDE OF THE GIANTS: It has taken 3½ years, but Coughlin may finally have restored Giant pride.
“You bust your butt not to let the other 52 down," Chris Snee said.
“You watch this team, I think you watch 11 guys at a time play with their heart," Pierce said.
Giants 27, Cowboys 24.
[email protected]

Last edited:
He sort of already did so I'd expect the same results as a head coach as he had as a defensive co-ordinator. Super Bowls and more defensive plans in the Hall of Fame. ;)

If BB coached the Giants he'd lose the SB with a wide right kick

If BB coached the Giants the Jets would find themselves locked out of Giants stadium.

And THIS would be so...

Last edited:
the giants play in the NFC. they are like the minor leagues. they don't ahve the right to be arrogant

Just for information sake, Serby's in column on monday he wrote, like it or not after Pats comeback they must be referred to as the "Greatriots" not bad from a guy who didn't even pick them to win

May not have much to do with the game but worth a read from the archives thus a bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back