PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What I want to see this Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Normally I would say a win and that's all.

But after the Browns game I'm looking for something else this Sunday. I'm looking for the team to be sharp, play with intensity, not make stupid mistakes, and protect the ball.

I think that the Browns game was just one of those games that teams have once in a while. It was one of those games that started off bad and just snowballed out of control.

That is what I thought during the game and that's what I think now. But if they come out the same way 2 games in a row then it's more than that and then I'll be very concerned.

A win against the Steelers would be great. but as long as they are sharp and execute well, a close loss would be disappointing but not that bad going into the home game against the Colts.

Agree? Disagree?

I want to see a win.

If it is a close win or a blow out...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If the game goes into overtime or is decided during regular time...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If the defense struggles, but the offense makes up for it...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If the offense struggles, but the defense makes up for it...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If both the offense and defense struggles, but special teams make up for both squads...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If we score no touch downs...but score enough field goals to win...I don't care as long as we win.

I want to see a win.

Agree.

However,

I am a little concerned by Bruschi's comment about the Brown's defense disguising its coverages prior to the snap and not showing its hand as most teams do when Brady uses a false snap during his cadence. Not sure if this is something else other teams will pick up on or how the Pats will counter it.

Agree.

However,

I am a little concerned by Bruschi's comment about the Brown's defense disguising its coverages prior to the snap and not showing its hand as most teams do when Brady uses a false snap during his cadence. Not sure if this is something else other teams will pick up on or how the Pats will counter it.

no huddle and quick snaps :confused:

no huddle and quick snaps :confused:

maybe changing formations at the line of scrimmage and putting men in motion can help sniff out the d a little too.

I want to see a win.

If it is a close win or a blow out...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If the game goes into overtime or is decided during regular time...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If the defense struggles, but the offense makes up for it...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If the offense struggles, but the defense makes up for it...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If both the offense and defense struggles, but special teams make up for both squads...I don't care as long as it is a win.

If we score no touch downs...but score enough field goals to win...I don't care as long as we win.

I want to see a win.

Let me get this straight...am I reading you right.....

You want to see Pats win?:bricks:

I just don't want to see another fustercluck like last week......A win would be a bonus...a close game would be reassuring that they can beat the Colts at home.

Given the thread title and the poster I expected something like topless cheerleaders to be the answer. Oh well.

Normally I would say a win and that's all.

But after the Browns game I'm looking for something else this Sunday. I'm looking for the team to be sharp, play with intensity, not make stupid mistakes, and protect the ball.

I think that the Browns game was just one of those games that teams have once in a while. It was one of those games that started off bad and just snowballed out of control.

That is what I thought during the game and that's what I think now. But if they come out the same way 2 games in a row then it's more than that and then I'll be very concerned.

A win against the Steelers would be great. but as long as they are sharp and execute well, a close loss would be disappointing but not that bad going into the home game against the Colts.

Agree? Disagree?

I think its either a win or a loss.
Trite as that sounds, I think we fans spend way too much time and effort trying to find meaning in one game that will determine future games. I don't think that the Cleveland game will have any impact on the rest of the games aside from the chance that this week the team will be more focussed in practice because they were unahppily surprised to find out they werent as prepared as they thought they were last week,. and their pride is wounded.
I have absolutely no concern that this team is disinterested, which is the implication I get from your post. Not that they are, but if they are not sharp this week, you fear they are.

To me its black and white, a win or loss. Beyond that, its a matter of injuries and individual improvement due to experience.

Well personally I want to see the D stopping the run again more than anythng else. Its hugely important given the teams they have to face over the next four games. If McCourty can have a real good game then on top of that I'll be satisfied.

On offense I want to see Gronk getting a couple of pases go his way and no drops from him and I want to see Tate offer something too.

But most of all I want to see the Offensive line doing their job and giving Brady time plenty of time to hit his targets.

What I want to see is an injury free game more concerning to me than a win or loss

I don't want it to happen but I would take an injury free loss to the steelers anytime over a win that includes injuries to key players which would affect the rest of the season..

We are another key player injury or two away from this team getting in serious trouble.

I think its either a win or a loss.
Trite as that sounds, I think we fans spend way too much time and effort trying to find meaning in one game that will determine future games. I don't think that the Cleveland game will have any impact on the rest of the games aside from the chance that this week the team will be more focussed in practice because they were unahppily surprised to find out they werent as prepared as they thought they were last week,. and their pride is wounded.
I have absolutely no concern that this team is disinterested, which is the implication I get from your post. Not that they are, but if they are not sharp this week, you fear they are.

To me its black and white, a win or loss. Beyond that, its a matter of injuries and individual improvement due to experience.

You misunderstand. I don't think that they are or were disinterested.

They just were not executing in all three phases. I think/hope it was a one game thing that happens to a team every once in a while. but if it happens 2 or 3 games in a row, then there is a problem.

So again, regardless of the outcome of the Steelers game I want to see the Patriots be sharp in their execution. Now some will say that if they are sharp in their execution they will win. I hope that is the case but it's not always the case.

A couple of things that I would like to see...

1. First play - Tate and Edelman in the game, Tate lined up in the slot, Branch at split-end, Edelman at flanker, and Welker in the other slot. Brady hands off to Branch crossing behind the LoS who hands it to Edelman on what appears to be a reverse. Edelman stops and throws it deep to Tate who is open after running a go-route. Touchdown. (a guy can hope that we'll actually use Edelman on one of these plays at some point, can't he?).

2. The screen game being used a good amount to nullify the Steelers edge blitz with both OLB's. Screens and quick passes, really. It's why Brady's been so effective against Pittsburgh's ultra-aggressive defense in the past, and it should be effective again if executed properly this Sunday.

3. Physicality on defense. I want to see it right away. We're probably going to have to leave a safety back to deal with Wallace anyway, so I want to see a punishing hit on one of their underneath receivers right off the bat if Wallace isn't going deep. Meriweather taking someone's head off will set the tone for the defense for the rest of the game. Let's be more physical than Pittsburgh.

4. WRAP UP BIG BEN!! If/when the defense gets Roethlisberger in the grasp, don't dry to arm tackle him. Treat him as a power running back: wrap his ass up and bring him to the ground. Roethlisberger is at his most dangerous when he's able to scramble around the pocket and buy his receivers time to ad-lib and make plays. Don't let him do it.

5. Topless cheerleaders.

A couple of things that I would like to see...

1. First play - Tate and Edelman in the game, Tate lined up in the slot, Branch at split-end, Edelman at flanker, and Welker in the other slot. Brady hands off to Branch crossing behind the LoS who hands it to Edelman on what appears to be a reverse. Edelman stops and throws it deep to Tate who is open after running a go-route. Touchdown. (a guy can hope that we'll actually use Edelman on one of these plays at some point, can't he?).

2. The screen game being used a good amount to nullify the Steelers edge blitz with both OLB's. Screens and quick passes, really. It's why Brady's been so effective against Pittsburgh's ultra-aggressive defense in the past, and it should be effective again if executed properly this Sunday.

3. Physicality on defense. I want to see it right away. We're probably going to have to leave a safety back to deal with Wallace anyway, so I want to see a punishing hit on one of their underneath receivers right off the bat if Wallace isn't going deep. Meriweather taking someone's head off will set the tone for the defense for the rest of the game. Let's be more physical than Pittsburgh.

4. WRAP UP BIG BEN!! If/when the defense gets Roethlisberger in the grasp, don't dry to arm tackle him. Treat him as a power running back: wrap his ass up and bring him to the ground. Roethlisberger is at his most dangerous when he's able to scramble around the pocket and buy his receivers time to ad-lib and make plays. Don't let him do it.

5. Topless cheerleaders.

Breaking news: the Steelers do not have cheerleaders. And, we should all be grateful for that!:p

Breaking news: the Steelers do not have cheerleaders. And, we should all be grateful for that!:p

I don't know man. She's losing some weight...

fat-steelers-fan-600x347.jpg

fat-steelers-fan-after-600x450.jpg

If she loses 200 more pounds, she might be pretty decent. :confused:

Not true...this was Steelers Cheerleader of the year in 2006

NewSteelersCheerleaders1.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, if we're going to make our eyes bleed let's get it over with and put it all together in one picture.

steelersfricks.jpg

Thanks for hijacking this thread with morbidly obese chicks. Can you guys please post some hot New England chicks to get that crap out of my head.

Moving on to football ... I want to see a royal Steelers ass-whipping. My boss is a Steelers fan and he's been giving me crap all week (mostly Cleveland-related).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots