Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I expect to see the Pats play a very physical game, and by that create big plays. Big plays on offense and defense. I can see half a dozen 20+ yard plays on offense.
I think the D will allow some plays, but make big plays with pressure, sacks and turnovers (including 3rd down stops in the passing game due to pressure and throw aways). A good offense willmake plays, but today, our defense will counter with big plays of its own.
I wouldn't be shocked to see a big play in the return game today.

We are used to seeing the Pats grind out wins by sticking to a generally conservative approach that results in making key plays much more often than any other team. Today, I think we will be a big play team, simply because the matchup, and our talent dictates it.

I expect a win.

I think people are really overrating the state of the Bengals. Their victory last week was based on a bunch of flukey plays and their offense looked absolutely anemic at times. If we can stop Johnson as the Steelers did, Carson Palmer is still not at true form and the OLine looks like a sieve.

In Cincy, if the Bengals make mistakes and tunrn the ball over, it's known as stepping on their own Johnsons.

BradyManny2344 said:
I think people are really overrating the state of the Bengals. Their victory last week was based on a bunch of flukey plays and their offense looked absolutely anemic at times. If we can stop Johnson as the Steelers did, Carson Palmer is still not at true form and the OLine looks like a sieve.
although the bengals did win by some fluke plays ..rememeber a LOT of pats wins in the last 4 yrs can be called like that ,but good teams take advantage of opportunities and win and cincy is a good team so its not easy as it looks to stop the run and palmer being not completely fit.
Also rmemeber pitt is a division rival, division teams always play tough regardless of talent, we saw that with buffalo in week 1 and above that, pitt defense is better at this time than ours..

AndyJohnson said:
I think the D will allow some plays, but make big plays with pressure, sacks and turnovers (including 3rd down stops in the passing game due to pressure and throw aways). A good offense willmake plays, but today, our defense will counter with big plays of its own.

I expect a win.

I hope you are right about our Defense on 3rd down. That is a major concern right now. From what I've heard, Pittsburg was successful blitzing against Palmer. I think it might be wise to send 5 to 6 rushers on most passing downs. We may get burned with some big plays, but we may also get some turnovers as a result. I think if Palmer has time, he'll pick us a part.

PATSNUTme said:
In Cincy, if the Bengals make mistakes and tunrn the ball over, it's known as stepping on their own Johnsons.
That always gets my attention.

I personally think that Cinci is very good.
That said, i think we'll win.
I think we will see the Pats front 7 create a lot of pressure on Palmer.
If our pass rush is'nt the key to this game, I'd like to know what is.
O.K., our ground game too.

AndyJohnson said:
I expect to see the Pats play a very physical game, and by that create big plays. Big plays on offense and defense. I can see half a dozen 20+ yard plays on offense.
I wouldn't be shocked to see a big play in the return game today.

We are used to seeing the Pats grind out wins by sticking to a generally conservative approach that results in making key plays much more often than any other team. Today, I think we will be a big play team, simply because the matchup, and our talent dictates it.

I expect a win.

Dillon, Maroney, Watson and, of course, Brady have big days on offense. On D, I expect to see Rodney picking off a pass as well as putting pressure on Palmer in many disguised blitz packages. Bruschi or Seau drop back deep into coverage often in two linemen sets, Don Davis plays a solid game without much fanfare or statistical numbers to show for it and Colvin and Vrabel each get a sack.

I'm afraid I'm not very optimistic about today. I would love to be wrong, tho. :D

This is not a MUST WIN for Cinn.
Instead they are benching C Henry to establish team discipline.
This is almost a must win for our Pats.
I expect a thrilling victory.

jct said:
This is not a MUST WIN for Cinn.
Instead they are benching C Henry to establish team discipline.
This is almost a must win for our Pats.
I expect a thrilling victory.

A MUST WIN????
Are you joking?
A must win means our season is almost over if we lose. Thats foolish.

Wow. I havent been this right in a long time

AndyJohnson said:
Wow. I havent been this right in a long time

Andy, you are right ALOT of the time. Today you were ERRIE right.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye