PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What I think makes New England great

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMoney

On the Roster
Reaction score
I think one of the things that seperates New England from alot of other teams in the NFL and why they win so much is the strength of the organisation. It is built on a solid foundation, has a clear objective and is focused on its goal.

You never hear anyone in from the Patriots (player, coach, executive) say anything negative about any team, franchise or player. All they want to talk about is there next game. One of the things your probably told when you join the organisation is never say anything about anyone or anything that is negative to the media. They completely respect everyone, and thats the way it should be done.

I use to think that the Patriots do not make negative comments because they do not want to fall to the level of organisations that do. I feel that they are so focused on each game that it does not enter there mind to make a negative comment. I am sure this is something that all Patriots have learnt.

It is this focus that makes them win so much. Having individuals like this is what causes success. Corporations pay millions of dollars trying to find individuals like this, they consider themselves lucky to have even one person like this. The Patriots have 3 individuals like this (A perfect storm took place in New England when these 3 met). Alot of teams do not even have one player like this. If everyteam in the NFL was a publicaly traded stock the patriots would be the most valuable security.

What makes New England great is Belichick. Kraft is a great owner, but even with Kraft the Pats were declining under Carroll. Belichick and his buddy Pioli are the first architects of championship-level teams built on unselfish, blue collar guys.

I totally agree with you. The the Idividuals I refer to are Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Robert Kraft. Its there complete focus on the task at hand that makes them great.

I think one of the things that seperates New England from alot of other teams in the NFL and why they win so much is the strength of the organisation. It is built on a solid foundation, has a clear objective and is focused on its goal.

You never hear anyone in from the Patriots (player, coach, executive) say anything negative about any team, franchise or player. All they want to talk about is there next game. One of the things your probably told when you join the organisation is never say anything about anyone or anything that is negative to the media. They completely respect everyone, and thats the way it should be done.

I use to think that the Patriots do not make negative comments because they do not want to fall to the level of organisations that do. I feel that they are so focused on each game that it does not enter there mind to make a negative comment. I am sure this is something that all Patriots have learnt.

It is this focus that makes them win so much. Having individuals like this is what causes success. Corporations pay millions of dollars trying to find individuals like this, they consider themselves lucky to have even one person like this. The Patriots have 3 individuals like this (A perfect storm took place in New England when these 3 met). Alot of teams do not even have one player like this. If everyteam in the NFL was a publicaly traded stock the patriots would be the most valuable security.

Excellent points! I made the comment that I think the biggest difference between the Patriots players and the rest of the players in the NFL is the level of professionalism they carry with them to each game. I believe 80-90% of the players just don't get it. Professionalism is the acceptance of one's responsibilities in their role on the team. You hear this week in & week out from Patriots players. Everyone has a role in the system and each must execute their responsibilities.

I actually had a mod comment that I was stupid and arrogant to make this statement. whatever:rolleyes:

What separates this organization also is the leadership of the players in the locker room...the sense of family, togetherness and cohesiveness they build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes