PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What have we learned this preseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was like a lot of people and very disappointed after the performance by the defense against the Rams. I guess what made it harder to watch is that nothing they did against the Saints or Falcons was unrealistic. It wasn't like this team that struggled to rush the passer last season was getting constant pressure and 10 sacks a game. They weren't getting INTs and strip sacks in the red zone to stop drives. They were simply covering well and tackling well. So to see them do so poorly in both those aspects was a let down.

However, just as others felt from the very beginning, I began to remember it's just preseason. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to blindly dismiss any poor play in the preseason while at the same time praise all that goes well. I'm just not going to get too worked up about the bad stuff so far, while also try not to look at the good and think of it as a guarantee for the season.

On that note, let's look at some of the things we can expect for 2010, based on this preseason so far:

*Aaron Rodgers will throw somewhere between 80-90 TDs passes this season
*The Colts will give up around 45 points per game
*The Patriots won't commit a single turnover
*The Cowboys will have one of the worst scoring offenses in the league
*Chris Johnson will average just over 2 ypc and finish with around 700 yards

Just something to keep in mind.

I was like a lot of people and very disappointed after the performance by the defense against the Rams. I guess what made it harder to watch is that nothing they did against the Saints or Falcons was unrealistic. It wasn't like this team that struggled to rush the passer last season was getting constant pressure and 10 sacks a game. They weren't getting INTs and strip sacks in the red zone to stop drives. They were simply covering well and tackling well. So to see them do so poorly in both those aspects was a let down.

However, just as others felt from the very beginning, I began to remember it's just preseason. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to blindly dismiss any poor play in the preseason while at the same time praise all that goes well. I'm just not going to get too worked up about the bad stuff so far, while also try not to look at the good and think of it as a guarantee for the season.

On that note, let's look at some of the things we can expect for 2010, based on this preseason so far:

*Aaron Rodgers will throw somewhere between 80-90 TDs passes this season
*The Colts will give up around 45 points per game
*The Patriots won't commit a single turnover
*The Cowboys will have one of the worst scoring offenses in the league
*Chris Johnson will average just over 2 ypc and finish with around 700 yards

Just something to keep in mind.

Also, the Green Beans will struggle at quarterback and play excellent defense ... Hmm, sort of contradicts your theory there ... ;)

And we lost to the Bengals 31-3 our season is screwed.....oh wait that was the 2004 preseason...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back