PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What has happened to getting pressure on the QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotDynasty_12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Pats can't seem to cover with 7 DB's. It's time to start going after the QB and make the QB make mistakes. If the Pats continue to give the QB all day, they will just get picked apart.

Good point...send this suggestion to BB and Dean Pees..

I'm hoping our coaches can realize this.

I am too. Rivers just sat back and performed surgery last night on this defense. Our interior is still way too old and AD looks like a one trick pony. Deltha "Toast" O'Neal needs to go as well. There is a reason why the Bengals let him walk.

Time to activate Crable and see what he can do on the pass rush. Thoughts?

Rivers wasn't touched all game. (except for his own teammates patting him on the ass)
That is ridiculous.. they have to play and scheme better than that

Time to activate Crable and see what he can do on the pass rush. Thoughts?

Completely agree. Vrabel and Bruschi should not be every down LBs at this point in their career.

The Pats can't seem to cover with 7 DB's. It's time to start going after the QB and make the QB make mistakes. If the Pats continue to give the QB all day, they will just get picked apart.

I agree with most of football geniuses here that the only thing wrong with the defense is OBVIOUSLY Matt Cassel. :rolleyes:
if O'Connell was in there the Patriots would have shut out out the Chargers
28-0!!!!!
:p

Vrabel and Bruschi should not be every down LBs at this point in their career.
And of course..to make a comment like that you BELIEVE that they have been used that way this year...please..

Gee, I remember someone having a hissyfit after the draft that the Pats, had worsen their defense and did absolutely nothing to improve therea pass rush!!

Two drafts in a row, which appear to be complete busts!!! That is the problem, I know that noone believes me on this, but Thomas bleongs in the MIDDLE with Mayo. The Pats could live with Vrabel on the strong side, but have NOTHING for the weakside rush!

Rivers was absolutely untouched last night! If Wheatley and/or Whilite can't play any better than Deltha O'Neil then they should just cut the two of them now!

I hate to say it, but unless Crable has an order of Lawrence Taylor groth hormone hidden someplace, there is no answer on this team for this FATAL FLAW!!

The sad thing is that this team is STILL GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, there schedule is that weak, so after our first rd loss, they will be left with pick @25, that they can blow on something else they don't need.

BTW our 5th and 7th rd choice from last year (Slater), is still looking for his spleen, if anyone has seen it.

And of course..to make a comment like that you BELIEVE that they have been used that way this year...please..

No. I actually shouldn't have said EVERY DOWN. I should have said that they are in for more downs then they should be at this point. Or are you going to tell me now that the defense looks quick and agile and rocks the ball carrier a split second after he gets the ball in his hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down