PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happens to Adalius Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Do we keep him, release him. Can we get anything for him in a trade?
Will he give 100% effort. If we grab another LB I'm sure he's gone.
What do you think?
thanks

Re: What happens to Adalius Thomas ?

Hopefully he becomes a throw-in in a pick trade.

Belichick just announced that Thomas will be starting for the Patriots game one.

I kid.

Him and our 4th to St louis for the first pick in the 4th I would do it.

Last edited:

He won't be playing fro the patriots.

Hopefully. If not, maybe they hold onto him until a team loses a LB in training camp/preseason and they (the other team) get desperate. He comes with a high price tag, unfortunately.

I got it.
Carolina needs a LB to replace Peppers. Lets trade him to them :)

Him and our 4th to St louis for the first pick in the 4th I would do it.

We'd never get that deal.

Come to think of it -- maybe we can trade him to the Raiders for a possibly useful player. Any names come to mind?

Come to think of it -- maybe we can trade him to the Raiders for a possibly useful player. Any names come to mind?

Darren McFadden.

I think there is a better than 50/50 shot that Adalius will stick with the Pats and have a monster season under whiz coordinator Bill Belichick as the swiss army knife of the defense.

I don't think Dean Pees was a very good coordinator. He screwed around with Meriweather (and Adalius too when he got here), never really developed any young players (especially the corners, and I think Mayo self-developed himself), and I don't think Pees used his players very well either. Jarvis fell off the radar under Pees, and a few others too.

Last edited:

I got it.
Carolina needs a LB to replace Peppers. Lets trade him to them :)

I think they are temporarily losing the Patriots' number to prevent any more muggings

Trade him to someone for a 6th round draft pick so they can use that to move up in the 4th round...

we weren't getting higher then a 4th rounder for him, so if anything happens it would be tomorrow. As the roster stands, we need him on the team, locker room cancer aside.

Adalius was asked to play a lot of inside linebacker when he got here, not his natural position.

By taking Spikes to pair with Mayo and McKenzie, Adalius can now use the full range of his talents by sliding back to outside linebacker, and now with Belichick as coordinator.

I don't think that just because he was frustrated last year, that it means he's done talent-wise or production-wise. Belichick has taken malcontents from other teams and made them productive here (Dillon, Moss), maybe he can do the same for a guy within his own organization now that the coordinator is gone.

I think there is a better than 50/50 shot that Adalius will stick with the Pats and have a monster season under whiz coordinator Bill Belichick as the swiss army knife of the defense.

I don't think Dean Pees was a very good coordinator. He screwed around with Meriweather (and Adalius too when he got here), never really developed any young players (especially the corners, and I think Mayo self-developed himself), and I don't think Pees used his players very well either. Jarvis fell off the radar under Pees, and a few others too.

I think that's way overstated.

I do think that if the Pats keep Thomas he'll basically shut up and solider. However, I don't think they'll keep him, or that they'll get more than JAG performance out if him if they do.

He's due 4.5M or something like that.

No way they keep him for that much money.

He sucks anyway, he was probably never that good in the first place, unfortunately.

I think BB learned a hard lesson from this and is reluctant to sign high priced FAs because of it.

Plus he's a malcontent cancer.

Yeah one guy i think his name is seymour but i'm not sure.

AD is NOT coming back. Get over it. We have a locker room full of rookies and first-year kids and we're going to risk exposing them to a divisive locker room?

Football isn't all about the X's and O's.

AD is NOT coming back. Get over it. We have a locker room full of rookies and first-year kids and we're going to risk exposing them to a divisive locker room?
Yep, as long as he's not in the locker room corrupting our youth, I don't give a crap what happens to him. Just go away, Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down