PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happens this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What do you think the games will be like this weekend? Will they be better, worse, or about the same. I think it will be worse and bye a lot. Coaches now know that they can intimidate these referees. They are going to be in their ear all game trying to influence calls and the scabs will wilt and give in to the loudest screamer. But worse than that is that the fans now know that these officials can be intimidated. Once the calls of Bull$#!t start, the referees will hear and it will call more in favor of the home team. What I'm concerned about is someone getting so ticked off that they start throwing stuff on the field. It will be interesting to see how the fans act this weekend.

I also think that the scabs will be even more indecisive this weekend. They know everyone will be watching them. I think we will see more huddling up, more camera reviews and just a fiasco in every game.

The worse things get, the faster it'll be fixed. You're right, the coaches, players and fans intimidate the refs into making call in their favor. If you don't do that then you are giving the opponent the advantage.

As if this hasn't been bad enough, a serious player injury (Heyward-Bey?) or fan riots would be blamed on replacement refs but that might be what it takes to get the league office to take action.

If the last two games of week 3 don't make a difference, then I'm convinced that the only thing that will is a ref-bribing scandal being brought to light.

I think had the micro scope not been so big on them from the get go and/or had there been less mistakes or even just better overall control that given some time they probably would have improved and it would have been a non-story.

But given how bad it got and how quick it got there I dont see how it doesnt get worse. Players will be trying more and more as will the coaches. And I dont know how the refs can real it in as the more flags they throw the worse they look and the more chance for mistakes.

The home team will continue to get BS calls because the scabs are too scared to call against the home team, as has been the case most of the season. Fans of some teams will be outraged at the flat out robbery they will have to put up with due to the incompetence of the idiots in Foot Locker unis.

Like Big-T said, the home teams will get the critical calls even though the stats may show penalties to be even.

It's no different than when we were in elementary and junior high school, and there was a substitute teacher. Once the class figured out what they could get away with they kept on pushing the limit more and more and more.

Last edited:
Like Big-T said, the home teams will get the critical calls even though the stats may show penalties to be even.

It's no different than when we were in elementary and junior high school, and there was a substitute teacher. Once the class figured out what they could get away with they kept on the limit more and more and more.

This is exactly what it is...Substitute Teacher Syndrome....the only solution, as anyone alive for more than 4 years knows, is to get the regular teacher back in the classroom. Principal Goodell refuses to do this for one "reason" or another...pretty soon, instead of maestros of pigskin and doctors of the grid iron, what we'll see from the NFL classroom is a bunch of off off Broadway productions of West Side Story...gang fights for green paper....oh wait...this show is already playing.....Dec 21st can't get here fast enough...

it's only going to get worse

The same thing that happens every weekend...

Pinky_brain.jpg

At this point the bad ref'ing is simply part of the game. It has to be accounted for and played like any other variable. I expect after getting burned by the calls already, BB won't come unprepared for the next round.

I cant be sure what will happen as there's no way to find out who the ref's are putting their money on.

the refs have gotten worse each week...i dont see that changing.

i expect more games to be flooded with terrible officiating...and for the primetime games to be jokes.

You want to win with these referees?

You better have a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter,because no lead is safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes