Welcome to PatsFans.com

What happened with that summer imminent threat warning?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Oct 19, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Remember all the dire warnings issued to America that we should all expect an attack this summer, and that AQ was primed to strike in weeks? You know, the latest in a long line of goofy threat assessments? Chertoff's "gut feeling" and all that?

Curious, what was Rove trying to deflect from this time by playing the fear card on his way out the door? Waxman's hearings? Democratic debates? Boy King's request to waste more money in Iraq?

The heat was really getting turned up on the Bush League, and like clockwork, they Wagged the Dog about some "imminent threat"...

Go write your book and manage the Bush Library, Mr. Rove... Just go away... No one's buying your crap any more...

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i understand...

i guess no one will ever know the answer to precisely what that dramatic summer terror threat warning was about...

reminds me of pre-Nov. 2004 ...

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Bush prevented the attack but they can't tell you how they did it, because the Muslims are going to keep trying and the "Bush Plan" will keep stopping them.
    :bricks:

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +455 / 12 / -14

If you don't warn about a planned attack, when we are hit you get ripped, investigations accusations of cover ups ect. IF you prevent the attack..well you can't really prove it was going to happen.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't with the haters.

Perhaps the guys who were busted in Europe (with the help of the type of surveillance lefties whine about) caused an operation to be called off. We'll probably never know.

The fact is that since 9-11 no attacks on American soil. This is something not many would have predicted. Enjoy it while you can. When the dems are in charge we will be hit again and again. But we won't violate the rights of the terrorists :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Pant Suit Hillary, Pretty Boy Edwards and Dick Cheney's little Nephew Obama don't seem to concerned about the Muslims, they had a big debate about "Homosexuality" :rocker:

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

... the embodiment of Bush League spin in its purest form...

rife with lots of 'Patriotic' suggestions about what "we'll probably never know"... and brought to us by a trumpet for the crowd who's been wrong at seemingly every turn in this disaster...

nothing happened this summer... nothing happened in the second half of '04 when the terror color kept bobbing to orange and red every other week... nothing specific was ever released about the threat besides "a gut feeling"...

and yet people like you want to chirp the 'damn right, and you're safe because of wire tapping' bit of rationale... as if no one should ever dare question the sincerity and motives of this administration...

as to your last paragraph... why would Islamic fanatics need to hit us here when we've created an easy and inexpensive war canvass right in their back yard? ... replete with young GIs, expensive infrastructure repair work, and the world's scrutiny each and every day...

newsflash, PF13: they hit "American soil" every day when AQI blew up a sewage plant, IEDed a convoy, snipered a sentinel... and we lured them there... we said to AQ, "wanna step outside?" ... and outside happened to be Iraq... and AQ gladly followed...

when do you people stop jutting out your chest as far as you can and just exhale and admit you were wrong? your heroes in office haven't made us safer... they've made us far, far more loathed, and far deeper in peril on the world stage... and the American tax payer, and the American military is suffering for it...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +570 / 22 / -19

While that of course is good news, it just goes to show how weak Al Qaeda really was. The fact that they couldn't even stage another attack in the days after 9/11 I think shows they were once a ragtag group. Of course, they're not so ragtag anymore, having killed close to 4,000 troops and causing the death of many more Iraqi and Afghani civilians. We turned them into a monster, and you are right, they are still a danger, but it doesn't matter who's in charge, as they proved on 9/11 (or do you think they didn't stage the attack under Clinton because he was tougher than Bush?).

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

When you warn someone and nothing happens, they say it's BS. When you don't warn someone, and something does happen, they say it's a conspiracy dammit! When you don't have an attack on your soil, people say it's cuz the terrorists were weak. When you have an attack, they say you've failed and aren't doing enough.

Where you fall in here would depend on who's in office at the time, and what you're political persuasion is.

Patters, just one question, if we haven't been attacked because AQ is so weak, then how can you simutaniously say that they're not ragtag, and a monster?

Where you fall in here would depend on who's in office at the time, and what you're political persuasion is.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is faulty reasoning. Essentially Patters wants us to believe that they were weak when they staged the biggest terrorist attack of all time, but they're strong now even though they're unable to strike again.

Don't you ever read your own posts..? How can you not see the nonsensical reasoning in your own words.

They probably expected Bush to respond in the same, lame-ass manner Clinton did... you know... bomb the USS Cole, get a few Tomahawks lobbed at you, then proceed with life as normal.

10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

It was a scare tactic to keep the this A.D.D society in line. Since the attention span of the general public lasts until the latest news cycle about Britany, k-fed, and Lindnsy Lohan its been forgotten about. So they have to be reminded every few months.

imminent threat ,what imminent threat

11. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Soldiers dying in Iraq is awful, but isn't what you point out exactly what we wanted? To fight AQ with our military in a foreign land rather than have them coming here to attack civilians?

The other thing is are you disinclined to believe any terror threat warning? If Obama won in '08 and issued warnings without anything happening (and thank goodness nothing did happen by the way) would you think the Obama administration was trying to deflect attention from other issues? What should the administration do do you think? Get rid of the system and not let the public know? As others have said what happens if we are attacked again, the gov't knew, and didn't warn anyone? There would be outrage. They also release the warnings to ask people to be more watchful of suspicious activity during these times, the hope being that someone sees something and reports it, potentially foiling a plot.

12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +779 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Imminent threat. Not imminent for sure attack. Liberals are so pathetic, if we're told of a threat and nothing happens they criticize. If we aren't told of a threat and something happens they criticize. And if we are told of a threat and something happens they'll criticize then.

It's this partisan bullsh!t that makes me (literally) hate Liberals.

13. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Bf I'm not a liberal. i.e. Did you read Qui Gons post about illegals and violance today. Find it and read what I wrote. It sounds extream RT wing.I'm sure all the liberals were saying to themselves "well we know what camp FLEX is in" I take every issue on a case by case basis. Sometimes I might sound close to being a neo-con,other times,with other issues I lean more to the LT. As far as this thread I've noticed that terror,or threat levels go up whenever Dub'ya needs a diversion. When Chertoff had a gut feeling about attacks Bush was having trouble with a number of issues Gonzalaz, wire tapping to name a couple off the top of my head. I'm not a lemming I think for my self, I don't follow party dogma. And I viewed this summers terrorist threat as more fear mongering by the administration. To be honest I had just gotten up and don't remember what my purpose for writing "imminent threat,what imminent threat"

Furthermore this aministrations attemt to rule the masses through fear is abhorant,and doesn't belong in a democracy.... But I blame the people that let themselves be taken in by this transparant charade.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +779 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Sorry, I shouldn't have quoted you - I was talking in generalities about people who choose to blame Bush either way and your quote was very usable for that :)

15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

NO PRoblem. :)

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

right back at ya...

17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

HMMM steal cage match anyone? ;)

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +779 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

LOL. PC isn't even a Patriots fan; why he posts here I'm not sure.

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

where is it stated that i'm not a Patriots fan?... when you find the post that declares such, let us know... until then, please do the forum a favor and STHU...

fact is, while they're not my favorite team, i am a Patriots supporter... and a huge Red Sox fan, and i was raised here in Mass.

besides the fact that your attempted point here is completely irrelevant and childish in the wake of your "i hate liberals" declaration, i'll let you get back to just making up stuff.... it's simply what you people do...

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Thank God for our President or we would all be Bombed To Death our guts and blood would be running down the gutters, oh praise the Jesus Lord our saviour thank you Mr President we love you

HAIL THE CHIEF GOD SAVE THE PRESIDENT
    I PLEDGE ALLENGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Boob Gore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:
    War Hero Kerry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks: