PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happened to Tunsil proves that Brady was 100% right in destroying his phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all known why the NFL was so upset over the destroyed phone. They wanted to see nudes of Giselle. o_Oo_O
Interesting tangent: considering her net worth and that her occupation is modeling, a single picture of her could be worth ridiculous amounts of money.

It's like the Beatles handing over some unreleased recordings just because a third party accused them of jaywalking across Abbey Road.

Interesting tangent: considering her net worth and that her occupation is modeling, a single picture of her could be worth ridiculous amounts of money.

I think her likeness is protected under some kind of copyright laws but not 100% sure.

It's like the Beatles handing over some unreleased recordings just because a third party accused them of jaywalking across Abbey Road.

John, Paul, George and Ringo didn't make it across the street in under 20 seconds as they were texting.

They were below 12.5 but they were in line with the results when Exponent tried to recreate the game day conditions in an experiment.

what game day conditions? they had no initial measurements

what game day conditions? they had no initial measurements

The report assumes the official's claimed measurements were correct. Obviously, we have no idea whether that is true. That is one of the problems with any "scientific" explanation of the events here and one of the reasons I have said there is no "real" or "actual" science here.

so you are insinuating Walt Anderson is a liar. IN which case, there NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ISSUE. Brady was suspended on the Wells Report assumptions. You can't have it both ways.

The report assumes the official's claimed measurements were correct. Obviously, we have no idea whether that is true. That is one of the problems with any "scientific" explanation of the events here and one of the reasons I have said there is no "real" or "actual" science here.

right, but you said this report comes no closer to exonerating Brady than implicating him.....from a semantics perspective, yes, but from an actual perspective, there nothing to exonerate him from other than a blind accusation

right, but you said this report comes no closer to exonerating Brady than implicating him.....from a semantics perspective, yes, but from an actual perspective, there nothing to exonerate him from other than a blind accusation
Sorta feels like the NFL* is taking the stance that Brady has to "prove" something didn't happen...which is basically impossible because you can only prove when something happens.

That's correct, although I don't see your point. As I said in my post, they didn't want his phone, they wanted responsive texts and emails. Tis one thing not to provide them, tis another to destroy them.

Nice twisting of the facts.. he didn't destroy his texts or emails, he destroyed a media device that could be used to read them but the texts themselves were perfectly intact and PROVIDED BY BRADY thru his phone company.

Emails are not tied to a phone, and as an IT guy i find it hilarious that you would think by destroying your phone that your emails are somehow destroyed in the process.

Why it is that the same people that once went on and on about its obvious flaws now say it is conclusive evidence of Bradys innocence is beyond me.

Because its flaws were that it was rigged against NE.

The fact that it was rigged against NE and despite that could only say physics failed to account for 0.2 PSI of the pressure drop is why it is very strong evidence that no human did anything to the balls.

No, it is not fact. The fact is that he didn't turn over texts and emails that might have contained relevant evidence. The issue of whether he was on notice that that lack of cooperation would be used against him is another question. The significance of the notice issue has been discussed in the legal papers.

Are you just trying to troll?

He turned over all his texts and email... you know, the same texts listed out in the Wells report, as well as the PERSONAL emails that were made public and articles written about him interacting with vendors for pool covers, comments about Peyton Manning, etc.. things that had NOTHING to do with the case.

letekro I think you are missing my point. What if Brady had given the NFL his phone, who is to say they wouldn't have accessed any of the other aps on his phone, his banking ap is one I would try to access, let alone pictures of his wife and kids. I know that the texts between me and some of my co-workers are funny to us, but might not be too funny to others. Manu of these aps keep the password and once you have that, you can access any of his accounts from any device anywhere in the world.

All this personal information, some of which, you don't even realize is on your phone, is the reason that Brady, smartly destroys his old phones.

I know when it comes time for me to hand in my work phone, before I turn it in, it will get wiped, accidentally fall in my pool, then my toilet, the sim card will miraculously disappear, and then get microwaved.

Spot on.. personal texts between people are meant to be private and between those people because anything can be taken out of context, especially in today's society where everyone is so eager to be offended by something someone else does or says, then flap their gums about it on social media

If he had turned over his phone, then all of his personal texts to Giselle, his parents, sisters, agent, other players, celebrities, Trump, etc would have been made public for people to interpret and scrutinize.. as well as any photos he had on the phone, his contact lists of people he communicates with as well as their personal numbers and emails, etc

People who can't grasp this concept are either trolling or lack any common sense whatsoever

Last edited:
Why have I been able to read emails about Brady's pool cover?

Or his comments about Peyton Manning being done, which the media ran with and posted articles about...

Its OBVIOUS why he didn't turn the phone over, because Goodell and his goon squad are pure scum and would have used it to humiliate him further

Wells's job was to investigate. The NFL's job was to levy a punishment. Wells clearly stated in the Report that Brady failed to turn over potentially relevant evidence--the very evidence you and I have been discussing:

We did not receive, and were therefore unable to review, all of the materials we
requested or deemed relevant. In particular, we requested electronically stored information,including emails and text messages, from several individuals who declined our request. Of note,Tom Brady was asked to provide emails and text messages in response to narrowly tailored requests pertinent to the subject of our investigation. Brady declined our request.

It is a stretch to say that Wells is saying he was "satisfied" with Brady's response here. The relevant idea here is that Brady could have turned over potentially relevant information, but didn't, and Wells made note of that in the Report. Based on this, Goodell invoked Article 46 for "lack of cooperation." Again, we are back to the legal issue of notice, which the 2nd Cir. panel did not find compelling.

haha, you'd fit right in with Wells and Goodell.. "potentially relevant information." Scum lawyers can have a field day with the semantics of that statement..

I can't remember exactly why, but he turned over some emails that related to an irrelevant period, maybe after the Colts game or way before. He didn't turn over any texts or emails from the phone in question--which was by far the most relevant-- which was active from September 2014 to March 2015.

Man you really don't know what you're talking about so you should just stop... EMAILS ARENT TIED TO A SPECIFIC ELECTRONIC DEVICE... You can access your email from any device, your PC, your tablet, your phone, your 2nd phone, your 3rd phone, your moms phone, your uncles computer..

Your lack of technical knowledge is really making you look ignorant... also, all texts are saved with the service provider and all texts that he had with McNally and Jastremski Ted Wells already had in his possession, since it takes 2 people to have a text exchange...

I know....I agree.

Why the NFLPA would give up it's 4th Amendment right to the NFL is beyond me.....

The NFL has no right to private property and a lack of evidence is not guilt.

There are zero 4th amendment rights in a private, civil proceeding. Let alone in an internal corporate hearing.
And negative inferences can be drawn from lack of evidence all the time, in both civil and criminal cases. (For example, if a defendant in a criminal case has no alibi, the factfinder can hold that against them.)

Your lack of technical knowledge is really making you look ignorant... also, all texts are saved with the service provider and all texts that he had with McNally and Jastremski Ted Wells already had in his possession, since it takes 2 people to have a text exchange...

Not just that, but as I recall, Brady offered to let the NFL have some sort of search access to the texts via the phone carrier, which would have allowed to the NFL to look at the texts they claim they wanted access to, but the NFL refused.

There are zero 4th amendment rights in a private, civil proceeding. Let alone in an internal corporate hearing.
And negative inferences can be drawn from lack of evidence all the time, in both civil and criminal cases. (For example, if a defendant in a criminal case has no alibi, the factfinder can hold that against them.)

The point is the NFLPA negotiated it away.

Understand that Wells' satisfaction, whatever that means, is irrelevant. Goodell as Art 46 arbitrator made the call that failure to provide thise texts was punishable non-cooperation. I think we agree that that this was a weak basis for a suspension.

As for the science, i find the exponent report to be of little evidentiary value. Wells thought the same. Why it is that the same people that once went on and on about its obvious flaws now say it is conclusive evidence of Bradys innocence is beyond me.

Not beyond me. Most folks (here) who have some understanding of the report get it that if it is the "best evidence of a 'crime' " that you have (see below), then clearly THERE WAS NO CRIME!!!

the wells and exponent reports :
- use a bunch of massaged numbers using different gauge than was actually used,
- ignores known scientific proven formulas for environmental conditions and the exposure-time factors (to cold wet and reheating [dolts balls]),
-and then in the guts of report the investigators actually state that Tom fully cooperated.
-but over the course of multiple lawyer-team interactions & indiv interviews investigator tells the 'criminal' that X (which they actually have no legal basis to ask for) is not required; but then only after the report is finished and punishment issued is he told (i believe by Ommish and not by investigator-Wells) that not only was X required, but it not being provided was prima facia evidence he was hiding something (regarding a crime that hasnt been proved occurred yet).

If we all had the same understanding of the timeline: that the phone accusation only even came up in the appeal phase when all the other evidence was starting to look really shaky and was clearly just another media smear by the nyjfl, just like 11/12 and 2psi. Then we would all agree that they only used the accusation to get public opinion behind the predetermined guilty verdict.

But I 'm sure go-to-hell will be proud to know their slander strategy hooked one more fish. I find it hard to believe anyone who spends the time on this board like you do can put any credence in the phone accusation.

Destroying cell phone reported coincidentally when Public Opinion was swaying towards Brady was a last ditch effort by goodell*cronies* leaking it out to BSPN so they could sway it back. BSPN played it up I remember it vividly. It was documented that TB's cell phone was not needed and that they were satisfied with texts etc. It never ceases to amaze me how gullible, naive people would buy into this BS. Of course it's just another excuse for haters, mediots to hate on us and refuse to see witch hunt that is so obvious.

The point is the NFLPA negotiated it away.
Ok. By your logic (there is no mention in the cba saying the nfl cant demand private property so therefore they can), they can ask for toms tax filings and family photo albums too ( maybe there is a photo of the dorito dinks T a bbq at toms house and we can accuse him of paying them off).

The only other Nyjfl case involving a phone (farve) the phone was the criminal tool used in crime in question (used to send little brett selfies) and he got $25k fine for not providing.

Toms phone would have been only used to talk about, not commit any such crime and was clearly either a media smear accusation OR a ploy to get spmething to search for about some new undiscovered/undetermined crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes