PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happened to the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity

On the Roster
Reaction score
Man, the Patriots used to be a true power-house, but now look at them. Their own fans are booing them at home. Its crazy.

I can't believe how many guys the Patriots have lost. Just when I thought the player losses couldn't get any worse, they lost their best receiver.

This team doesn't even resemble the team that used to strike fear into the hearts of opposing teams.

ESPN analyst John Clayton thinks the Patriots won't even make the playoffs this year. I would have to agree. How can they do anything with no wide outs?

I'm just being honest, so please don't get upset at me.

I truely hope I'm wrong and that the Patriots will salvage their season but I think its wishful thinking at this point.

Peace

Last edited:
You seem to strike a passive-aggressive non-troll stance at the end of your e-mail that I don't quite buy. For a team likely to LOSE their division title (again), and come in 3rd, it sure seems an odd air of ****y.

SteelCity said:
I truely hope I'm wrong and that the Patriots will salvage their season but I think its wishful thinking at this point.

Yes. I hope they "salvage their season," too. Give me a break.

Im upset John Clayton hates us, when did he ever like us...

SteelCity said:
Just when I thought the player losses couldn't get any worse, they lost their best receiver.

Yes. Deion Branch - NO ONE saw that coming.

Great, a Steelers troll.

Many of the pundits have missed the boat with the Pats.

The thing outsiders don't understand is how impressive last year's 10-6 record was. Any other team, with those injuries, would have finished 5-11.

All three RBs were injured at the same time. There were weeks the Pats signed a stiff off the street and started him on Sunday.

The O-line was decimated with three starters on IR.

The secondary was more than decimated, finishing the season with SIX, count 'em SIX DBs on injured reserve. Starters on IR. Their backups on IR. There were weeks we signed hot dog vendors on Tuesday and started them in the secondary on Sunday.

Not to mention that we played half the season without Bruschi and quite a few games without Seymour.

Despite all that, the team was actually playing halfway decent football late in the season.

I believe this team could be the best Patriots team of the Belichick era. Why? D-line. O-line. Run game. QB. Excellent linebackers. Solid secondary.

Check back in December.

BoTown said:
Great, a Steelers troll.

you've never seen one of those ? man , they've got a whole city of trolls. that is one ugly town.

hwc said:
Many of the pundits have missed the boat with the Pats.

The thing outsiders don't understand is how impressive last year's 10-6 record was. Any other team, with those injuries, would have finished 5-11.

All three RBs were injured at the same time. There were weeks the Pats signed a stiff off the street and started him on Sunday.

The O-line was decimated with three starters on IR.

The secondary was more than decimated, finishing the season with SIX, count 'em SIX DBs on injured reserve. Starters on IR. Their backups on IR. There were weeks we signed hot dog vendors on Tuesday and started them in the secondary on Sunday.

Not to mention that we played half the season without Bruschi and quite a few games without Seymour.

Despite all that, the team was actually playing halfway decent football late in the season.

I believe this team could be the best Patriots team of the Belichick era. Why? D-line. O-line. Run game. QB. Excellent linebackers. Solid secondary.

Check back in December.

Very true. Well said. A lot of people forget/ignore all this.

Who cares, go away.

SteelCity said:
I can't believe how many guys the Patriots have lost. Just when I thought the player losses couldn't get any worse, they lost their best receiver.

yeah...and the Steelers have never lost anyone to FA

SteelCity said:
This team doesn't even resemble the team that used to strike fear into the hearts of opposing teams.

Now that's true. Hey, BTW, who's the new guy we have at QB. You know, the guy wearing #12?

SteelCity said:
ESPN analyst John Clayton thinks the Patriots won't even make the playoffs this year. I would have to agree. How can they do anything with no wide outs?

Clayton said that? Cripes, we're screwed. Hey, anyone want my tix to the Colts game? Maybe the Bruins are playing that day instead.

SteelCity said:

Thanks. And stick it up your ass.

SteelCity said:

Peace

You know the expression, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Just make sure that your QB has his health insurance premiums paid before you become an expert on other teams' perceived shortcomings........

Hadn't you heard? We lost Deion Branch, the only good player left on our team. Tom Brady and Richard Seymour, our only other decent players left, are so demoralized by the loss of Branch that they can't even function.
See you in the playoffs!

Great commets here guys. I know I'm convinced now that the Patriots will be fine.

Who cares that they lost Givens and Branch? Who cares that they lost McGinnist and the kicker? Who cares? They still got Brady.... and he can do it all by himself.

Everything's cool.

SteelCity said:
Great commets here guys. I know I'm convinced now that the Patriots will be fine.

Who cares that they lost Givens and Branch? Who cares that they lost McGinnist and the kicker? Who cares? They still got Brady.... and he can do it all by himself.

Everything's cool.
yup everything is cool because the men who drafted branch and givens [people nobody heard about before and were not drafted high] are still in charge .its funny but i remember winning a sb with david patten and jermain wiggins .where was branch then .the patriots will always be a force as long as piolli bb and brady are still around .

Last edited:
Thanks for the information guys. I don't know what I was thinking. Most teams will pay a price for losing great players. But I should have known that the conventional wisdom that applies to every other team doesn't apply to the pats.

I mean, they are the pats. That's what makes them different. That's what makes them special.

Thanks guys.

SteelCity said:
Thanks for the information guys. I don't know what I was thinking. Most teams will pay a price for losing great players. But I should have known that the conventional wisdom that applies to every other team doesn't apply to the pats.

I mean, they are the pats. That's what makes them different. That's what makes them special.

Thanks guys.
your finally getting it .your stupid but you seem to already know that good for you .come back anytime you want to learn somthing .

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
Man, the Patriots used to be a true power-house, but now look at them. Their own fans are booing them at home. Its crazy.

Peace

Maybe the refs will award them unearned touchdowns like they did for the Steelers in their last two games.

SteelCity said:

Peace
John Clayton thinks the Colts will win the Super Bowl every year, he's another talking head.

It isn't about how many "star" players you have, but how the team plays together. Hell, a few years ago they gave Bledsoe and Milloy to a DIVISION RIVAL and still won 2 more Super Bowls.

The Patriots have a good, potentially great front 7; an excellent run game; a very good offensive line and the best QB in football. The secondary and receiving games are questionable, but it's too early to tell.

All you have to do to strike fear into hearts is win.

"what happened to the Patriots?"

they won again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back