PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happened to Terrence Wheatley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind, though, that Jason Taylor is a pure speed pass rusher. He is not asked to set the edge against the run in a 3-4 set.

Thats true....But I think those long lean muscles on Crable are stonger than people think.

I'm sure the pats have him squatting, dead-lifting and snatching until the cows come home.

This more "old school" approach. Rookies starting have come into fashion with salary caps and huge rookie contracts.

Do you think Vince Young and Tavaris Jackson wished they could go the Aaron Rogers route?

I am sorry, after this past game "the Aaron Rogers route" of sitting for three years is now officially known aroundnd here as "the Matt Cassel route". :)

Except when it's known as "the Matt Cassell route", of course.

I'm not sure about on the field but in my Madden Franchise year 3 he is starting opposite Hobbs and doing a solid job. Also rated 99 as a KR.

Deltha happened to Wheatley.

I continue to be impressed by ONeill's play after joining the team from the Bengal's scrapheap and missing all of Pats camp. How he even knows the playbook is a miracle. The fact that he's so effective on the field takes it to a whole different level.

They're very different players, but I think I prefer D.O. over Asante. Asante is tremendous in space, but ONeill is way special in the red zone, when it really counts.

A lot of care and feeding for a rookie starter to play right and not develop bad habits. They're force feeding Mayo (you can't help bad puns with that name) and he seems to be doing well.

Having young players become seasoned first is the ideal.

And what rookBoston said. A former all pro dropped into our laps.

Last edited:
We also must keep in mind that B.B. plans the gameday roster based off of the gameplan. Sometimes you just don't need 5 RB's, or 8 LB's. Depends on who they are playing. There's been plenty of times over the years that i've wondered why so and so wasnt activated, and he's explained it after the game. And yes, I stopped questioning Bill a long time ago :D

Willhite is a better special teams player than Wheatley. Crable doesn't fit a position of need for game day.

BB has always rotated different players off and on the inactive list. I'm sure it's based on potential matchups in game situations.

Do we ever need more than three OLB's active, except perhaps when pass-rushing Jarvis Green isn't playing? Woods is our #3 OLB and is a top Ster in addition. Unless there are health issues, I don't see Crable ever being active.

BTW, there is even less need for ILB backups, since there is often only one ILB on the field. Mayo has been playing every down. However, there should be some reps for the #3 ILB. Alexander, the backup has been injured. Guyton may be getting some reps, or Pioli will be on speed dial to a certain ILB.

The bottom line is that we have 9 LB's: 4 OLB, 4 ILB and Izzo. If the #3's and #4's are to be active, they need to be solid special teamers. Woods, Alexander and Guyton qualfy, giving us 8 active LB's, 7 since Alexander is injured. Note that the replacement on Game Day for Alexander needs to be a STer, hence the signing of Eckel.

I am sorry, after this past game "the Aaron Rogers route" of sitting for three years is now officially known aroundnd here as "the Matt Cassel route". :)

Except when it's known as "the Matt Cassell route", of course.

There is a difference.

The coaching staff of Greenbay decided they would rather have Rodgers than a healthy Lord Farve.

There is a difference.

The coaching staff of Greenbay decided they would rather have Rodgers than a healthy Lord Farve.

Rodgers also spent camp knowing he'd be the guy and practicing that way.

As of now Wheatley and Crable are not two of the our best 45 on a given Sunday. Lewis Sanders is better than Wheatley at corner, and Wilhite is better on special teams. Woods is better than Crable at OLB, and many, many are better than Crable on special teams. Eckel is better both these players on special teams, so much so that he was signed to the 53.

Don't get wrong, these were fine picks.

How am I supposed to panic about team depth or complain about the FO with you making posts like this?

As of now Wheatley and Crable are not two of the our best 45 on a given Sunday. Lewis Sanders is better than Wheatley at corner, and Wilhite is better on special teams. Woods is better than Crable at OLB, and many, many are better than Crable on special teams. Eckel is better both these players on special teams, so much so that he was signed to the 53.

Don't get wrong, these were fine picks.

How am I supposed to panic about team depth or complain about the FO with you making posts like this?

Just wait until the offseason and next year's training camp, when some of these 'fine picks' get cut. Then you'll be able to complain again. It's all about the timing.....;)

they're rookies...it takes time to develop them. they just might not be ready. besides, our d has done well enough, they're not needed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes