PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happened to Terrence Wheatley

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
He went from starter in game 1 to inactive for game 2.

Is he injured or just moved down on the depth chart.

Also what about Crable...also inactive.

Shows you how incredibly little preseason performances really mean

He went from starter in game 1 to inactive for game 2.

Is he injured or just moved down on the depth chart.

Also what about Crable...also inactive.

Shows you how incredibly little preseason performances really mean

Wheatley played zero snaps on defense in game 1.

Crable won't be allowed to play until his legs are wider and thicker than 2 inches

Crable won't be allowed to play until his legs are wider and thicker than 2 inches

Really? Because I would love to throw him in on some passing downs to see how he does.

Whether or not to activate Wheatley or Crable on game day: nice dilemma to have. I don't think there are any "issues" with either one.

Given the way defenses wear down during a season, what a luxury to be able to develop these two rookies now and have them waiting in the wings for when the D needs reinforcements.

I don't see issues with either as well...obviously one might ask why Wilhite over Wheatley and that is special teams...(not as a returner, but as a tackler..) No issues..ar all.

Tell that to Jason Taylor. Don't let long and lean fool you into thinking someone is small. Tall people "look" smaller than they really are because of their long proportions. Just like little stocky guys looked "jacked" until they stand next to somone with a big frame, and get dwarfed. Ten bucks says his ankles are 2 times the size of yours. Crable needs to get a little bigger, but his calves will never look large, because the muscle insertions on them are high.

High calves = fast.

Last edited:
Tell that to Jason Taylor. Don't let long and lean fool you into thinking someone is small. Tall people "look" smaller than they really are because of their long proportions. Just like little stocky guys looked "jacked" until they stand next to somone with a big frame, and get dwarfed. Ten bucks says his ankles are 2 times the size of yours. Crable needs to get a little bigger, but his calves will never look large, because the muscle insertions on them are high.

High calves = fast.

Not to mention, if you watch his college footage, or look at any of his pre-draft evaluations, you see a lot of "thin lower body, yet anchors surprisingly well against the run". NBA fans should remember Keon Clark, who had absolute pencil legs, but could jump out of the gym. I'm not too worried about his thin legs, he just needs to learn to play standing up, like he did sometimes at Michigan, and he'll see snaps.

As of now Wheatley and Crable are not two of the our best 45 on a given Sunday. Lewis Sanders is better than Wheatley at corner, and Wilhite is better on special teams. Woods is better than Crable at OLB, and many, many are better than Crable on special teams. Eckel is better both these players on special teams, so much so that he was signed to the 53.

Don't get wrong, these were fine picks.

High calves = fast.

Keep in mind, though, that Jason Taylor is a pure speed pass rusher. He is not asked to set the edge against the run in a 3-4 set.

Keep in mind, though, that Jason Taylor is a pure speed pass rusher. He is not asked to set the edge against the run in a 3-4 set.

Huh..... Taylor is a beast and a fancy dancer. He's not a 3-4 end, but he's one hell of a Joker.

I wonder what these guys must be thinking when we pick up a STARTING CB after the last cuts?? I think the DBs will only be as good as Meriweather and ONeal make them.

I wonder what these guys must be thinking when we pick up a STARTING CB after the last cuts?? I think the DBs will only be as good as Meriweather and ONeal make them.

you wonder what who are thinking? O'Neal only beat out Lew Sanders for the starting job. Rookie CBs don't usually see much playing time in the first half of the season.

I saw Wheatley on the sidelines during the game. Very lame. I was hoping he would get a lot of playing time. I'm bummed that Crable isn't out there as well. I thought when Woods went down, Crable would be the replacement but I guess he was inactive. Oh well, it's a long season, they will play eventually.

They are either "bust" or "made of glass".:cool:

Our next draft pick should be Bustin Glassware...maybe then the "experts" will be satisfied

This more "old school" approach. Rookies starting have come into fashion with salary caps and huge rookie contracts.

Do you think Vince Young and Tavaris Jackson wished they could go the Aaron Rogers route?

I guess this goes to show how much BB thinks of Mayo.
....either that or desperation at IL.:p

A lot of people were saying that Wheatley would be the starter after the bye. Although if O'Neal keeps it up, I don't mind seeing Wheatley on the sidelines.

You would think he would get some snaps in at least as a nickleback.

I am surprised I haven't seen Crable out there yet on obvious passing downs.

Give them time. They will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots