PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Happened to McCourty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMY just tweeted that McCourty said, "I'm OK." I hope he ain't fibbin'

That's what I thought. I said in the chat room that if it was serious, they would have listed him as doubtful. They didn't do that. Instead, they listed him as questionable... meaning he could have returned if the game were closer.

Actually that is a possibility. His ankle was at a bit of a weird angle when it got squished.
I watched that replay a few times very slow and his foot/ankle did not get caught or get fallen on - he got right up and jogged toward the end zone to join the TD celebration, and he was in for the next series. So, definitely NOT an ankle as far as I could see. It must have happened on the next series; that was the last one he was in for.

Via Twitter:

RapSheet

Good sign for @DMcCourty32, who left with a rib injury RT @kguregian: Caught Devin McCourty leaving stadium. Says he's OK.

i dont do twitter.

should i just quit following NFL football?

i dont do twitter.

should i just quit following NFL football?

It's great for following all the ins and outs cos you often hear things on Twitter that aren't big headlines and therefore don't make the mainstream news

Brace hurt too?

Mike Reiss wrote,

"Rookie cornerback Devin McCourty, who has been impressive in locking down the left side and totaling six interceptions, left the game in the second quarter with a rib injury and did not return. The potential loss of McCourty would be a big blow to the Patriots, who have been dressing just three corners on game-day. In addition, defensive lineman Ron Brace (head) left the game in the third quarter and did not return."

Pats-Bears Week 14 RR - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

I watched that replay a few times very slow and his foot/ankle did not get caught or get fallen on - he got right up and jogged toward the end zone to join the TD celebration, and he was in for the next series. So, definitely NOT an ankle as far as I could see. It must have happened on the next series; that was the last one he was in for.

Go back and watch, he did not make it to the end zone celebration....he seemed to pull up after running towards the end zone and sort of somewhat gingerly walk to the sideline.

I did not see him on the ensuing kickoff coverage or in on the next series of downs, The very first defensive play had slater and arrington in there and then it was all butler and arrington.

Good to read what Rappaport wrote though, so hopefully this is minor all the way. We need this guy!!

Anyone listen to BBs post game? Reiss point blank asks him if DM not returning was precautionary due to the game being out of hand or if it was related to the severity of the injury.

I was only able to listen to audio so couldn't see reaction, but BB really took his time before answering. Almost sounded flustered, like he knew that the answer was the former but didn't want to say it. Ultimately he fell back on the stock "I don't know it's up to the medical team to make that decision" but I took his reaction as a good sign.

When Chung hurt his knee earlier in the season he also said he was fine or ok after the game and ended up missing 2 games, hope thats not the case with McCourty...

On the post game show, Gary Tanguay just said that Devin will not miss anytime and he is ok.

On the post game show, Gary Tanguay just said that Devin will not miss anytime and he is ok.

What does Gary Tanguay know in all honesty? But, from the sounds of things he is right and McCourty should be fine.

Go back and watch, he did not make it to the end zone celebration....he seemed to pull up after running towards the end zone and sort of somewhat gingerly walk to the sideline.

I did not see him on the ensuing kickoff coverage or in on the next series of downs, The very first defensive play had slater and arrington in there and then it was all butler and arrington.

Good to read what Rappaport wrote though, so hopefully this is minor all the way. We need this guy!!
As I said, he was in on the next defensive series. If you have the game on your DVR go back and watch it. He's playing his usual position on the defensive left side.

The broadcast that I watched did not show him pulling up and watching gingerly anywhere. He did not sprint toward the end zone, rather he kind of jogged, and the broadcast cut to a different camera before we saw anything else. I took the jogging as simply a matter of the play being over and there was no need to sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes