Welcome to PatsFans.com

what happened 2 the fans i used 2 know?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by frankiesfly, Dec 16, 2006.

1. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you know, when i woke up in the morning and turned on my computer, the first thing i did was go to this message board to see what pats fans where writing about and what new opinions were out there. Now i barely even come here. It seems like people just go out of there way just to disagree with you, and make some kind of stupid comment. I used to like peoples insight on things, and disagreeing is fine, but its just the way people are going about it. Its just like what your mother taught you when you were a kid, if you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all. I know the patriots play does effect the mood of us fans, but its no excuse for for all the anger thats going on, and down grading of people. No matter how much i disagreed with someone i would state my opinoin and that would be it. Coming here and reading responses of people threads, and actually seeing people have the nerve to make comments about ones mom is the most pathetic thing i ever come across. These people know who they are, and they are turning this board into a joke. To the people that want to make mother jokes, and down grade people, theres something out there called yahoo, go use it.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

The board sucks right now, there's no other way to say it. Sometimes more isn't better :(
  3. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

The board doesn't suck if you don't get sucked in by the losers who resort to the bickering and name-calling noted by Frankie. Ignoring those idiots will eventually make them go away. I think part of the problem with the board is that the team isn't playing well, there isn't much to talk about until we see some positive play, and there are those who have nothing better to do than post dumb things. If you are upset about the board, I say post a new thread with a football discussion and then you will get something more positive going.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree...all good points..I am here some..but..there are the negative Naysayers..and that is fine..they bring the pessimsim that is deep within many.. RED SOX fans expecially....but now transgered to the Pats.
  5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

I've been coming here for just a couple of months, and have only made a few posts. Let me tell you why that is, because maybe it'll be a window into things for you. I won't name names, because it's not personal to me. Also, for those who think I'm pointing to one person and one person only, that's absolutely not true. These observations are of more than one person that I perceive to be causing this site to become less 'reader friendly'. I have no dogs in any hunt here.

You've got a blogsite with a few posters who post all the time. That's typical. But what's not typical is that some of your more prolific posters seem to be nothing but troublemakers who've been allowed to stay around. Having posters making threats to others makes this site a place to be avoided rather than flocked to. Having posters hijack every thread to make it about the exact same issue every time also makes for an unpleasant reading experience. Making posts that you know are ridiculous and then snapping at people who actually point out that they are ridiculous is childish and off putting.

Things like the above kept me from posting for a while after I started reading this site. They make me refrain from posting much even to this day. I hope it gets better because I don't like to jump from board to board and prefer the idea of one sport, one main board. This one seemed like it had potential, and I hope the people causing the problems can be dealt with so that potential can be reached. I love the idea of a board where people can disagree colorfully and not have to worry about censoring their comments overmuch. I just think that, perhaps, sometimes individuals abuse these privileges and have to be dealt with.

Of course, I don't know the whole story and maybe I'm missing things. But, I thought I'd give the perspective of a newcomer, so take it for what it's worth.
  6. SoCal Bong

SoCal Bong Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Not in all cases, at least one has been posting here longer than any of us have even been alive.
  7. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'll make PatsDeb's point a bit clearer for you...

Ignoring "idiots" makes them go away FOR YOU (the person who chooses to ignore them) and if EVERYONE feels the same as you do, and also places a particular poster on ignore, then the person would go away for EVERYONE (and more than likely, leave the board).

Hope it's clear now, :rolleyes:
  8. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There are many of us here who seek education, enlightenment, and entertainment regarding all things Patriot. There are also many who have vast knowledge of the game and this team, and bring that knowledge to bear. This is what makes this board the best to learn about this game and this team. Lately, though, things have become personal and currently this board is in the middle of a flame war of apocalyptic proportions. Things will revert to the norm soon (I hope).

So, lets get back to talkin' football and ignore the war until it peters itself out.:p
  9. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +89 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

Let me respond. I am under the impression that putting someone on ignore only blocks their posts, not the posts of those who respond. Therefore, if someone named "dog" is on ignore, but "Cat" quotes him or responds to him, I'm still seeing "dog" post and, worse, I'm seeing a completely disrupted thread that makes no sense. Is that not correct, or will you be rolling your eyes at me the way you did to the person SoCal Bong, behaving like a petty child even as you try to give the impression that you're being progressive and adult? I hope the issue is clear to you now,:rolleyes:
  10. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +89 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

NEM, knock it off. You got banned over there because you were an ass, not because of other people. Now you're badmouthing a website that took in the people from Patsfans.com when it crashed. Seriously, is your life so pathetic that you have to make your online existence a soap opera and subject everyone else to it? Don't forget that some of the people here know what happened over there. You didn't just get banned arbitrarily. You were voted into their Assclown Asylum which kept you from the mainboards, and were still such a pain in the backside that they went through the secondary step of banning you completely. Do I really need to go to the Ban NEM thread over there and grab some of your quotes? Let me just point out what the big cheese over there had to say about that situation and your banning:

You were such an ass that the head honcho himself personally banned you. Now, stop acting like you're the one innocent man in a prison riot.
  11. RoadGrader

RoadGrader Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

keep working hard on that sales pitch NEM, I enjoy the watching the effort

I just know you've got a Flame-out inside you just waiting to bust out

it will solidify The Legend
  12. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Any Given Sunday fellas.....
    any
    given
    Sunday
  13. RoadGrader

RoadGrader Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bull****, Mike

You know it, but I'll say it.........and I'll say it here because you set the standard for Free Speech here
  14. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

And what specificly IS that what you will do, Mr Bloviator?
  15. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

The cycle continues, phase three, the "my health is so bad" whine has begun again. **sniff**
  16. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +89 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

Your words weren't taken out of context. They were there for all to see. You did the same thing you do here: "A sucks and b sucks, just kidding!" The difference is that they didn't find that acceptable.

Nobody was "lying their asses off" over there. They were holding your feet to the fire. And, as I said, you weren't just Assclowned, you were banned. You went through not just one, but two layers of "eviction".

But you're the king of personal attacks here. Since I've been here, it seems as if you use them in almost every post that you direct towards a dissenter.

Ummm.... the above quote IS a threat. You are threatening people. And don't pretend you aren't, because you've "offered" to meet people at locations during your threats of hostility.

No, you got Assclowned over there for what you said about the site and your subsequent behavior. You got banned for doing things like accusing people from that site of being responsible for the hacking of Patsfans.com. Again, don't go down the road of misrepresenting what happened over there. It's all available for people to read and quote.

Truth be told, your age and level of health is meaningless. Whether you're 8 or 80, you're acting like an ass. You are a person who instigates the drama and then pretends to be an innocent victim. Stop blaming others for your actions. Tell people they're wrong. Tell them their being silly. But quit attacking them personally and quit threatening them. Do that and ignore the slings and arrows that you feel are being tossed your way for a little while, and I'm sure that things will calm down.
  17. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You mean comments like this?

;)
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

If these posts are a barometer of what people are thinking about this board, we are in a sad state.

The reality is that NEM is what he is, a predictable, offense Coordinator hating, pat loving fan. Most of us do not agree with everything he says, but have the common sense to respect his right to post it and many of us ignore it. One thing you should be aware, he does not go away.

There was an equally inane thread posted yesterday about permanently banning NEM, until he steps over very serious boundaries this is not something that should be considered.
  19. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

While NEM's predictable attack on the Patriots over the Gabriel departure are not grounds for a ban, as suggested by another poster frustrated with NEM's idiocy, NEM's recent efforts to instigate bad blood between our fellow fans on Patriot's Planet and Patsfans is more than adequate grounds to shut down his hateful and malicious attacks on the Patriots and their fans. I will continue to protest his presence here, where he uses this site as a refuge from which to launch his attacks.

I am sympathetic to your concern that we are not being tolerant with some posting thoughts, but this is a more complex situation.
  20. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree there's a lot of negativity on here, but what's with the anti-Red Sox fan bias? We're all the same crew. I root for the Sox, I root for the Pats, I root for the C's, and if I liked hockey more, I'd root for the Bruins. The anti-Sox snobbery is close to as annoying as the negativity.
  21. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Putting NEM on ignore only goes so far and then some one will 'quote" him and then you see his repetitive BS and it starts all over again.

Why does everyone pick on NEM? Why is it he has trouble everywhere he goes? Is there really a personal vendettas againts him by so many, over a long period of time, by all kinds of different indviduals over different issues?

The truth is that there have been more than a few who won't post here because of him. If he really cared about this site, as he says. If he really cares about other Patriots fans, as he says. He would confine himself to the political forum and then things would improve greatly on this forum.

Of coarse this will never happen and he will continue to do what he does because it's always some one elses fault. He will never admit that it's his fault. I know this because I have a mother-in-law who is exactly the same way.

Just my personal opinion based on experience and observation over a long period of time..