PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What games do you get to watch this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desi-patsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
06-CBS-E.gif

06-CBS-L.gif

06-FOX.gif

The Texans at cowboys. Why is that shown over the division rivals Bills?

Last edited:
Any game I want. Real fans have NFL Ticket -:)

I'll watch some of the Bills as we play them next week. Some of the jesters and Dolphins just because.

And the Seahawks @ Rams - GO RAMS :D

PatsSteve1 said:
Oh yeah, me too, I misread the question slightly. I'll watch whatever I want, baby.

I feel like I control the fate of the universe with that controller in my hand. I love NFL ticket!

PatsSteve1 said:

Real fans live where the Pats are always on. :D

The NFL has no respect for its TV audience and proves it every weekend. Oddly, the arcane NFL bylaws often seem to reduce potential TV revenue. Take last week when the Pats played at home and so only one game was on at the 4 o'clock slot. How small a fraction of New England area football fans wouldn't have watched Pats at 1pm because they knew another game was on CBS at 4pm? One percent, two? Giving Fox the monoply on the 4pm slot is more important to the NFL than handing their fans at least a tiny bit of choice. 12 games were on Sunday afternoon, we got two.

As for this Sunday? The stupidity continues - the embrassing Texans against the we-are-so-tired-of-hearing-about-TO Cowboys is the main national broadcast? Yuck. I'd certainly rather watch Buff - Det (although that will be pretty poor entertainment) or even better, Cincy/TB.

Fox has all the best games of the weekend on at the same time at 1pm. And I know this is old Giants country we'll get the bearable NYG/Atl game but I'd much rather see St. Lo/Sea or Philly/NO.

At 4pm we get handed more crap with NJ/Miami. Any football fan interested enough to even bother watching five minutes of this game would certainly spend twenty minutes watching the Larry johnson, Big Ben, Steeler season life or death match drama at KC/Pitt. I mean, the divisional connection only goes so far but the NFL and the local networks have zero imagination, none.

As for Sunday Ticket - well, the NFL again doesn't show any respect for its fans by keeping it on satellite. Especially when you consider what huge hit would be on cable. But wait, maybe that's why it's not on cable...the NFL doesn't want to step on the toes of the networks by having everyone in the US picking their own games. Just more shortsighted disrespect for the fans ....

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Some of us have husbands in the military and live where our government sends us :(
Doesn't mean we are not real Pats fans though!!!

Actually, none.
Pats aren't playing this weekend.
Don't give a rat's behind about anybody else.
Time to do whatever the wife wants to do this weekend that will make her happy.
Next weekend - - Pats! :D

Last edited:
when the Pats are not playing i'm more or less indifferent...

probably Texans-Cowboys is not 'bad'...

italianpatthepatriot said:
when the Pats are not playing i'm more or less indifferent...

probably Texans-Cowboys is not 'bad'...

oh comone IPP...as soon as you write Texans it became bad. :D
I'll be purely watching for fantasy points.

patsacolachick said:
Some of us have husbands in the military and live where our government sends us :(
Doesn't mean we are not real Pats fans though!!!

And some of us live in apartment blocks where a dish is not possible. I think we are still real football fans.

It sucks that last season in Ontario I could watch ANY game, on cable, or this season if I were back home in England I could watch ANY game via the new Yahoo internet service... but now that I live in the States I can't do so unless I can have a dish.

Having said all that, I try to be happy with whatever I can get. If I have to watch Dallas v Houston then I'll find interest in seeing how the highest passer-rating QB in the league thus far looks, and what the Number 1 draft pick can do. (Oh, and whether Houston can keep it close enough to land half of my 'teaser' bet).

PatsSteve1 said:

In HD no less.....also any beer I want...even if it is 10 AM AZ time!

pats1 said:

Real fans leave their native land to spread the gospel of Patriots football to the far corners of the globe. The only option for those brave missionaries is the Ticket.

NEM said:
Why the hell is there a small segment in New Mexico and Texas that will have the Seattle/St. Louis game? Very strange.

Yeah, that is weird. Perhaps it's a community full of grunge-loving hippies who moved down from Seattle because they prefer the weather and authentic Chilis. :D The same thing seems to happen with the Buffalo game and one of the New England states (sorry, I always get confused about which is which).

Edit: After some research, it looks as if it is New Hampshire. This new-fangled Internet thingy is great!

Last edited:
I don't have cable so I will get a game. Don't know which one since i'm in Canada.

NEM said:
Why the hell is there a small segment in New Mexico and Texas that will have the Seattle/St. Louis game? Very strange.

It's the only game available via SAP

I too have the ticket, did anyone shell out the extra $99 for the Superfan? I got it on week one, and today would be a perfect "Redzone" channel day, I'm kinda hoping that they drop the price halfway through the year and maybe my cheap ass will spring for it.

I think I'll stick with the Seattle game at 1, it is always fun rooting for someone to lose. This is actually a very big game for our pick next year, if Seattle wins in St. Louis, they will basically lock up the division title, however, without Alexander, St. Louis might be able to catch them today, and if they do, they will take a game and a half lead over Seattle (although S. Louis' division loss to SF will mostly likely hurt them in any tiebreakers in the end).

So it's lets go RAMS!!!!!!!

BTW whatshisname is starting at WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back