PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What free agency move excited you the most?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which excited you most?

• Other (Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Honestly, the Jets not getting Nnamdi for me.

The ones the Patriots haven't done yet, I hope.

Haynesworth for now, since IF it works he'll be huge for us. Not a sure bet, but if you're going to get an all-pro talent for cheap, that's the catch every time.

Last edited:
In its first 5 whole hours?

Haynesworth for now, since IF it works he'll be huge for us. Not a sure bet, but if you're going to get an all-pro talent for cheap, that's the catch every time.

Technically not a FA move, even though everyone is calling it one, same with Ocho. Both of their teams received compensation for sending them to us, aka a trade. :p

As of now, Asomugha getting signed by the Eagles.

The impact of Ochocinco and Hanyesworth is to be determined, hopefully they will work out great.

However, Asomugha's impact on the Jets was pretty much a sure thing. With Asomugha they were going to have the greatest CB duo in NFL history.

Last edited:
The next move this team will make hopefully!!!I hope they dont stop.

Technically not a FA move, even though everyone is calling it one, same with Ocho. Both of their teams received compensation for sending them to us, aka a trade. :p

Happened during the free agency period, so for the purposes of this thread that's pretty much a technicality. He didn't say free agent signing. Either way, we all know what the OP was saying.

I actually kinda prefer it this way. While other teams are bidding against each other and signing guys to ludicrous contracts on the open market. We're giving up spare change in draft picks for the right to get players under their market value.

Last edited:
So far it has to be Chad. This is something that has been talked about for a number of years now. Glad to see it happen.

The next move this team will make hopefully!!!I hope they dont stop.

This. The most exciting part of this offseason is the thought of the next move.

I voted Haynesworth. Although the Warren cut kind of made it close with the Jets losing out on Asomugha. Hopefully Brace can step up or we can bring someone in that can truly make our DL a 3 headed monster

Last edited:
If it works Haynesworth, in passing situations having him and Vince collapsing the pocket with pressure up the middle (doing some 1 gap) will transform our pass D.

Johnson is another piece but we already had the best O in the league.

For once Rex not getting his man. Can you just imagine how insufferable Rexy's chest-beating "Us, inevitable world champions" would be if had Nmadi paired with Revis. Boy, the media would have instantly made them Super Bowl favorites.

For once Rex not getting his man. Can you just imagine how insufferable Rexy's chest-beating "Us, inevitable world champions" would be if had Nmadi paired with Revis. Boy, the media would have instantly made them Super Bowl favorites.

it would have been an avalanche of asskissing by ESPN and a tsunami of toe titillation between the fawning NY media trolls and Blobba Wrecks...

The Jets putting all their eggs in one basket and having the bottom fall out makes me giggle like a school girl. I honestly feel like Rex and Tanny not getting what they want will effect the entire team.

Last edited:
The Jets putting all their eggs in one basket and having the bottom fall out makes me giggle like a school girl. I honestly feel like Rex and Tanny not getting what they want will effect the entire team.

They'll probably just resign Cro and Edwards and field a very similar team to last season, which by the way was good enough to make it to the AFCCG.

There are seriously 12 people who care more about what the Jets do than seeing the Patriots improve? Really?

Last edited:
The biggest nonmove for us was Nnamdi becoming an Eagle.
The biggest potential for defense Haynesworth.
The biggest potential for offense Ochocinco.

A thought did occur to me, if the Pats and Eagles meet in the Superbowl, how do you plan on throwing against - Asomugha, Samuel, and DRC?? That's just NASTY! Overall that's deeper and better than an Asomugha/Revis defensive backfield woulda been!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back