PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What former or present NE Patriots player would you want to meet in person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis Hobbs... ok im kidding, LeKevin Smith.

This may be a stab in the dark comment but I don't think you will have to wait in line a long time to get LeKevin's autograph,nor will you hve to worry about getting trampled on - He should be very free for autographs....and a half hour conversation too...;)

Without a doubt, definitely Vince Wilfork.

If you read any of his post-game comments after his fumble recovery in the WC game vs. the Jets, then you KNOW the dude is straight up hilarious. Also, you've got to figure the guy knows the best places to eat in every city with an NFL team.

Steve Grogan...

Mark Henderson.

My first thought was Hannah, but it would be Tom if his girlfriend tagged along. :D

My choice would be the BEST New England Patriots player in History - No its not Tom Brady,Its John Hannah... He was that good IMO and it would be an honor to shake the mans hand who took on 2 guys tons of times in his career and just simply would not let them get by,it seemed like he was a whole offensive line by himself at times.

Interesting you brought this up... Last month, I was riding the T (Green Line) and John Hannah sat right next to me!!! :eek: He was all dressed up in a business suit and I saw the AFC conference ring he wore on his hand, so it was no mistake it was him. We both exchanged hellos and some short talk (not too intrusive). I never knew he actually stayed, lived, and worked here in Boston since he retired. Didn't ask for an autograph though as I thought it wasn't polite. Didn't have a pen or paper on me anyways so it was moot.

Thats my brush with greatness! And I didn't have to stand in line for an autograph or go through a crowd to be near him! There were Pats fans on the train with me, and they didn't seem to care or noticed. Guess Hog had his 15 minutes of fame... ;)

Interesting you brought this up... Last month, I was riding the T (Green Line) and John Hannah sat right next to me!!! :eek: He was all dressed up in a business suit and I saw the AFC conference ring he wore on his hand, so it was no mistake it was him. We both exchanged hellos and some short talk (not too intrusive). I never knew he actually stayed, lived, and worked here in Boston since he retired. Didn't ask for an autograph though as I thought it wasn't polite. Didn't have a pen or paper on me anyways so it was moot.

Thats my brush with greatness! And I didn't have to stand in line for an autograph or go through a crowd to be near him! There were Pats fans on the train with me, and they didn't seem to care or noticed. Guess Hog had his 15 minutes of fame... ;)

Wow, cool story. But very weird that he was on the T. It's like when Letterman jokes about taking the Subway to work.

Thats cool,I am jealous of your short time with the 'great one'

I bet he took up 2 seats he is so big a guy ;)

Aside from Larry Bird he is my New England Sports Idol with Brady and Bledsoe close

difficult question...

probably between Hannah and Brady

Sam Cunningham on a fly-fishing and beer-drinking trip with strippers.

Was fortunate enough to talk to John Hannah and hear him speak to the crowd at the recent BB "dinner with the coach" experience.

He is very cool, holds nothing back, is honest and very funny. He said his greatest thrill was beating Miami during the playoff run and then the playoff game at the Orange bowl after so much defeat and heartbreak VS them. His biggest disappointment was NOT the Superbowl loss, but, rather, the trading of his good friend Leon Gray. He said Steve Grogan was the soul of the club and Tony Eason was a West coast scardey cat that had an affinity for going down easy and he hated that. Said the club was very excited when it was announced that Grogan was practicing before the Superbowl and then all the air was sucked out of them when it was decided to start Eason.

It really is nice to see him back in Foxboro as a spokesman for this club..after being away for so long. Another shout out to Mr. Kraft for welcoming him back to where he always belonged.

What does it tell you about the lasting passion that players have for the game that twenty years later an ex-player wears his conference ring on his hand as he goes about his business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back