PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What ever happened to roughing the passer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRADY2MOSSS

On the Roster
Reaction score
I was just watching highlights of the pats game on ESPN of the Patriots last 2games versus the Eagles and Ravens and I noticed both teams were trying to hurt Brady the whole game. they were hitting him even after he got rid of the Ball.
I think BB should send the clips to the NFL and warn the officials to look out for roughing the passer calls.

Last edited:
I was just watching highlights of the pats game on ESPN of the Patriots last 2games versus the Eagles and Ravens and I noticed both teams were trying to hurt Brady the whole game. they were hitting him even after he got rid of the Ball.
I think BB should send the clips to the NFL and warn the officials to look out for roughing the passer calls.

Why would you make such accusations? How obnoxious are you to claim two respected franchises were deliberately trying to hurt Brady? Come on, I think you should choose your words a little more carefully. Not to mention there was nothing wrong with Baltimores hits on Brady Monday night... they were clean.

If you watched the game impartially, you'd have seen that we got away with two blows to the helmet of Boller. So I wouldn't say if anyone got away with anything, it was us.

As long as they don't take more then two steps after he releases the ball then it's a legal hit.

Of course no helmet to helmet, no lifting him up to drive him into the ground.

I didn't see anything we "got away with". We got some good licks on Boller, but I didn't see any blows to the head. The one they mentioned on the air during the game wasn't really a blow to the head, but had he been pulled down by the back of the helmet that could have been something.

Not saying we didn't get away with anything, I just didn't see it, but I didn't see anything they did to Brady as inentional either.

Nah man, the game in terms of "roughing the passer" was all pretty clean. He get's hit with a few incidentals right after he releases the ball, but that is within the rules. No one went helmet to helmet and it's pretty hard to stop the momentum of a 280+ pound guy running at full speed.

if you have the game on DVR watch it again you'll see what im talking about

if you have the game on DVR watch it again you'll see what im talking about

I do, and I did, and I can't find a single questionable late hit on the part of the Ravens. In that department, it was a rough, but clean, game.

If you have evidence, show it. When did these late hits happen? Who was guilty of them? Saying "watch the game again" is an enormous cop out.

Last edited:
I actually feel quite the opposite on the subject.
I've been 'impressed', if that's the right word, that opposing players have mostly gotten in hard but legal shots on Tom, and all seem to have been waist to shoulders.
No cheap, diving at the legs shots, no uppercutting spears to the helmet, really just a lot of normal football shots.

To me, that flies in the face of guys like Wilbon, Jackson, et al, who acted like a cheap shot was a foregone conclusion against Brady. Those jokers should be called out by players for their baseless journalism.

I actually feel quite the opposite on the subject.
I've been 'impressed', if that's the right word, that opposing players have mostly gotten in hard but legal shots on Tom, and all seem to have been waist to shoulders.
No cheap, diving at the legs shots, no uppercutting spears to the helmet, really just a lot of normal football shots.

To me, that flies in the face of guys like Wilbon, Jackson, et al, who acted like a cheap shot was a foregone conclusion against Brady. Those jokers should be called out by players for their baseless journalism.

Brady has a knack of knowing when to take the dive. He knows he's not going to outrun many defenders, so he doesn't try to risk injury.

Why would you make such accusations? How obnoxious are you to claim two respected franchises were deliberately trying to hurt Brady? Come on, I think you should choose your words a little more carefully. Not to mention there was nothing wrong with Baltimores hits on Brady Monday night... they were clean.

Time for YOU to disappear, troll.

How obnoxious are you to claim two respected franchises were deliberately trying to hurt Brady? Come on, I think you should choose your words a little more carefully.

what is OBNOXIOUS about a Patriots fan posting HIS opinion on a Patriot board? Whether I disagree(I do) is NOT the point. This IS (in case some of you have forgotten) a Patriots Fan message board. When some fan of ANOTHER team starts logging on here and posting hundreds of messages, continually arguing and promoting HIS views..and THEN starts calling members "obnoxious", and talks down his nose about what, how and why a Patriots fan should post, I get a little perturbed. The point being, if HE doesn't like what's posted and it bothers him so much to lash out with words such as "how obnoxious are you", then he can see his way clear of this PATRIOT FANS SITE. Plain and simple.

How obnoxious are you to claim two respected franchises were deliberately trying to hurt Brady? Come on, I think you should choose your words a little more carefully.

what is OBNOXIOUS about a Patriots fan posting HIS opinion on a Patriot board? Whether I disagree(I do) is NOT the point. This IS (in case some of you have forgotten) a Patriots Fan message board. When some fan of ANOTHER team starts logging on here and posting hundreds of messages, continually arguing and promoting HIS views..and THEN starts calling members "obnoxious", and talks down his nose about what, how and why a Patriots fan should post, I get a little perturbed. The point being, if HE doesn't like what's posted and it bothers him so much to lash out with words such as "how obnoxious are you", then he can see his way clear of this PATRIOT FANS SITE. Plain and simple.

You is angry!

heh...I'll be just fine by Sunday night at 7:30

heh...I'll be just fine by Sunday night at 7:30

I sure hope so. I'm nervous about this one.

But I'm nervous about EVERY one.

Not me...this team is custom made for the Patriots..it won't be close...I'll be close in the south E.Z. Hope to shake hands with Randy two or three times

You convinced me...

Since when are the Eagles and Ravens "RESPECTED" franchises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes