PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What ever happened to Donte' Stallworth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS was electric. Alot of fun to watch. Remember that game against miami i think?? when he made that spin move between 2 defenders and the game against dallas i believe?? when he made the stiff arm? when the guys healthy he can play. a very talented athelete.

Hmmmm, Moss and Branch out wide, Welker in the slot, Tony Gonzalez (traded for Maroney and a 5th pick) on TE duty, Faulk and Morris split in back, Tom under center.......oh man, why do I do this to myself?

Correction: I think we didn't pick up his option, so we essentially didn't get anything.
I beleive that's how it works.

For the purposes of computing comp picks, declining an option is not the same as waiving a player. Waived players get no comp picks, players such as Stallworth whose option was declined do. So I expect a comp pick for Stallworth (subject to the other factors in the whole calculation).

I would take a semi-young Troy Brown over all of them. :D

I wouldn’t mind either Branch or Stallworth back on next year’s team if the cost were low enough. They are perfect complementary players for a 2009 Super Bowl Run.

I'd sign the Twig to the practice squad and make him come across the middle on every play so Merriweather, Mayo, and AD can level him time...after time...after time.
As for David Takens (that's all he's done), I think the injury is unfortunate. If he'd heal up and join the Pats at a deserved discount it would be a happy ending.

I'd sign the Twig to the practice squad and make him come across the middle on every play so Merriweather, Mayo, and AD can level him time...after time...after time.
As for David Takens (that's all he's done), I think the injury is unfortunate. If he'd heal up and join the Pats at a deserved discount it would be a happy ending.

He hasn't been PS eligible since 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back