PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What else can NFL do to help Peyton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
.... help him get the super bowl that is.

Maybe this has been posted but I didn't see it.

Clayton reports:

8. Peyton Manning will have his best postseason thanks to the league's recent rule change that allows quarterbacks to handle the balls prior to games. This is huge. Quarterbacks won't be able to practice with them, but they'll be given game balls early enough during the week that they'll be able to rub them down and make them easier to grip. The process will continue through the conference championship games. Manning can't blame slick footballs for his poor play in playoff games, and he will have a comfort level in those games he's never had before. A confident Manning is a dangerous Manning because few quarterbacks can get on a roll as well as he can. Manning needs to get through his playoff struggles, and this little change will help.

I think Brady likes this idea also and was part of the QB movement to
inspire this change. They should have left it the way it was. IMO
Why just the playoffs? why not regular season games also?

So John, rubbing the football will make manning "confident"? Maybe he'll
get his genie in the football to come out and help him.

Peyton should stick to being a cheerleader like he was in that commercial.
"cut that meat ... cut that meat ..."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2509705

I think it counts for the regular season as well.

But this is not something that will favor Manning, it will be the same for everyone. It will be better for all of us to not have to watch the QB drop back and the ball slip out. That play is just lame all the way around!

A good DE will be able to knock the ball out just the same as before, and this won't mean anything come next playoffs.

The NFL might as well spot the Colts a 20-0 lead in every playoff game. It still won't matter though.

The biggest missing piece for the colts is the defence.Tony seems to be obessed with offence and this is the reason for their downfall.

Also,going for short smaller guys in defence for speed makes this them awefull.

In his six postseason losses, Peyton Manning's offense has averaged 11.3 points per game. Not the defense's fault.

If John Clayton honestly thinks this is going to be the difference in Peyton's playoff performances, he has lost what little credibility he had. That is a moronic belief.

patsacolachick said:
If John Clayton honestly thinks this is going to be the difference in Peyton's playoff performances, he has lost what little credibility he had. That is a moronic belief.
His credibility hit rock bottom when he said if the Dolphins slip for a year or two the Patriots will be BACK challenging for the AFC East. So is he a Steelers fan or a Colts fan? Or just a Patriots hater?

Last edited by a moderator:
JR4 said:
.... help him get the super bowl that is.

Maybe this has been posted but I didn't see it.

Clayton reports:

8. Peyton Manning will have his best postseason thanks to the league's recent rule change that allows quarterbacks to handle the balls prior to games. This is huge. Quarterbacks won't be able to practice with them, but they'll be given game balls early enough during the week that they'll be able to rub them down and make them easier to grip. The process will continue through the conference championship games. Manning can't blame slick footballs for his poor play in playoff games, and he will have a comfort level in those games he's never had before. A confident Manning is a dangerous Manning because few quarterbacks can get on a roll as well as he can. Manning needs to get through his playoff struggles, and this little change will help.

I think Brady likes this idea also and was part of the QB movement to
inspire this change. They should have left it the way it was. IMO
Why just the playoffs? why not regular season games also?

So John, rubbing the football will make manning "confident"? Maybe he'll
get his genie in the football to come out and help him.

Peyton should stick to being a cheerleader like he was in that commercial.
"cut that meat ... cut that meat ..."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2509705
Actually, I think this would more help to the lessor QBs.

We already know Peyton can wing the ball. But what about those quarterbacks that more typically throw wounded ducks?... I would think this help help them far more than it would Peyton.

So Peyton gets to handle his balls before a game...I thought that was Polian's job :rolleyes:

JR4 said:

I have faith in Payjohn, He will find new excuses!:rocker:

WOW.! I thought Clayton was reporting that Manning found a way to grow some balls when the pressure of a big playoff game starts getting to him.

Using his own footballs won't make a difference. He'll still choke.

Guys, it was Tom Brady who approached Peyton to help him with the idea. Let's not get carried away here.

The reality is, the NFL can't do anything to help Peyton anymore. They have already changed NFL rules/enforcement, gave them an easy schedule, and nothing they've done has helped. My bet is they've given up at this point.

Peyton Manning will never go to the Superbowl!!!

maverick4 said:
I disagree with that. He could certainly afford to buy a ticket.

Kdo5 said:
His credibility hit rock bottom when he said if the Dolphins slip for a year or two the Patriots will be BACK challenging for the AFC East. So is he a Steelers fan or a Colts fan? Or just a Patriots hater?

When did he say that???? Was it this year????

PATSNUTme said:
WOW.! I thought Clayton was reporting that Manning found a way to grow some balls when the pressure of a big playoff game starts getting to him.

Using his own footballs won't make a difference. He'll still choke.

Is it possible to choke with your own balls? Hell, if I coud do that, I'd never leave the house!

Nothing the league does will help Manning with the psychological damage he accumulates every time he fails in the playoffs. He is almost hardwired in with this problem, right now. Even if he was Brady's backup in NE, he would come in for a couple of snaps in the playoffs and blow the game somehow.

maverick4 said:
Guys, it was Tom Brady who approached Peyton to help him with the idea. Let's not get carried away here.

The reality is, the NFL can't do anything to help Peyton anymore. They have already changed NFL rules/enforcement, gave them an easy schedule, and nothing they've done has helped. My bet is they've given up at this point.

I thought the league can do other things to help Manning.

For example in the Steelers playoff game last season, the league could have told the referee to just give the game to the Colts. How else do you explain Pete Morelli's overturning the Troy Polamalu's interceptions??

mikey said:
I thought the league can do other things to help Manning.

For example in the Steelers playoff game last season, the league could have told the referee to just give the game to the Colts. How else do you explain Pete Morelli's overturning the Troy Polamalu's interceptions??

That game was a great game. Honestly one of the best games ive ever seen on tv. The refs almost ruined it. I mean i knew all along that the nfl wanted the colts to make the superbowl and win it (at least make it) ,but this is the first time it really hit hard. We actually got to see the refs try to take the game from the steelers and give it to the colts. It made me sick watching it but the game was so great i couldnt' change the channel. I don't think ill ever forget what i saw.

the Whole bettis fumble play looked like it was straight out of a movie, with the look on his face and everything......

I haven't been watching football for nearly as long as the majority of posters on here, but i have never seen an offseason officiated as bad as this one.

why does the league feel like the colts deserve to win??

why do they keep helping them?

Keegs said:
That game was a great game. Honestly one of the best games ive ever seen on tv. The refs almost ruined it. I mean i knew all along that the nfl wanted the colts to make the superbowl and win it (at least make it) ,but this is the first time it really hit hard. We actually got to see the refs try to take the game from the steelers and give it to the colts. It made me sick watching it but the game was so great i couldnt' change the channel. I don't think ill ever forget what i saw.

the Whole bettis fumble play looked like it was straight out of a movie, with the look on his face and everything......

I haven't been watching football for nearly as long as the majority of posters on here, but i have never seen an offseason officiated as bad as this one.

why does the league feel like the colts deserve to win??

why do they keep helping them?

Yea on that Bettis play, i was just glad the colt who recoverd the fumble was an idiot. You have 5 teammates around you and you run at the only guy trying to tackle you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back