PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What does Tedy do well anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What does Teddy do well anymore?

In my opinion, the guy is a liability whenever he is on the field. The number 1 problem with our defense is lack of speed. I honestly think opposing coaches love seeing TB out there. You can run at him, and he can no longer cover. We really missed by not drafting David Harris last year. I am not worried about losing Asante as long as we can add speed to the LB position. The NYG corners are below average, and look how good front 7 speed made them look. I know we run a different D (3-4), so speed on the D-Line is not a priority. Our D-Line is an ideal 3-4 line. The benefit of the 3-4 is having the potential for pass rushers coming from anywhere. When 2 of the four LB's can't run, you lose that threat, and your pass defense becomes very vulnerable. We need SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!
Who's Teddy?

I'm not going to deny that Tedy has lost a step but his discipline on the field keeps him in the lineup. He knows what gaps to fill, he can anticipate plays, he knows the D inside and out. It is sad that he isn't the ballhawk he used to be. When he swatted the ball in the AFC title game I thought it was another player :)

Good post....and that swatting of the ball play against Gates.....Classic Tedy and something he CAN STILL do!!!!!....Yes he has lost a step, but he led the team in tackles last year and is STILL VERY GOOD!!!! I am psyched to see him back!!! GO TEDY...GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!

I thiink you are overestimating what his tackle totals mean. Watch the games (I have many times). Teams were running at him all year. Of course his tackle totals will be up there.

How many LB's has TB been able to teach our system? Beisel, Brown, Alexander, Woods, Mayes, Rogers, Mincey, etc. When has he ever shown the ability to be able to do this?

I am still waiting for 3 impact plays he made all year..

You are still friggin waiting for 3 impact plays he made LAST year??? Dude....you can't be a true Patriots fan.........wow.....

You are still friggin waiting for 3 impact plays he made LAST year??? Dude....you can't be a true Patriots fan.........wow.....

Why not? It's a perfectly legitimate question. This isn't some sort of loyalty litmus test.

Why not? It's a perfectly legitimate question. This isn't some sort of loyalty litmus test.

Ok Jack......here is #1....The slap away against Gates in the AFC championship game that kept him out of the endzone.......He also led the team in tackles this past year with 99 or 100 right Jack? maybe others can provide some more KEY plays that Tedy made.......I don't have time to pour over all the tapes right now.........So you would rather he retire then Jackie? I'm glad he didn't......still feel like he has a little left in the tank.....GO PATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back