PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What does Fargas re-signing do to the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONLYJerseypatsfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So is McFadden going to drop to at least the Jets or do you think the Raiders are focusing on a trade with the Cowboys? No way they would resign Fargas if they thought they were gonna get McFadden

Re: What does Fargas resigning do to the draft?

I could see McFadden dropping to us and beyond. Someone could take him earlier but he's a RB from a weird system and it's such a deep year for RB that teams can not trade up, or wait until round 2, and still get a good RB; less explosive but more of a proven RB in terms of scheme and running from pro running formations. I could see McFadden going anywhere from #3 to about ten picks lower.

I agree with Belichick fan, but there's something that might offset the deep RB argument - Adrian Peterson's success. The Vikings took AP even when they had a pretty good RB in Chester Taylor, and it made them that much better. Other teams, like Atlanta, might think he's worth it. It'll somewhat depend on how much the teams believe the hype.

No running back in this draft is comparable to Adrian Peterson. Mayock has argued that none of them rate a top-10 pick, and that McFadden is woefully overrated (lacks certain fundamental instincts, goes down too easily, etc.).

Its funny....I can see why I would never make it as a GM...I have to repeatedly remind myself that the only reason McFadden is such a sexy pick right now is because of the "Peterson" effect.

Do you guys think there is a Linebacker in the Willis/Hawk mold in this years draft?

Its funny....I can see why I would never make it as a GM...I have to repeatedly remind myself that the only reason McFadden is such a sexy pick right now is because of the "Peterson" effect.

The "Peterson effect" would only bother me if it was the Patriots who were picking him. If DM slips to us and we convince some other team to give us a haul to trade up and pick him at #7 (the same place AP was picked) than the "Peterson effect" was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Patriots. Paging Jerry Jones.

The "Peterson effect" would only bother me if it was the Patriots who were picking him. If DM slips to us and we convince some other team to give us a haul to trade up and pick him at #7 (the same place AP was picked) than the "Peterson effect" was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Patriots. Paging Jerry Jones.

Im thinking The raiders have already paged jerry jones, which is why they resigned fargas

I was hoping that Fargas would make it to the open market. Also, re-signing Fargas probably means that either Rhodes or Jordan will be released.

I was hoping that Fargas would make it to the open market. Also, re-signing Fargas probably means that either Rhodes or Jordan will be released.

Jordan if healthy would be a good additoin to the Patriots.
Maroney is not too good as a short yardage runner.
Jordan would be a good addition if the price was right.
Then again, I could see him going back to the Jets.

Who would want to go back to the jets, but i'm sorry did Sammy Morris like evaporate cause he was a great short yardage back.

You could see Davis resigning Fargas to screw with Kiffin. Wanna bet that their first pick is on def. to really screw with Kiffin. "You're not going to resign, well then say hello to your #1 draft on def. to help your old buddy Rob Ryan."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes