PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What does Branch have up his sleeve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Missed some of the pregame..but heard a reference to Borges..saying that he knew Branch had something up his sleeve. Leave it to HIM to get inside information from Chuyut..anyone hear what it was?? Or possibilities??

I caught the same thing, but he never mentioned it. all he said was that there was no way Deion will be back for the Buffalo game. and Tanguay said something like "if we are to trust a longtime football guy like Ron Borges, something is going to happen by tomorrow". So it is either a trade, or Deion comes out and says no more negotiations, see you in week 10.

R_T26 said:
Tanguay said something like "if we are to trust a longtime football guy like Ron Borges, something is going to happen by tomorrow". So it is either a trade, or Deion comes out and says no more negotiations, see you in week 10.

this was a joke, right? my 12 yr old nephew knows something is going to happen by tomorrow.... wow, maybe borges and my nephew have the same access to stories.

Last edited:
R_T26 said:
I caught the same thing, but he never mentioned it. all he said was that there was no way Deion will be back for the Buffalo game. and Tanguay said something like "if we are to trust a longtime football guy like Ron Borges, something is going to happen by tomorrow". So it is either a trade, or Deion comes out and says no more negotiations, see you in week 10.

I've highlighted the logical fallacy for you.

Krafts, I BEG you please fire every one of your flagship radio station's pre/post game commentators. Do it NOW!

Last edited:
I don't like it.

Borges is a jackass and an know-nothing, true. And he's known for making predictions based on inside information when it turns out he's just talking out of his ass...

...but I don't think even he would say something like this when he could be proven full of sh** the very next afternoon if he wasn't going on anything.

Pat_Nasty said:
I don't like it.

Borges is a jackass and an know-nothing, true. And he's known for making predictions based on inside information when it turns out he's just talking out of his ass...

...but I don't think even he would say something like this when he could be proven full of sh** the very next afternoon if he wasn't going on anything.

Why not?
The guy has SO many wiffs, whay not add another?
He feasts on controversey NOT on factual reporting.

Pat_Nasty said:

I think that's a risk he is willing to take if it means saying something bad about the Pats.

He was just about the only reporter who was trumpetting for Branch, thus the only reporter Chayut wanted to speak to.

Since he is bashing the team (which is all he does) I certainly believe he is getting inside info.

This sucks, but if Branch chooses this route, then f%&k him!

I hope you guys are right.

Branch is probably "rolling up his sleeves" to get a real job.
He was insulted buy a multimillion dollar offer(while stiill under a contract he signed)
I hope he get's a job at walmart.
Have no respect for the man and can never root for him if resigned.

Pats726 said:
Missed some of the pregame..but heard a reference to Borges..saying that he knew Branch had something up his sleeve. Leave it to HIM to get inside information from Chuyut..anyone hear what it was?? Or possibilities??

If branch has anything up his sleeve it's that,
Another club would give him more $$$$ than the Pats offered,but wouldn't give up the Draft picks to trade for him!
Branch and His agent(thinks he's a free agent)
If he ever comes back the pats at any point in the season,IMO-special teams only!!!!

Did Borges actually use the words "Branch has something up his sleaves"?

With the rules the way they are, there is nothing he can have up his sleeve.

I guess he could retire from football altogether.

Here is something I caught from my CBS Sportsline. Is Borges associated with this at all?

News: CBS SportsLine.com has learned that WR Deion Branch, holding out of Patriots camp, is planning a return to the team within a week, according to a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity but does have knowledge of the situation. The source said Branch wants to "pull a T.O." and do whatever it takes to force the team to trade him, release him or not franchise tag him. Branch is in the final year of his contract, which pays him a little over $1 million -- a bargain considering the salaries of players around the league with a profile as high as Branch. The Patriots recently gave Branch time to seek a trade with another club, but as of now no trade is expected to happen.

PatsWorldChamps said:
this was a joke, right? my 12 yr old nephew knows something is going to happen by tomorrow.... wow, maybe borges and my nephew have the same access to stories.

Is your nephew a bitter twisted old man?

Old 'news,' sorry, if indeed it is.

QB12

inconspicuosly I'mronborges is absent tonight. Just an observation because lies and enuendo's are the way of the "real media" according to him.

Can't help but wonder!

Pat_Nasty said:

I beg to differ with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye