PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

''What Does Brady Think Of This Off Season''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm real curious to know what Brady thinks of this offseason.He hasn't said anything lately.I know the Pats are going to kick some major Ass nexy year.

IMO he's probably a bit annoyed that we lost Givens but pleased we got a capable WR to replace him..

Brady#12 said:
IMO he's probably a bit annoyed that we lost Givens but pleased we got a capable WR to replace him..

:wha:

I believe you are half right. I'm sure he is disappointed to lose the guy he counted on to finish his game winning drives. And I'm sure he realizes that losing a club house presence like Willie just ups his leadership workload too.

He invested a lot of time and effort in helping Givens develop, and that one has to really sting. I'm sure he will say that it is a business, and he is confident they will find a player or players to replace David's production, but he knows what it takes to build the necessary rapore with these guys to be able to execute this offense with consistency. In this offense WR don't just have to get seperation or run precise routes - you have to see what he sees when he adjusts pre and post snap and be capable of adjusting on the fly as well. That takes time - even after 3 years Branch and Givens still struggled occasionally with that aspect of our game at times. As does an otherwise bright and immensely talented TE like Watson.

Regarding Givens, he seemed to be the one who had route mixups with Brady more than others. Watson would be second although last year was his first year playing so that's more understandable.

For the question in general - of all people, Brady probably trusts Belichick to do the right thing for the team, short term and long term, more than anyone out there. He probably has a LOT more insight into the departures than we do.

He's probably thinking he has to find a way to step up even more as a QB, Captain, and receiver mentor...this I am certain.

MoLewisrocks said:
:wha:

I believe you are half right. I'm sure he is disappointed to lose the guy he counted on to finish his game winning drives. And I'm sure he realizes that losing a club house presence like Willie just ups his leadership workload too.

He invested a lot of time and effort in helping Givens develop, and that one has to really sting. I'm sure he will say that it is a business, and he is confident they will find a player or players to replace David's production, but he knows what it takes to build the necessary rapore with these guys to be able to execute this offense with consistency. In this offense WR don't just have to get seperation or run precise routes - you have to see what he sees when he adjusts pre and post snap and be capable of adjusting on the fly as well. That takes time - even after 3 years Branch and Givens still struggled occasionally with that aspect of our game at times. As does an otherwise bright and immensely talented TE like Watson.
You have certainly spelled out the situation about as well as can be done. Thanks !

I think he is thinking there isnt a game to play for over 5 months, and he trusts that by that time the team BB puts together will be good enough to win a SB

AndyJohnson said:
I think he is thinking there isnt a game to play for over 5 months, and he trusts that by that time the team BB puts together will be good enough to win a SB
Yeah, that's the mantra, but how many reinvented teams can BB get to the promised land. Actually, a lot of the 2004 team is still there, but things tend to even out across the league. Three SB wins in the first half of the decade/millennium is great. A fourth this year or next would be phenomenal, IMO.

But why do you think it can NOT be done?? Did you see BB after the Denver game..he was mighty upset..you could feel the steam coming out of his head...he probably locked himself inside a room for a week to review film LOL...My take is he is going to get even and come up strong this year more so than any here can imagine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back