PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What does BB have in mind for the defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't either. Ah well...

And I did all of the above in one post? No wonder I'm tired.

C'mon AJ, doesn't it at least seem that Bill has lost a couple of ticks off his fastball? I really couldn't blame him if he has.
18-1 two seasons ago, 11-5 on Cassell's shoulders, last year was a disappointment, but that can happen when you take your chances with a Galloway or have an Afailius pull his own plug - doesn't look like his curve is hanging yet.

In one post you have
-Shown you do not understand that our defense is based upon a 2gap system, not a 34 alignment.
-Made a judgment of BBs workload and ability to handle it from whereever you are, which isn't anywhere in the vicinity of where you could judge that from
-Attached a psychological deficiency to BB, based upon, again, I don't know what
-Decided that you know who he listens to and why
-Made that out as a reason you can decide better than him how to run a football team
-Butchered any level of understanding of how a team is coached on gameday.
-Decided that you are a better judge of when and who BB should promote and determined that you know more than him

I just don't understand why Bob Kraft doesnt hire to run the show

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thank you Andy, i needed a good laugh this morning

I'm VERY intrigued by BB's decision to assume control of the defense for '10. He's putting his reputation on the line as a defensive guru, for one thing. He obviously was not pleased with the job Pees did. So, I'm wondering if we will see noticeable changes in scheme/philosophy. Will the defense be significantly better this coming season? Will it be more aggressive? Or, will it be the same 3-4 contain philosophy only with better execution? I, for one, have high expectations. What say you?

Good post and many good points. Think about one thing: by improving the pass rush alone, you improve overall defense. Not as tired, not on the field as long, partcularly at the end of a game. Offense back on the field with chance to score. Defensive back play should improve. Add Bill's guiding hand to this mix. A young defensive end(Oldrick) would help as well.

18-1 two seasons ago, 11-5 on Cassell's shoulders, last year was a disappointment, but that can happen when you take your chances with a Galloway or have an Afailius pull his own plug - doesn't look like his curve is hanging yet.

From 18-1 to 11-5 to 10-7: Bill's curve might not be hanging - yet - but folks are starting to catch up to his heat, and his junk isn't fooling them like it used to.

I like the "Afailius" moniker; I wish I'd thought of it.

Last edited:
I like the "Afailius" moniker; I wish I'd thought of it.
Did I say that out loud? Now I'm in for it from the 'no second childhood' police.

For a guy who bunts all the time you should be glad to get an occasional slow pitch. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back