PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you want to learn from reporters at minicamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dearest reporters,

In reports on Zoltan Mesko, I'm particularly curious whether he's still taking the full 3 steps he took in college, which made me nervous about him as a draft pick. If not, that would put his "performance" at rookie camp in a new light.

Anybody else have an observations wish list?

1) Are we going to win the superbowl next year...

lol

2) Curious about the distance between long-snapper and punter.

3) More on defensive guys.

I want to know who are the most competitive guys in camp. IE Who is the next Wes Welker of this group? I want to know if Gronk has punched a cow, or anybody else for that matter. I want to know what it's like to be the Space Emperor (of Space). And finally I'd like to know if Spikes has blown up and/or incapacitated anybody with his defense yet. :D

I want to hear about the mental stuff. Technique and what else can and will be refined, but I want to hear more about these leaders we've drafted and what they're doing differently to Draft classes of yester-year.

My observation wish list is unbiased reporting that doesn't slant things or twist stories around just because the media dislikes Belichick. If the Pats or a player have done something good, then report it as such. Likewise if they screw up, let us know about that also. In a word, get your credibility back.

My observation wish list is unbiased reporting that doesn't slant things or twist stories around just because the media dislikes Belichick. If the Pats or a player have done something good, then report it as such. Likewise if they screw up, let us know about that also. In a word, get your credibility back.

+1 trillion

2) Curious about the distance between long-snapper and punter.

Perhaps the reason of 12 yards vs. the normal 15 yards is to teach how to take one step to 'boom' than his usual 3 steps. That's my guess.

Not much to learn until they are in full-contact.

I'd really like to see some articles on how everyone is meshing or the overall atmosphere in the minicamps.

Is everyone there, is everyone healthy enough to participate, and what positions are guys working at.

Nothing from a perfomrance perspective is really all that useful.

I like that Gronk mentioned the rookies brought a lot of 'intensity' into camp.

We could have used that last year in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back