PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you want from Game 1 next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is one of my first posts since you know what and i guess i've kinda been focusing on other sports just so that day can be fully put to one side in my head, to an extent the decent FA we've had has helped.

Now looking FULLY ahead i want to find out what Pats fans want out of the first game of the 2012 season.

We all know that Tom is going to be Tom, Wes will be Wes, Gronk will be Gronk, Lloyd will be Lloyd etc. and we know that the offense will flourish. What I and I hope most Patriot nation want out of game 1 is a defensive STATEMENT. By that i mean i want us to not give up the minimum 5 30+ yard plays we did all last season and also to look like the run stopping team we did at points last year also. I also want to see HUGE strides in that secondary because quite frankly we couldn't have looked any worse than that and it was the secondary that cost us the SB don't forget.

I know people will point out the Ravens game but i just want to remind you that if not the unbelievable play of Tom, Gronk and Wes ALL SEASON we wouldn't have even been close to getting to Indy, so all i want out of Game no.1 in 2012-13 is DEFENSE.

Last edited:
A Win accompanied by health will be nice.

Aside from that, I'd love to see some evolution in the Defensive execution, and Offensive gameplanning to take advantage of the deep part of the field and the areas outside the numbers. I'll leave the specifics to BB & Co, but improvement overall will be welcomed.

To hurt mario williams so he's out for the year. BOOM!

^ ****ty post.

For word that Welker signed a 3-4yr deal.

^ ****ty post.

For word that Welker signed a 3-4yr deal.

That dude (Mario) is an overpaid loudmouth who is actually built out of glass. I would not be surprised whatsoever if it happened.

Are you suggesting some sort of bounty system being installed in the locker room? :eek:

Haha - no, I'm not sure that the Pats coaching staff would allow that ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
That dude (Mario) is an overpaid loudmouth who is actually built out of glass. I would not be surprised whatsoever if it happened.

Whilst i agree the Mario should shut his mouth and be prepared for a 5 win season i don't wish injury on him because he's talented no doubt however i do see him getting injured at some point.

Wishing any player to get injured for the season is a ****ty thing to say. Except Pollard. Being proud to have knocked several players out of games/seasons is just as bad.

Everyone stay healthy and a good all around team win.

Everyone stay healthy and a good all around team win.

We all want that but i'm talking specifics. For me it's the secondary improving and second a sneak peek of deep threat for Tom.

What do I want from game 1? I want the Pats to play the Jets on SNF and kill them. And 3 things to happen in that game-

Brady to throw at least 4-5 TD's

Brandon Lloyd catches 150+ yards and a couple of TD's

Pats defense turns it around from last year and puts on a show.

A convincing win and no injuries :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots