PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Cold Bruschi

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know we're still in the play off hunt and there are more pressing matters at hand but how are we strapped cap wise going into free agency this year? Do we have any chance of nabbing Terrell Suggs, Julius Peppers, or Nmandi Asomugha?

I know we're still in the play off hunt and there are more pressing matters at hand but how are we strapped cap wise going into free agency this year? Do we have any chance of nabbing Terrell Suggs, Julius Peppers, or Nmandi Asomugha?

No, not really

All 3 will most likely be franchised. I doubt we add any of them.

Peppers might not be franchised, at least thats what a good number of Panther fans believe. Hes really been up and down lately. Add to the fact they just extended Gamble, they're tight on cash.I'm not crazy about Peppers.

Suggs is my binky. I'd die if they put him on this front 7, that just wont happen most likely.

Peppers might not be franchised, at least thats what a good number of Panther fans believe. Hes really been up and down lately. Add to the fact they just extended Gamble, they're tight on cash.I'm not crazy about Peppers.

Suggs is my binky. I'd die if they put him on this front 7, that just wont happen most likely.
Yeah me too, I want Suggs more than any free agent I've ever wanted in the past

Yeah me too, I want Suggs more than any free agent I've ever wanted in the past

That would be awesome, but of course near impossible. I think they can get a good OLB/pass rusher in the draft, maybe Clint Sintim out of UVA, though they should look at CBs first.
lest we forget: three picks in the first two rounds. :)

Don't we have a number of people we need to re-sign too, before worrying about free agents? Is Wilfork's contract up this year or next year?

Where is Peppers supposed to play on this team? Are you thinking that they'll move him to linebacker?

suggs would help......

if the pats weren't going to pay samuel, they're not going to pay asomugha.......

as for peppers................is this a joke?

I'm suprised more people don't want Asomugha. I'd love it if they could pick him up but know they probably wouldn't spend the money he is going to get.

I'm suprised more people don't want Asomugha. I'd love it if they could pick him up but know they probably wouldn't spend the money he is going to get.

I'd kill to get the guy, but I don't see the Raiders letting him go. They will franchise him again. I think he may be the best CB in the league. I am pretty sure he didn't get any language in his franchise tender offer this season that says he cannot be franchised next season.

On that note, does anyone know if Suggs had a no franchise tag in 2009 on his tender this year? I would be happy with either guy.

Can we stop talking about people we have absolutely NO CHANCE of getting!:snob: People all those players are going to command the Highest $$$ at their respective positions. How long have you guys been watching the Patriots and how they operate in FA? They are not going to outbid any Teams for any player. The Players themselves would have to want to come here ie...Colvin and AD. That said Nine times out of Ten the players go to whoever throws them the most $$$ bet on it, it won't be us.

Last edited:
Isn't Julius Peppers a 4-3 one gap DE type? He doesn't look like the 3-4 2 gap type to me.

Last edited:
Can we stop talking about people we have absolutely NO CHANCE of getting!:snob: People all those players are going to command the Highest $$$ at their respective positions. How long have you guys been watching the Patriots and how they operate in FA? They are not going to outbid any Teams for any player. The Players themselves would have to want to come here ie...Colvin and AD. That said Nine times out of Ten the players go to whoever throws them the most $$$ bet on it it won't be us.

Well, Asomugha seems pretty tired of playing for a loser team like the Raiders. He called out his teammates after a loss. He might take a more cap friendly deal to go to a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Suggs might be swayed by AD to come and take a more cap friendly deal like AD did. I don't know if it is impossible that the Pats sign at least those two. It isn't all that likely, but far from impossible.

Well, Asomugha seems pretty tired of playing for a loser team like the Raiders. He called out his teammates after a loss. He might take a more cap friendly deal to go to a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Suggs might be swayed by AD to come and take a more cap friendly deal like AD did. I don't know if it is impossible that the Pats sign at least those two. It isn't all that likely, but far from impossible.

Rob? don't you think Al Davis would have to die for Asomugha to leave the Raiders? Also CB's traditionally make out like bandits if they are tagged. With that said i don't think Asomugha is going anywhere. I am huge fan of Suggs but i just think we are going to have a shot at him. With quite a few Teams playing 3-4 now he might get swayed by the $$$$.

The only one IMO who has any sort of remote chance is Suggs, as BB/Pioli seem most willing to spend FA $ on LB's. It would only happen with a huge NE discount which is very unlikely to happen with this being his big chance at a payday.

Regardless, I think our cap $ would be best served franchising/trading Cassell and to extending Mankins and big Vince

The only one IMO who has any sort of remote chance is Suggs, as BB/Pioli seem most willing to spend FA $ on LB's. It would only happen with a huge NE discount which is very unlikely to happen with this being his big chance at a payday.

Regardless, I think our cap $ would be best served franchising/trading Cassell and to extending Mankins and big Vince

Hey kas..long time dont see.:eek:

Rob? don't you think Al Davis would have to die for Asomugha to leave the Raiders? Also CB's traditionally make out like bandits if they are tagged. With that said i don't think Asomugha is going anywhere. I am huge fan of Suggs but i just think we are going to have a shot at him. With quite a few Teams playing 3-4 now he might get swayed by the $$$$.

Asomugha may try to shoot his way out of town. He clearly doesn't want to be a Raider anymore. As for Davis, who knows what he will do anymore. I wouldn't be shocked if he gave Deltha O'Neal a $10 million a year contract next year. In fact, I fully expect him to do something stupid like that.

As for Suggs, who knows what will motivate him. AD could have gotten more elsewhere, but wanted to play for the Pats. Maybe Suggs will too.

I said it is unlikely either guy will be a Patriots, but you claim there is no shot. I am saying that is wrong. It is unlikely, but unless both are franchised there is at least a slight shot they will be in a Pats' uniform next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes