PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you think Walsh has on the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triple, you seem to know the law. If Walsh broke a state law wouldn't he have to be brought back to the state to be prosecuted? What is the process for doing this? Is the taping law a felony or a misdemeanor, and does that having a bearing? In other words, how much of a practical concern should the threat of prosecution be to Walsh, if he doesn't plan on coming back to Massachusetts?

One other note: the Federal law is single-party consent: in other words, it is legal to tape any conversation to which you are a party, since you are in fact consenting. I also suspect that the Federal law only applies to interstate conversations?

If he is to be prosecuted, and he intends to admit to wiretapping under oath...then he would be summonsed back to Mass to appear in Court. If he does not appear, a warrant will be issued for his arrest. If it is high profile enough, they will go get him.

It is a 5 year state prison Felony.

There is no single party consent in Massachusetts.

i find it very interesting too. Believe it or not. Walsh can't do all of it on his own because he woud do it a long time ago if he could. Somebody must help him.

It was not a coincidence at all when his name showed up on newspaper 2 days before a SB game. Why did his name not appear last Sept or Oct.? Somebody didn't like to see 19-0 Pats.

I agree. Look back to the initial Spygate week after the Jets game. As everything started to settle down, I believe it was Florio (or someone from Profootball talk) who emailed someone from this forum indicating that Spygate was not over as there was going to be a bombshell revealed about SB36. But other than that suggestive morsel, he gave no specifics. Why? How did he know about Walsh?

We never heard anything again about this until the Walsh story broke right before the Superbowl, combined with the Spectre attacks and then finally the repulsive Tomase story on the walkthrough tape, followed by ESPN breathlessly reporting everything as new news even though their reporter Fish had been investigating Walsh for months. These stories were obviously timed to coincide with one another.

I hate to sound like Oliver Stone, but it is also obvious to me that there are some very important people working behind the scenes to hurt the Pats on this. Remember, Walsh never had a leg to stand on until it was coordinated with Spectre to push the NFL to give him immunity. They needed everything to come out at the right time and with the right people getting involved or this would never have seen the light of day. Now Walsh is set up with a high-powered DC attorney. Coincidence?

Promised--I assume you're talking about telephone conversations; I believe the MA law refers to face-to-face conversations.

The Mass law forbids the recording of ANY conversation, whether in person or on the phone without a Blood warrant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey