What do you think of these names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter
Michael Huff

Both here heavily scouted by us, the Patriots fans, before the 2006 draft, and both are thought to be available. Both fill a position of major need. Would the Patriots be interested if the asking price was right?

I'd say no on Huff, he has a big rookie contract, and was bounced around between SS and CB a little too much for my liking.

Carpenter on the other hand intrigues me. As a rookie, he saw little time early on, but looked to be coming on a bit over the last month of the season. When Parcells left, Carpenter got buried on the Cowboys depth chart, and has been relegated to mostly special teams duty. Was it a system issue? Character issue maybe? If, suppose, Darren McFadden falls to #7, and the Cowboys want to trade, would you take Carpenter as a throw in to even out the trade value?

Bobby Carpenter
Michael Huff

Both here heavily scouted by us, the Patriots fans, before the 2006 draft

You had me with the first part. The second part is where you lost me.

Huff's an automatic no because of the contract. But Carpenter could be added for depth or for special teams, but I really dont see him being a great enough player for us to eventually want to lean on him as a starter. And we've got backups who are probably every bit as good as him. LBs are the bread and butter of this team. And if he wasnt stud enough to be a difference maker in Dallas with a LB-lover like Parcells, then he wont cut in NE either.

I think the former may be OK..but with the contract a no is what is needed for the latter.

Carpenter could be an interesting add to this team.

Carpenter for a 4th would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back