PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you think of the Maroney pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
What do you think of the Maroney pick?

edit: There was supposed to be a poll with this thread but the site server crashed when I tried to post it. Too many of us trying to react to the pick, I guess! Anyway, I'll post the poll in a separate thread.

Last edited:
Greatest pick ever.

i like it..hes faster than Williams..hes agile..cuts on dimes..very fast..sees the hole and gets through. only concern is was Minnesota's offense scheme that made him that good?

This sucks. A RB. I would have vastly prefered a defensive guy.

Why not trade down and take this guy.

They just ruined my afternoon.

I have no problem with this pick, quite like it really. Now Lets get Stovall or Marshall in round 2!!!!!

I feel as if I were just punched in the gut. Terrible pick. I think we could have got him in we traded up in the second round.

I love this pick. We need youth at RB desperately.

I like it

says alot about how the offence isnt going to be soly on bradys shoulders any more

I think it is surprising.

I think it fills a need - maybe not the biggest need but clearly a #2 RB and an heir apparent was a hole we needed to plug.

I think he's going to be a contributor this year and then the starter for 2007 and beyond.

I'm not going to complain about it at all.

Moreny was gone to the Jets or Colts so a trade down was out of the question.

I think it shows that we're definitely pulling in either Walker or Lelei (sp) to fill the WR void. I like the pick.

Maybe Dillon starts being used more like Bettis has been used with the Steelers, a shorter yardage guy with the channgup in Maroney.

Last edited:
I like this trade a lot.

Nice!!!

I am happy with this pick. And, we can ease him in will Dillon.

i thought RB was 3rd need after WR & OLB, BB must feel those sport will be available later in the draft.

Just keep drink ing the kool aid & relax

Dillon's gonna be cranky about this.

This was a great pick and the one I wanted. Maroney has the size to handle the AFC East pounding and he has the speed. I trust Bill and Scott on this one. I'm not sure who could argue this pick because it was sickning watching our Running game last year. Sure Dillion might have been injured, he might be somewhat better this year, but I feel he has defenitely seen his better years.

I hate the pick at #21. Poor value...He doesn't have a RB body IMo...to lanky and skinny. BUT..In BB we trust.

I love it. I thought we would go RB all along, though I thought it would be Williams.

Clearly BB viewed RB as a need. Now maybe all the Dillon apologists can get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes