Welcome to PatsFans.com

What Do You Take To Bed With You?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

2/3rds of Americans sleep with their cell phone on or next to their bed according to a PEW survey. The number rises to 90% for those aged 18-29.

Do You Sleep with Your Cell Phone? Most Americans Do, Study Finds - DailyFinance

I'm unsure why this is surprising - and I think it's a bit misleading, as well.

I mean, after all, haven't most of us (except for maybe the most aged amongst us) grown up with a telephone, if not in our own room as children, in our parent's bedroom? And weren't those phones "turned on" at all times?

What's the difference if it's a cell phone or a land-line? A phone next to the bed is a phone next to the bed, isn't it?

And one more question, please. Do all of you cell phone owners also keep a land line in the house or do you rely on your cell only for all phone communication? Just curious. It seems to me like most older people have both while the younger generation is content to do without the land line.
  2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I sleep with my cell phone in my pants, doesn't everybody?
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +661 / 2 / -9

Your right, I'm old and I keep both.
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I used to keep a land line in my pants, too, but I got rid of it.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +661 / 2 / -9

Your right, I'm old and I keep both (Land & Cell) I have a land in every room, especially the bathroom, years ago without fail everytime I went to the bathroom the god damn phone would ring.

I used to say to my company "want to see me make my phone ring" then I would go sit on the toilet, the phone would ring, my life has been no bed of roses.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,039 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Land line next to the bed ... that's kind of old school I guess but it applys to me.

I keep the land line but I don't give it out anymore ... My wife and I give our cell phone numbers to doctors, schools ... etc ... just works better that way because it eliminates the answering machine which is very impersonal IMO.