PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you guys think of Peppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Being in Carolina I see all their games. He the best in the NFC in my mind. The Panthers have underachieved as a team this year except for his play.
How would you compare Seymour to him ?

they play 2 different types of DE..3-4 DE eats up blockers and is a lot bigger..4-3 ends are usually pass rushers and smaller

Seymour: 310 pounds
Peppers: 285 pounds

most 3-4 DEs are built like DTs..between 295-320 pounds

4-3 ends are 265-285 with speed

cant really compare them..seymour would be a DT in a 4-3

Peppers is a beast however..best DL in league..and then Seymour behind him

I know they play a little different on defense.Peppers uses his speed. I heard he was a good collage BB player as well.

I know Theisman compared him to Laurence Taylor tonight...hmmmm, dunno about that but he is fast and big, I would love to see him on a Patriots uniform...:D

He's very good, but I still can't forget Graham pancaking him a few times in the SB on the wham blocks ;)

Being in Carolina I see all their games. He the best in the NFC in my mind. The Panthers have underachieved as a team this year except for his play.
How would you compare Seymour to him ?

I wouldn't compare him to Seymour, different players... but I think Peppers is a rare talent, like a Merriman but bigger. If he played for the Pats they could use him at OLB similar to how McGinest was used. He is athetic enough to drop into coverage within a limited area and would create an almost unblockable front 4 (Peppers, Warren, Wilfok, Seymour). The Pats would get very strong pressure from just the front four creating free lanes to the QB for LBs and Safeties when blitzing.

It would be truly awesome, but I digress....

Peppers is a rare athlete. He is unbelievable fast for a guy his size. He has also played wide receiver for Carolina in some formations. I love Seymour but I would trade him even up for Peppers.

Last edited:
I know Theisman compared him to Laurence Taylor tonight...hmmmm, dunno about that but he is fast and big, I would love to see him on a Patriots uniform...:D

He wouldn't fit our system though. He would be undersized for a 3-4 DE. Plus I'm not sure he'd be all that great in a 2 gap system. Maybe if he slimmed down a bit he could play the elephant role that McGinest used to??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes