PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you expect to see in the Browns game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jct

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
1) Browns Offense about 11th in the league in yards. So they are OK and possibly dangerous. They did beat what we thought was a decent defense in Baltimore. So we can't look past these guys. I do expect Rodney to return with a spark and that will help everyone play better. I think we can see Samuel getting 6-10 INTS over the season (he has 2 now).
2) Browns defense about 30th gives up a lot of yards. A lot of run yards and a lot of pass yards. I predict another balanced attack with another 150 yd run day and about 250+yds passing. Maroney returning, Eckel to PS. Jump out to earlier 2 TD lead I hope. Probably all 4th quarter will just be Cassel and a run game.
3) Warm welcome for Romeo and McGinest they are heroes and most wish them well. I do not see us running up the score more than necessary on purpose.
Your thoughts...

I expect to see Maroney and Stallworth finally get into some pay dirt. :D

I expect a running game to be established. Last night the defense took down one of the top offenses in the game, so I believe they will be able to do much the same to the Browns.

I of course expect a victory as well.

I expect to see the Patriots score 38 points damnit. None of this 34 point stuff.

The Browns are getting their yards on big plays - we don't give up a lot of big plays. I doubt we give up more than 10 points, 13 max. Sure Anderson has a good arm but he's also near the bottom of the league in completion%. I expect lots of 3rd and longs for the Browns.

I expect our offense to do pretty much what it wants.

I know I sound like a simplistic homer but I expect a win of about 37-10.

Domination.

Hopefully we get some sacks. While we seemed to pressure Carson Palmer yesterday, we only had one sack on him and that was in the opening drive. I don't know much about the new Browns QB, but from I have seen in the state, he has only been sacked twice in 3-plus games. Even with the protection, he is only averaging a 53 percent completion percentage. If we hit him enough, he is going to have a tough time completing anything.

They're a juggernaut....the Browns that is. You do realize that they have the best record of all the Pats opponents to date (2-2) while all the others are 1-3..................

The Brownies actually has a pretty solid O-line. Braylon Edwards is a flat out stud too. Gotta watch out for him.

Pain.

[/Clubber Lang]

Regards,
Chris

They're a juggernaut....the Browns that is. You do realize that they have the best record of all the Pats opponents to date (2-2) while all the others are 1-3..................

And after we beat them they will be 2-3 and the media will be saying we haven't played a team with a winning record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes