PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you expect to see in the Bengals game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly uniforms.

I expect it to look a lot like Gen. Custer at Little Big Horn.
You guys are the indians.

Right now, I think the Patriots' offense is beyond "take what the defense gives us." They take what they want. They'll probably go with their base 3-wide offense a lot, do whatever they want, and score a bunch of points. Pass, run, doesn't matter.

The test on the other side of the ball will be interesting. I *think* the Patriots will do well, but we can't be sure until we see them do it. If I had to guess, I'd say the Bengals will score some and move the ball decently, but not enough to really challenge the game. But, hell, the Pats D could be really good and this'll be another blowout. Hard to know.

The only expectation I have is a win (but I expect that every week :D ). I can, however, tell you what I'd like to see. I'd like to see Brady throw for four touchdowns and Maroney pick up a score on the ground (or Brady's first five TD game). Imagine that, fourteen touchdowns through a quarter of the season! That would be unbelievable, but it's a very real possibility in a game that I think Belichick will want to score a lot to have a safe margin (or that could be a shoot out).

I don't think that Brady will come out in a shotgun spread formation, or that they will be pass happy to begin with unless Belichick feels that he knows something about Palmer no one else does. Unless he can almost guarantee that he can put the hurt on, he'll respect the Bengals O and try a little bit of a ball control, balanced offense.

I can't wait for this game, I think it's gonna be a lot of fun.

A great deal of nickle and dime packages by the Pats D from two, three and four man fronts.

I expect it to look a lot like Gen. Custer at Little Big Horn.
You guys are the indians.

Oi!

Who invited the Cincy Bengal? :p

The Cincy offense is definitely powerful on paper, though it should be noted that Belichicks speciality is taking away half of the oppositions game plan - normally the running game.

Without a healthy, confident Rudi johnson in the backfield I can't see the Bengals running for any other purpose other than to avoid selling out on the pass and getting Carson continually creamed behind the LOS.

To my mind, the Bengals are trying to imitate the Colts in their whole philosophy (on the field) with a high calibre QB, 3 potent WR's (the 3rd being out of football at this point) and a RB capable of steady forward progress (injured, as mentioned above).

Their D is also geared around the Colts philosophy of smaller, quicker players who are quick to converge on the ball - creating turnovers and the like.

Last year teams like the Colts were able to sell out on stopping our running game because we didn't have the horses capable of hurting them deep on a regular basis - this year is different.

Winning the turnover battle by at least 3 appears to be the only realistic way for the Bengals to hang with the Patriots on MNF.

First off we need to give the Bengals some respect.
They have a ProBowl QB and maybe the best WR in the game.
Explosive offensive.
They are dangerous.

I expect we will run at them to open up the pass.
I think they have been allowing 5+ yards per run.
So I wouldn't be surprised to see 30 carries and 200 or so yards on the ground. That will also control the clock and keep that offense on the bench.

I think they just might give us our best challenge yet...
Pats 45 Bengals 21

I say the patriots have 38 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back