PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you expect the Steelers to throw at us Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All this blueprint talk is funny to me. Isn't rattle the quarterback, run hard, and hit hard the blueprint to beat ANY team? Being as this is what Pittsburgh is expected to do every week, and that we were able to overcome a physical team playing 52 minutes of inspired ball, does anyone else think the Steelers might throw something drastically different at us this week.

I personally expect the Steelers to mimic Philly's offensive gameplan, run 4 wide and utilize Parker more as a reciever than out of the backfield.

I expect a lot of hot air ,tears, whining, post-game negative talk, the latest buzzword, and another Pats win.

The Steelers D is stout, and I expect LeBeau to hide his hot LBs with well-timed blitzes on certain plays. Harrison is going to pose problems and if Polamalu plays, the Pats will need to keep a RB in to block in many cases. This means hot reads by Brady will be necessary to stop Pittsburgh's defensive movement. I see quick outs, redirected screens, and throws over the middle to Watson and Welker.

As for the Pats D, they'll need to watch Ben R as he's gotten over the tendency to telegraph his reads and throws. While this offense isn't burning up the league, they are balanced enough to pose a problem if the Pats run defense continues to have issues. I see the Steelers attempting to exploit the middle of the field. I see the Pats planning to stop Parker, and making the Steelers pass more than they want. They are capable of doing this despite what they experienced against the Ravens on Monday.

Should be a good game, but if Brady gets good reads and open receivers, it could be higher scoring than most are predicting. Polamalu's presence could be the difference between a close game and a route.

I'm hoping it's the ball, often - Roethlisberger to Samuel.

But that's just me.

I am expecting to see some more of that "blueprint" that everyone is talking about and when I say "blueprint" I mean holding.

Last edited:
After all the conspiracy talk following Monday's game I'm more concerened about what the officiating crew will be throwing at them.

The Steelers D is stout, and I expect LeBeau to hide his hot LBs with well-timed blitzes on certain plays. Harrison is going to pose problems and if Polamalu plays, the Pats will need to keep a RB in to block in many cases. This means hot reads by Brady will be necessary to stop Pittsburgh's defensive movement. I see quick outs, redirected screens, and throws over the middle to Watson and Welker.

As for the Pats D, they'll need to watch Ben R as he's gotten over the tendency to telegraph his reads and throws. While this offense isn't burning up the league, they are balanced enough to pose a problem if the Pats run defense continues to have issues. I see the Steelers attempting to exploit the middle of the field. I see the Pats planning to stop Parker, and making the Steelers pass more than they want. They are capable of doing this despite what they experienced against the Ravens on Monday.

Should be a good game, but if Brady gets good reads and open receivers, it could be higher scoring than most are predicting. Polamalu's presence could be the difference between a close game and a route.

Awesome points.

The Steelers will be blitzing often and obviously give us different looks at the line. Bill knows LeBeau. They will create problems throughout the game for us by putting the heat on Tom consistently- some safety action etc. The Steelers secondary will be pumped to play our pass-happy offense too. They will take chances and gamble on INT's. Our recievers need to smoke these guys on their routes. I see big games for Welker, Watson,Stallworth and some big plays from Randy. Our Offensive Line needs to play consitently with intensity and intelligence. Ben Watson will have a big game. Welker will get some quickies....we will dominate their defense all night long if we play SMART.

I see the Squeelers busting some big yardage plays by going deep (chinky face)-I see us doing the same. They will have to foul our recievers-I see them penalized quite a bit. I also see our defense beating the shiznit out of Rothlisbooger all afternoon! We will jam Parker too.

Im totally psyched!

On offense, a lot of TE up the middle stuff to losen up the safeties and take advantage of your linebackers speed. Parker on a lot of outside stuff.

On D, expect the safeties to let recievers make some over the middle catches early and try to get the huge hits on them. Taylor will cover moss like he did last year, A.Smith probably will be his bracket safety most of the time. Townsend will get Welker most of the time. Mcfadden will take Stallworth as usual a lot of disguised coverage and blitzes. as they have done with most of the big time passing teams this year, they will play a lot of tight coverage and fake blitzes most often. they will play a lot of nickel especially if Troy plays

Q: What do I expect the Stealers to throw at us?

A: Everything, including this.

12827.jpg

I am expecting to see some more of that "blueprint" that everyone is talking about and when I say "blueprint" I mean holding.

You beat me to it.

Keep cheating on every play until the refs remove their heads from their ass.

Helluva blueprint.

On offense, a lot of TE up the middle stuff to losen up the safeties and take advantage of your linebackers speed. Parker on a lot of outside stuff.

On D, expect the safeties to let recievers make some over the middle catches early and try to get the huge hits on them. Taylor will cover moss like he did last year, A.Smith probably will be his bracket safety most of the time. Townsend will get Welker most of the time. Mcfadden will take Stallworth as usual a lot of disguised coverage and blitzes. as they have done with most of the big time passing teams this year, they will play a lot of tight coverage and fake blitzes most often. they will play a lot of nickel especially if Troy plays

heh...oh no!!! ...how will we ever wee-un??????

yeah...well...nice write-up but lets be real here...you'll be bringing THE SAME DEFENSE YOU BROUGHT AGAINST THE JETS.

you DO remember the NY Jets....team in green...a few weeks back?? were 2-8 at the time?

I see the Squeelers busting some big yardage plays by going deep (chinky face)-I see us doing the same.

Nice post for the most part, but... whaaaaa?????? The dude is half-Korean.

I expect them to throw:

towel%2002_a.jpg

I am expecting a whole lot more excuses.

On offense: A balanced attack to keep Rodney out of the box. Our front seven is not good against the run. If Rodney starts to creep down, Rothlesshogg will try and drop him back with something deep. Keep Tom and Co off the field with long controlled drives. Lots of pressure on Parker to consistently churn out 4 yards a pop to keep the game plan together.

If the Pats jump out quick by 14 or more, this will get ugly for the Squeelers.

On defense: Lots of blitzes...overload the right side of our line. No concern for the run. They will take slow drives centered on a running attack. They will take a Parker versus Maroney battle. Advantage: Parker.

Pitts biggest nightmare will be to have to play from behind. Once a team becomes one dimensional against the Pats, its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes