PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do ya'll feel about this whole Bonds/Aaron issue

Aaron is all torked off that Bonds is breaking the record and unlike him, didn't have to play for the Milwaukee Brewers for afew meaningless, pathetic years to help pad his home run stats. If Bonds played for the Red Sox, he'd be a friggin God in this town, talk about two faced sports fans.

You guys who piss and moan over the fact that Bonds cheated are beyond comical. How many friggin Olympic gold medals were won and world records set by people tanked up on illegal drugs, what are you going to do, strip all those medals and records?

What are you going to do when you find out Ricky Henderson stole all those bases hocked up on uppers so he could run faster, the gap toothed ballbag DE for the Giants broke the single season sack record jacked up on the sauce?

Here's a news flash for everyone; professionals cheat, deal with it. Arnold won all those Mr Olympia titles by taking Weider supplements, not steriods you know. I can say this because I used to take Weider supplements and at one time was as big as Arnold, yeah, sure I was.......Christ this is comical, it really is.........[/QUOTE
So true. Some people i think are just looking for a reason to hate somebody. Some people in this post have anger towards Bonds like he was the one your wife cheated on you with. Its kind of funny.

Sorry but i have followed Bonds since the day he was drafted. I always liked him. If i remember right didn't Big Papi say he might have taken steroids a long time ago and might not have known he did. What makes it different. Bonds didn't admitt to anything, thats why there is an investagation genius. Bonds didn't say anything really different then what Papi said. I bet if Papi got caught using steroids you would be o.k with it, because he is your Boston bend over buddy. Your a joke Bro. Go Barry break the record. Can't wait for Bonds to rock your whole pitching staff this up coming series.

Um, the Giants already played the Sox. The Sox swept them. Bonds hit a meaningless home run, striking out without swinging in his biggest at-bat.

I was a big fan of Bonds's game before he bulked up. I mocked anyone who argued McGwire the player of the decade in the 90s (though you could argue Griffey and I might agree), as his couple seasons of huge home run totals at the end did nothing to convince me he was half the player Bonds was. Some of us liked him before he became a surly cheater and have since altered our opinions.

And bringing up Papi's comments is disingenuous at best, stupidity at worst. Papi was commenting on the lack of oversight on suppliments in Latin American countries. There's a reason why most guys who have failed tests were Latino, and he was discussing that reason. There's a big difference between using GNC suppliments that may be tainted and being on a regular PED schedule from a drug lab.

Yeah, it's beyond funny, friggin pathetic is more like it. I was a fan of Bobby Bonds and the Giants as a kid, the Giants are and always will be my second favorite team behind the Red Sox, after the Giants, it's the Pirates, loved them in the 1970's with Willie, Rene, Kent, Phil, Manny, all of those guys, what a great team they had.

Can't wait for Bonds to break the record, it's going to be terrific to see.............

Um, the Giants already played the Sox. The Sox swept them. Bonds hit a meaningless home run, striking out without swinging in his biggest at-bat.

I was a big fan of Bonds's game before he bulked up. I mocked anyone who argued McGwire the player of the decade in the 90s (though you could argue Griffey and I might agree), as his couple seasons of huge home run totals at the end did nothing to convince me he was half the player Bonds was. Some of us liked him before he became a surly cheater and have since altered our opinions.

And bringing up Papi's comments is disingenuous at best, stupidity at worst. Papi was commenting on the lack of oversight on suppliments in Latin American countries. There's a reason why most guys who have failed tests were Latino, and he was discussing that reason. There's a big difference between using GNC suppliments that may be tainted and being on a regular PED schedule from a drug lab.

My bad i thought the Sox were out west for some reason this weekend.( just looked its the Yanks out there) The point i was making was that if it was Papi it would would probably be o.k. Like someone said if Bonds was a Sox he would be a god. Are you sure that homer was meaningless. Maybe in that game but it brought him one closer to the record. Every Bonds homer is meaningful at this point. To hit homers there is more than power needed. Most needed is technique. Power helps but has nothing to do with hand-eye accordination, and technique. So if Bonds did use, it didn't help him in what he needed most to hit those HR'S.

Yeah, it's beyond funny, friggin pathetic is more like it. I was a fan of Bobby Bonds and the Giants as a kid, the Giants are and always will be my second favorite team behind the Red Sox, after the Giants, it's the Pirates, loved them in the 1970's with Willie, Rene, Kent, Phil, Manny, all of those guys, what a great team they had.

Can't wait for Bonds to break the record, it's going to be terrific to see.............

I'm a Mets fan. The Devil Rays believe it or not have become my second favorite team, then the Giants. I lived right across the street of Tropicana field and went to most of the D-Rays games for those 2 years. The Pirates have a good team, even though they are struggling. Snell is awesome. I love Nady he is my favorite Pirate, he's actually on my fantasy team, and kicking butt. I have Capps as one of my closers also. Nady has been down this week though, but hope he breaks out again tonight. I also like Duffy and Bay.

Bonds has done it artificially. Any photos of him from ten-fifteen years ago will show him as about 30 lbs. lighter. He's been doping for most of these past years. No doubts about that whatsoever. He doesn't directly deny it, either. Whatever he says is along the lines of "I have not done anything differently from anyone else." Not good enough.

Then, so have many (most?) of the others in the league. Look at their physiques. Then look at guys from more than 20 years ago. Even beloved Ted Williams never had the kind of body these guys have. Nor did DiMaggio, nor most of the rest. Mantle was naturally built with bulk, so he was different.

What Bonds has done is wrong, imo, but since so many others have been doing it (McGwire, Canseco, many more, etc.), the only option is to put this era into a different category: something like "with medical enhancements", and leave the original era as "natural, with no enhancements" era.

//

Very good points; did you see all the ballwashing going on in Texas when that fraud Sosa hit his 600th home run? Bad enough the guy was on the sauce, but he used a corked bat on top of it.

They showed his first ever home run when he was with the White Sox; he looked like a stick figure compared to the way he looked with the
Cubs...........

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back