PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do we do with our 4 third rounders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilbert was 288 at the combine and at his Pro-Day. Gilbert would have to add about 5-10 lbs and its not that tough. Also, from what I heart, Gilbert lost some weight prior to the combine.

So, I have to disagree with you that he's not a 3-4 DE.

I concur!

& are we drafting a punter with one of our 4th's?

Well, looking at the pre-draft rankings (they've been pretty decent - except of course for Vollmer!) very good talent remains at -

RB - only 4 drafted so far. Several backs with 2nd round numbers remain -

G - only 2 taken. Duke Robinson, rated by some as the best G in draft other than Unger is still there.

TE - only 2 picked from what was said to be a strong group. Nelson, Cook, Coffman, Ingram, all still out there. Some of those guys were considered close to 1st round talent.

ILB - only 2 taken. Not the strong position in this year's draft but a number of these dudes were expected to be gone by now.

QB - Only White went after the 1st round, 4 total so far.

DE - 7 taken but this is a group usually tapped early, still some highly graded guys like Gilbert, Sidbury and Johnson left.

So...if we don't trade, my guess is G, RB, TE, DE, in that order in the 3rd.

Great post with a lot of great info... I'd like to take a flier on Gilbert and Duke.. We need to build or depth on both sides of the line..

Johnson LB from Georgia Tech intrigues me but is he really worth it? Instead of using a pick on him, would you rather see us use that pick to move up in the 3rd round and guarantee us Duke or Gilbert?

Ala Randy Moss, hopefully we can trade a fourth rounder or two for Chad Johnson.

Id say Robinsom/Lang and Brinkley would be good

But knowing BB it could be anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back