PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do the talking heads conjure up tomorrow night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Isn't this game like the Talking Heads' last shot at having any credibility in predicting a Patriots loss? I mean, it's kind of chic to pick opponents of the Pats because you become a celebrity, an anti-terrorist, and in the Steelers you can even claim that your pick is credible. Sure, they are credible. They may be picking the Steelers for all the wrong reasons, but they can still hide behind a pretty good team, and a pick that they can claim is objective. We know they're liars who just want to see us lose, but what the hell, it's the Steelers, a pretty good team. Faux credibility lives one more day.

But what if the Steelers lose? What the hell do these geniuses say about the remainder of teams on our schedule? In their world the Steelers are the last Great White Hope because there just ain't no mo hope better than the Steelers. This is their Alamo. It's all or nothing. This is Custer's Last Stand. This is Napoleon's Waterloo. If history repeats itself, they are finished as talking heads with any hope or credibility.

Suits them fine if you ask me.

ppl who have chosesn agaisnt the pats dont care, this isnt their alamo, this is yet another point where they let stupidity take over...

serioulsy??? thell say the jets, fins, and giants will all beat us, and i wont be a bit suprised.....

the jets b/c well be too focused on spygate, the fins b/c they would be winless and trying to salvage the 72 season, and the giants b/c of their pressure againt the QB

If the Pats win tomorrow everyone who picked the Steelers will just move on. IF they lose tomorrow everyone who picked the Steelers will be able to say how smart they were.

It's just the nature of media, everyone is always going to be falling all over themselves to be the guy who called it ahead of time because there's no risk otherwise.

I honestly don't get why you guys take such offense to the media picking against the Pats, though. Sports media today exists to stimulate interest and maintain viewers not to make informed or logical decisions. If everyone was picking the Pats and saying there was no chacne of them losing it would just be really, really boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes